ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal filling up

I’m guessing he wants to coach at the top level….the MAC & Little 12(minus top 2 programs) ain’t it.
And he should know now he has to strike if that iron ever gets hot enough again if he has that ambition. Getting jumped by dudes from James Madison now.

Marco and Resnar fit the bill.
Hill was an insurance policy.
His whole summer will be weight loss, agility and throwing drills.
Hill was not an insurance policy, he was brought in due to the transfer and because assmayr wanted him. Hill will most likely transfer out after next year, and I would put good money on it. I will also say for the tenth time that I bet Resnar does not stick at the QB position.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
So I'm guessing Hill is What 6 3 if he lost about 40 pounds, he may be much more mobile than he is now!

Hill was not an insurance policy, he was brought in due to the transfer and because assmayr wanted him. Hill will most likely transfer out after next year, and I would put good money on it. I will also say for the tenth time that I bet Resnar does not stick at the QB position.
So I just watched the Resar tape. He's got a legit arm and he's got to set a wheels on him.So What makes you think he would get moved to a wide receiver or TE position!

Toriano Pride just entered the portal, CB out of Illinois who was at Clemson, Iowa had offered in HS 4 star #67 in that class. One to watch perhaps? Barnes followed Him too, This one is one to keep an eye on .

Last edited:
Reactions: h-hawk
It goes to show you the difference in culture and recruiting strategies at those places compared to Iowa. At Iowa, nobody is guaranteed a thing ... guys have a chance to earn playing time and win a starting spot. Part of doing that is to make the most of your opportunities when they come your way.

Between Iowa's culture of "togetherness" along with the philosophy that all positions are earned ...

Agreed seems like he would want a more open competition. I anticipate that Labas will leave. But still it seems like Cade is the starter I suppose he might think Cade is gone next year and feels he can beat the other guys
These seem to be two completely divergent opinions on the true openness of the QB competition at Iowa!

Does every team have every transfer come in and contribute and start right away? Cmon man. Jackson ended up being an incredible get. And also an even better fit and teammate. You’re trying to hard because of your hatred of Brian. We get it. He sucks. I can’t stand him either but a healthy Cade (bad luck) healthy All, more ba luck, Feth and Jackson plus a late blooming Brown is a pretty good move in the portal. We missed on Parker. So be it.
The real comparison should be your hit rate on transfers from the portal compared to HS recruiting as that was the primary alternative.

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
He’s not going to become anything even with a summer of that. Hill is the worst QB in Iowa history including the first year Iowa had football and guys were just running around in a field.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT