ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be Michigan's next coach?

squeezebox

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2018
It's preemptive, but Jimmy H is headed back to the league either with the chargers or falcons. Word on the inter webs is Brian Kelly wants that job.

It'll be Moore, and yeah probably a rebuild for a bit. They were already looking at one, they were going to lose a ton from this team and I'm sure there will be at least a few portal defections though maybe fewer if it's internal. Also possible sanctions depending on what degree the NCAA wants to just pin it all on Harbaugh

Reactions: cm8124
No idea, but it will be somewhat disappointing if they're hired before Iowa's new OC is announced.

Jon Budmayr is the only real answer here.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

No idea, but it will be somewhat disappointing if they're hired before Iowa's new OC is announced.

I am sure they already know Jimmy is gone since he has done this dance every year the last 2 or 3 years. It will be Moore.

Michigan is stupid if They do not elevate Moore, He is an excellent Coach and that Team played hard for Him, He was excellent in Game and is a great Coordinator. If He gets stepped over there will be no shortage of opportunities for Him

I think Michigan is ready to announce Sherrone Moore as the new Michigan head coach once Harbaugh officially announces he's leaving.

Moore will be just 38 years old on Feb 3rd.

The time crunch is a lot more real with them because it instantly opens up a new portal window for the roster. And if they're going to promote from within (which I think most assume they will) it's a pretty easy process

I am sure they already know Jimmy is gone since he has done this dance every year the last 2 or 3 years. It will be Moore.
Michigan hasn't given up on him BECAUSE he has done this dance the last two years. With that said, they are also preparing for life after Harbaugh. While it wouldn't be a shocker if he stayed, it would still be a mild surprise.

For what it's worth if the can get Kelly I think it'd be smarter to hire him than a first time coach, I just don't think that's what they will do and the sentiment in the locker room will be heavily behind Moore. Kelly gets a bad rap because he's kind of an ass, but he's one of the most consistent winners in the sport, he's been successful in pretty much every stop across several levels and made multiple playoff appearances at a very similar program at ND. I don't think he's winning a title there but I don't think they're going to be winning a title again anytime soon no matter who the coach is, including Harbaugh. They got the perfect situation this year.

Jon Budmayr is the only real answer here.
yes, I would strongly recommend Budmayr.

Or, to paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, "Some men are sent out of the country because they are needed out of the country. Other men are sent out of the country to get rid of them."

I will have to let you guys figure out if it is the former or the latter. sorry, no clues will be given.

Reactions: Legs94
I believe Brian Ferentz is still looking for a job. Imagine the high power offense he could put together with the Michigan talent. Might get 200 yards a game.
Might be a little too optimistic. Not sure Michigan has enough talent on offense for BF to achieve such a lofty goal.

Certainly would think Michigan would get some elite interest from other P2 HCs.

It's preemptive, but Jimmy H is headed back to the league either with the chargers or falcons. Word on the inter webs is Brian Kelly wants that job.
I am waiting to hear who the next Iowa OC will be and dont care about Michigan head coach. Harbaugh brought the wolves to the championship after about 7-8 years and now it is time for him to pull a Lou Holtz and get out of Dodge before the posse can arrest him for various violations.

Lou Holtz, great motivator, maybe a very good coach, but somewhat of a slick ointment salesman also.

And if he came to Iowa as the oc he wouldn’t be answering questions after games. I believe that was my original point. No reference to why he did it at Michigan.
Nor does Phil or any other assistant.

Not sure how common or uncommon it is across NCAA football to have assistants available post games. Never seen any do it. Not in NFL either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT