ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is the Closest to Hitler in America Today?

My problem with the Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot specific comparisons is that it makes it easy for people to miss the larger point. Those are literally some of the worst human beings in species history. As you say, nobody is “just like” those people, but it gives people the chance to discredit the entire argument by saying that the comparison is ridiculous.

I try to stay focused on the attributes, characteristics and actions that point things in those awful directions.
  • Identifying certain groups as the enemy
  • Undermining overall trust of media and elections
  • Pointing to a specific individual as the only possible solution
  • ”They’re” taking ”our“ place (“they” and “our” can be a lot of different things)
  • Building power based on a cult of personality
There are other things, but these are the first to come to mind.
It’s trump everyone knows it. His supporters won’t admit it eve. What’s the point

Reactions: BGHAWK
I was always jealous of my Jewish friends' summer camps. Way nicer than the primitive crapholes we gentiles were schlepped off to!

Jewish summer camp:

hp-video-img.jpg

Gentile summer camp:

That's what u get for paying retail gentile

I don’t see Putin as a great speech giver. He isn’t in front of massive crowds getting people fired up
Maybe more of a Stalin then. I was thinking more of in practice. Trump like Benito talked a good game but usually didn't back it up.

I don’t see Putin as a great speech giver. He isn’t in front of massive crowds getting people fired up
I think you’re overly focused on the superficial aspect. That is part of it, but it’s not just about firing up crowds, otherwise you could say Freddie Mercury or Mick Jagger are “like Hitler.”

It’s stuff like demagoguery, use of symbols and boogeymen, insistence on subservience and following orders, thinking laws and norms are outdated or to be ignored, etc.

I think you’re overly focused on the superficial aspect. That is part of it, but it’s not just about firing up crowds, otherwise you could say Freddie Mercury or Mick Jagger are “like Hitler.”

It’s stuff like demagoguery, use of symbols and boogeymen, insistence on subservience and following orders, thinking laws and norms are outdated or to be ignored, etc.
Killing massive amount of enemies/rivals real or imagined.

Oh sure, now we have JEWISH Nazis as well as black ones.

You guys are sooper smartical! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Got any gay or gypsy Nazis you want to throw on the pile? 😂 😂 😂 😂
As implausible as it seems, there are some black Republicans.

I don't get why. Are they just playing the game for power and money, or could they actually support the R agenda?

I mean it's possible that a few African Americans might sign up with the aim of reforming the party from the inside. But if that were the case, wouldn't they sound a little more reasonable?

Do you hire 86,000 IRS agents to send greeting cards? That is a sprinkle of context for you
You are truly a moron if you bought into this insane talking point. If you spend 90 seconds actually researching what the spending bill is for you'd realize you swallowed some idiotic MAGA bullshit hook, line, and sinker. You're doing nothing but repeating easily disproven lies.

Which of the mentioned leaders would have been more likely to establish a Disinformation Governance Board and then appoint as it's head a person with a history of spreading disinformation?

Reactions: seminole97
You are truly a moron if you bought into this insane talking point. If you spend 90 seconds actually researching what the spending bill is for you'd realize you swallowed some idiotic MAGA bullshit hook, line, and sinker. You're doing nothing but repeating easily disproven lies.

IRS Funding​

The IRS has received a green light for additional funding: The Inflation Reduction Act—now signed into law—includes roughly $80 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that level of additional funding would allow the agency to hire roughly 87,000 new employees by 2031. New workers include those in many departments, such as customer service and IT, to be hired over the next decade.

So you are saying this is false?

IRS Funding​

The IRS has received a green light for additional funding: The Inflation Reduction Act—now signed into law—includes roughly $80 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that level of additional funding would allow the agency to hire roughly 87,000 new employees by 2031. New workers include those in many departments, such as customer service and IT, to be hired over the next decade.

Employees not agents. The IRS needs to update its technology. Might want to read an article from the AP or Reuters.

IRS Funding​

Your earlier comment stated 86,000 agents. This funding piece you quote now shows 87,000 new employees over 10 years spread across a variety of departments, including customer service and IT. That is not 86,000 agents.

Your earlier comment stated 86,000 agents. This funding piece you quote now shows 87,000 new employees over 10 years spread across a variety of departments, including customer service and IT. That is not 86,000 agents.
Every army needs a logistics tail.
Better to focus on the pointy end:

The IRS has 4,600 guns and five million rounds of ammunition according to a report from OpenTheBooks published in 2020.

IRS Funding​

You dumb shit - it's right there in what you posted. The IRS will hire 87,000 employees. Not agents. They also have tens of thousands who will retire or leave in the next 10 years.

My guess is you cheat on your taxes and hate the idea that the IRS will be better equipped to discover it.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Every army needs a logistics tail.
Better to focus on the pointy end:

The IRS has 4,600 guns and five million rounds of ammunition according to a report from OpenTheBooks published in 2020.
Why would the IRS need an armed presence. Serious question. There might be a perfectly good reason.

OTOH, if there is a perfectly good reason, why such a puny stash?

IRS Funding​

No, the talking point you're referring to in the context of Joe Biden is that he's adding these IRS agents as thugs to punish his political enemies, when all the bill does is fund the department to get back to full staffing and replace expected retirements over the next several years. You make it sound super ominous and now act all innocent when I call you out on your obvious regurgitation of some talking point you heard from someone like Tucker Carlson.

I’m not. Getting audited is a bitch
Their systems suck and drive some of the audit challenges. If they can upgrade their IT systems, automation and collection of data, they can be far more efficient and accurate.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I think that Trump is closer to Putin. He wants to stay in perpetual power, accumulate vast wealth, and take on an almost mythical status among his followers.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
No, the talking point you're referring to in the context of Joe Biden is that he's adding these IRS agents as thugs to punish his political enemies, when all the bill does is fund the department to get back to full staffing and replace expected retirements over the next several years. You make it sound super ominous and now act all innocent when I call you out on your obvious regurgitation of some talking point you heard from someone like Tucker Carlson.
Yay big government!!! Well I guess you believe what you want and we will see how it shakes out wont we. They have already proven to use arms of the government against political rivals so not really far fetched to have an ominous feeling about it.
You dumb shit - it's right there in what you posted. The IRS will hire 87,000 employees. Not agents. They also have tens of thousands who will retire or leave in the next 10 years.

My guess is you cheat on your taxes and hate the idea that the IRS will be better equipped to discover it.
Wait, you can't define what a woman is but now want to split hairs between employees/agents.

Yay big government!!! Well I guess you believe what you want and we will see how it shakes out wont we. They have already proven to use arms of the government against political rivals so not really far fetched to have an ominous feeling about it.

Wait, you can't define what a woman is but now want to split hairs between employees/agents.
I work for a bank and I've been waiting for tax transcripts for a customer to get a loan done because he can't find them. The IRS says it will be 6-8 weeks. Loan is supposed to close in October. They are woefully understaffed and have been for years and there is a real fear they won't properly function as scheduled retirements come in the next few years. Get off the bullshit pills and use some common sense. You don't seem like an idiot, but you sure post some idiotic crap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT