ADVERTISEMENT

Whooooooa Nebby!

images
These two look like Scott Flop’s sons. Does he have kids this old?

Oh their fans feel 9-3 at worse this season with loses to Michigan, Wisky, tOSU, and a possible trip to the B1G Championship. Some even think a win at Michigan with a possible loss to MSU or Iowa instead but feel 9-3 should be the standard bearer since they win 9 games every season.

Their online fans are delusional on the Husker rivals board. I believe they are in for a long first season with Frost and will meltdown once four losses mount up.

Link? Most feel this is a down year with a new coaching staff and new QB. No one is seriously talking 9-3.

Link? Most feel this is a down year with a new coaching staff and new QB. No one is seriously talking 9-3.

I totally had a Husker cultist tell me this weekend, at a get together, that Nebby definitely would beat Iowa due to the Messiah returning! Fortunately no debate escalated since he almost immediately pull up a pic of Frost, ran to the restroom, locked the door, and emptied the hand soap dispenser.

I get a kick out of some Iowa fans. Mind you, there are some that are very reasonable fans. But there are some like Rocky Mountain Hawk and Outback Bowl that are clearly the result of state hospital mainstreaming programs gone awry.

I know there are some fans that keep trying to convince themselves that Frost won't be successful. But they are coming to grips with reality, and know he will do well. Hell, we'll add 2 or 3 wins vs Riley last year just based on our strength and conditioning program taking the 3 and 4 star athletes entering our program and actually performing like 3 and 4 star athletes are supposed to when they are in an excellent strength and conditioning program.

What does that mean? It means that we will ultimately have better athletes on the field vs every team other than Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. It may take a year or so to catch up and pass those programs with lesser talent coming into their program, but it will happen. You all saw UCF vs Auburn. Frost's strength and conditioning staff took 2 and 3 star talent coming into that UCF program and had it competing with high 3 and 4 star talent, and winning the game. That was with a true sophomore QB.

Maybe you also didn't notice, but Frost was also Heisman-winning QB Marcus Mariota's QB coach at Oregon. And UCF's McKenzie Milton was #2 in the nation in passing efficiency this year, and passed for a ton of yards. He was a 5.5 3-star coming into UCF. We have two 5.9 4-star QBs on the roster right now. It's just a matter of time until our QB play is significantly better. Most expect it to take a year, so unlike some of the idiots are claiming on here, not many of us think 9-3 is possible this year. Especially when our SOS will be Top 5 in the nation.

Anyway, eventually even monumental 'tards like Rocky Mountain Hawk and Outback Bowl will understand how an exceptional S&C program and a staff that has an idea of what they are doing will impact a Husker program that has by far the best recruiting over the last 5 years in the West. It's going to happen. It's just a matter of if we turn the corner late this year or next year. Carry on..

Reactions: CDMXHusker
I get a kick out of some Iowa fans. Mind you, there are some that are very reasonable fans. But there are some like Rocky Mountain Hawk and Outback Bowl that are clearly the result of state hospital mainstreaming programs gone awry.

I know there are some fans that keep trying to convince themselves that Frost won't be successful. But they are coming to grips with reality, and know he will do well. Hell, we'll add 2 or 3 wins vs Riley last year just based on our strength and conditioning program taking the 3 and 4 star athletes entering our program and actually performing like 3 and 4 star athletes are supposed to when they are in an excellent strength and conditioning program.

What does that mean? It means that we will ultimately have better athletes on the field vs every team other than Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. It may take a year or so to catch up and pass those programs with lesser talent coming into their program, but it will happen. You all saw UCF vs Auburn. Frost's strength and conditioning staff took 2 and 3 star talent coming into that UCF program and had it competing with high 3 and 4 star talent, and winning the game. That was with a true sophomore QB.

Maybe you also didn't notice, but Frost was also Heisman-winning QB Marcus Mariota's QB coach at Oregon. And UCF's McKenzie Milton was #2 in the nation in passing efficiency this year, and passed for a ton of yards. He was a 5.5 3-star coming into UCF. We have two 5.9 4-star QBs on the roster right now. It's just a matter of time until our QB play is significantly better. Most expect it to take a year, so unlike some of the idiots are claiming on here, not many of us think 9-3 is possible this year. Especially when our SOS will be Top 5 in the nation.

Anyway, eventually even monumental 'tards like Rocky Mountain Hawk and Outback Bowl will understand how an exceptional S&C program and a staff that has an idea of what they are doing will impact a Husker program that has by far the best recruiting over the last 5 years in the West. It's going to happen. It's just a matter of if we turn the corner late this year or next year. Carry on..
Okay, I can understand the excitement from Nebraska fans with the Frost hire, but when will you guys learn to stop thumping your chests until something actually happens? I can go all the way back to the Callahan hire where Nebraska fans predicted the resurgence to national prominence....never happened. I would recommend that having silent optimism is a better route if you don't want other fanbases to laugh at you when those lofty heights are not met. Also, I would recommend that Nebraska fans come to the conclusion that Nebraska's biggest hurdle is that it's in Nebraska and will never have the resources available to it to annually compete with the main blue bloods. Be happy with an occasional good to great season and stop acting like other teams should fear you.

Okay, I can understand the excitement from Nebraska fans with the Frost hire, but when will you guys learn to stop thumping your chests until something actually happens? I can go all the way back to the Callahan hire where Nebraska fans predicted the resurgence to national prominence....never happened. I would recommend that having silent optimism is a better route if you don't want other fanbases to laugh at you when those lofty heights are not met. Also, I would recommend that Nebraska fans come to the conclusion that Nebraska's biggest hurdle is that it's in Nebraska and will never have the resources available to it to annually compete with the main blue bloods. Be happy with an occasional good to great season and stop acting like other teams should fear you.

This

Didn't realize Kilroy was a Husker Fan now....

I think what you meant to say was that we don't have the close access to the talent pool that many of the other blue bloods have. While that may be true, we still have the panache that attracts recruits. If you don't believe it, look up the large scale poll that had app. 70,000 college football fans vote on blue bloods.

We were considered #7 of college football's blue bloods (with 2/3 of all respondents agreeing that Nebraska was a blue blood), ahead of Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and many others. The only ones ahead of us were Alabama, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, and I believe Texas was barely ahead of us in the poll.

If you were referring to a lack of revenue to keep up with the other blue bloods, then you should probably sign off this website, and get your head examined pronto. We have more than enough dough in the coffers to support recruiting, championship facilities, and any dough needed to support a national title caliber team. We are a self-sustaining athletic department, with no state funding, that gives back millions of dollars to the general academic scholarship fund every year. We have more dough than we know what to do with.

Frost and his staff signed 9 4-star recruits in '18 while working part-time in Lincoln for 2 months. If he and his staff can sign 10 4-stars a year and finish in the Top 15 - 20 in recruiting every year, that is plenty of talent to win the West most years, and compete for the conference championship. Dantonio has won conference championships with less talent on his roster.

As I've mentioned, S&C is an integral part of the equation, and previous staffs didn't have the type of accountability that Frost has had. The gains in roughly just 4 months have been greater than any I've seen from any previous coaching regimes. Sure, much of that was because Riley didn't have accountability.

As I've said, these players are finally going to play like 3 and 4-star recruits that are in an exceptional S&C program. That means when they become comfortable in the offensive and defensive systems, which will probably be in '19 sometime, they are going to be a program that will eventually be on par with the late 90s to early 00s. I would think within 3 to 4 years we will be rolling again. Probably not on the level of Osborne 90s teams, but certainly to the level of our '99, '00, and '01 teams.

Last edited:

The off season, every husker fans wet dream. A time when the recruitting numbers and "next years" heal the wounds of of 50 point whoopings and knowing you have not made OSU punt in half a decade. Gotta love the skirts.

Last edited:
The off season, every husker fans wet dream. A time when the recruitting numbers and "next years" heal the wounds of if 50 point whoopings and knowing you have not made OSU punt in half a decade. Gotta love the skirts.

Haven't seen you over on our site for a while. Now attempting to fit in here again are you? A man without a country.

I think what you meant to say was that we don't have the close access to the talent pool that many of the other blue bloods have. While that may be true, we still have the panache that attracts recruits. If you don't believe it, look up the large scale poll that had app. 70,000 college football fans vote on blue bloods.

We were considered #7 of college football's blue bloods (with 2/3 of all respondents agreeing that Nebraska was a blue blood), ahead of Michigan, Penn State, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, and many others. The only ones ahead of us were Alabama, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, USC, Ohio State, and I believe Texas was barely ahead of us in the poll.

If you were referring to a lack of revenue to keep up with the other blue bloods, then you should probably sign off this website, and get your head examined pronto. We have more than enough dough in the coffers to support recruiting, championship facilities, and any dough needed to support a national title caliber team. We are a self-sustaining athletic department, with no state funding, that gives back millions of dollars to the general academic scholarship fund every year. We have more dough than we know what to do with.

Frost and his staff signed 9 4-star recruits in '18 while working part-time in Lincoln for 2 months. If he and his staff can sign 10 4-stars a year and finish in the Top 15 - 20 in recruiting every year, that is plenty of talent to win the West most years, and compete for the conference championship. Dantonio has won conference championships with less talent on his roster.

As I've mentioned, S&C is an integral part of the equation, and previous staffs didn't have the type of accountability that Frost has had. The gains in roughly just 4 months have been greater than any I've seen from any previous coaching regimes. Sure, much of that was because Riley didn't have accountability.

As I've said, these players are finally going to play like 3 and 4-star recruits that are in an exceptional S&C program. That means when they become comfortable in the offensive and defensive systems, which will probably be in '19 sometime, they are going to be a program that will eventually be on par with the late 90s to early 00s. I would think within 3 to 4 years we will be rolling again. Probably not on the level of Osborne 90s teams, but certainly to the level of our '99, '00, and '01 teams.

Okay, time to close up shop. It's all over. The rest of the West should just be happy to play second fiddle to Nebraska over the next 10 years and beyond.

It's nice that 70k college FB fans consider Nebraska a blue blood. I would agree too. No one can dispute Nebraska's historical success. Here's the thing. Pretty much every single program in a P5 conference is legitimately trying at football now. Meaning they are sinking money and resources into football. The TV contracts allow them to do that. Northwestern, a small private school, just opened up a gleaming new practice facility on the shores of Lake Michigan. Purdue -- yes Purdue -- is about to open a brand new football facility. Why is that important? Because it makes it harder to do what Nebraska did in the 1990s. Even Ohio State, with all of its dominance and real access to high-level talent, has appeared in just 2 of the last 4 conference title games.

I could envision a scenario where Frost has a 3-year record similar to 1999-2001 of 12-1, 10-2, 11-2. But are they just going to average 11 wins a season for 10 straight years? That is what you and others seem to be saying is a given. That's where the rest of us say let's wait and see. The margin for error at Nebraska is different than it is at Ohio State. That's just the way it is. That's what makes what Wisconsin has done over the last decade so remarkable. We shall see how this all plays out. It will be fun to watch.

In an effort to keep all things debby on one street corner.

Looks like the skirts lost another LB'er yesterday, making them razor thin at the ILB position. They have 4 juniors or seniors( one of which is Transfer Will Honas) at the ILB position. Tough road ahead if your going into the B10 wanting to play a 3-4 with those numbers. WDDT prediction: Wiscy doesnt punt on 10-6-2018.

Reactions: deanhawk88

LoL.

Ok, Cooter Ray or Douglas LeBoner, it’s not me, it’s your Husker Rivals board that has fans clamoring 9-3 at worst in threads with some calling for the B1G west crown in the first year with Frosty. But the funny thing is you calling posters like me tards (nice) then say how Scott Frost is going to beat everyone with lesser talent by outworking other teams.

Hello? That’s what Iowa has done over the 20 years with KF and will continue to do so with mixed results due to the competition in the league. And this is the B1G not the AAC so why don’t you let Scott Frost coach in the B1G with results before being crowned the messiah of Nebraska. Just like Pelini and Riley, you and all your fans are setting yourselves up for failure again, and again but march right over to the Iowa Rivals board to proclaim being back! Again, on an Iowa board.

Have a good day Douglas LeBoner, Cooter Ray, or whoever the hell you are!!

Okay, time to close up shop. It's all over. The rest of the West should just be happy to play second fiddle to Nebraska over the next 10 years and beyond.

It's nice that 70k college FB fans consider Nebraska a blue blood. I would agree too. No one can dispute Nebraska's historical success. Here's the thing. Pretty much every single program in a P5 conference is legitimately trying at football now. Meaning they are sinking money and resources into football. The TV contracts allow them to do that. Northwestern, a small private school, just opened up a gleaming new practice facility on the shores of Lake Michigan. Purdue -- yes Purdue -- is about to open a brand new football facility. Why is that important? Because it makes it harder to do what Nebraska did in the 1990s. Even Ohio State, with all of its dominance and real access to high-level talent, has appeared in just 2 of the last 4 conference title games.

I could envision a scenario where Frost has a 3-year record similar to 1999-2001 of 12-1, 10-2, 11-2. But are they just going to average 11 wins a season for 10 straight years? That is what you and others seem to be saying is a given. That's where the rest of us say let's wait and see. The margin for error at Nebraska is different than it is at Ohio State. That's just the way it is. That's what makes what Wisconsin has done over the last decade so remarkable. We shall see how this all plays out. It will be fun to watch.

Like I said, there are some very reasonable fans over here. I couldn't agree more with your post, although I would actually be pretty delighted if Frost could average close to 10 wins a year, after the initial 2 or 3 years of ramping up. I don't expect 11 wins a year necessarily, but I know the way we support football that we will spend whatever we need to spend to make sure we can bring in enough talent to compete with pretty much anyone in the conference. I would think based on your post that you would know this to be true.

Sure, Northwestern just built a fantastic facility...and they'll still fill it with mostly 2 and 3-star talent because of academic limitations. And Purdue may have built new facilities, but they are still going to struggle to recruit the talent needed to compete for B1G Championships. We both know that if Brohm has any modicum of success, he will be swiped by a program with more history and tradition within 4 years. Then they will start over again. We both know this.

LoL.

Ok, Cooter Ray or Douglas LeBoner, it’s not me, it’s your Husker Rivals board that has fans clamoring 9-3 at worst in threads with some calling for the B1G west crown in the first year with Frosty. But the funny thing is you calling posters like me tards (nice) then say how Scott Frost is going to beat everyone with lesser talent by outworking other teams.

Hello? That’s what Iowa has done over the 20 years with KF and will continue to do so with mixed results due to the competition in the league. And this is the B1G not the AAC so why don’t you let Scott Frost coach in the B1G with results before being crowned the messiah of Nebraska. Just like Pelini and Riley, you and all your fans are setting yourselves up for failure again, and again but march right over to the Iowa Rivals board to proclaim being back! Again, on an Iowa board.

Have a good day Douglas LeBoner, Cooter Ray, or whoever the hell you are!!

Honestly, please just shhhhh...and let those with more than a high school equivalency discuss football. The kid's table has a few spots open, and pudding pops for all.

I don't recall anyone saying 9 wins next year. I've seen a few say 8 wins, which is within the realm of possibility, but more likely 6 or 7 wins.

Last edited:
Haven't seen you over on our site for a while. Now attempting to fit in here again are you? A man without a country.

I mean no offense or personal attack when I say this but your board right now is a cesspool. Just look at the Tony Fair thread. Half the people on there are there just to complain about Riley and another section is CHUGGING scooter kool-aid, not a ton of sense around there. I understand the optimism of hiring the prodigal son but as others have pointed out, you guys have talked enough over the years, it's time for you to win. Believe it or not UCF recruited much better than "2 and 3 stars" and were getting high 3s and low 4s in 15 and 16 and Frost got some playmakers other ways. I enjoy the banter, so whatever, but at some point you guys are going to have to stop talking and start doing. No one cares about "gonna happen". Guess what, in 19 we are going to be LOADED, see you dont care either.

Last edited:

Wow talk about a drastic change of narratives from last year at this time for Nebraska fans. Year ago all we heard was how coming off 9 wins they were going to win even more, have a Manning Camp MVP at QB (Armstrong held us down), have a great DC coming in with Diacco and will restore the Blackshirt D with the 3-4 and players are going into year 3 into the system so watch out Big 10 West....And Iowa fans hope you enjoyed last 2 years cause your time of beating us is done. Finally of course the recruiting. A tradition like no other how we hear from Jan. to August about how many 4* you have and how epic they'll be. By the way how is Keyshawn Johnson Jr doing these days? Congrats you win that off season recruiting trophy again.

Now we get how you are excited about your new coach as other posters have stated. Totally get that. But you speak as if it's a given he will succeed and win so much just based off one seasons results at UCF. College football history is littered with sure thing coaches who have not lived up to expectations at big time schools. I do love the strength and conditioning argument that's a new one. I think problems last year were more than that but don't but all your eggs in that basket will turn everything around. Again as said by others maybe hold off on all the talk of your return to glory. We've been hearing for a decade plus so please get back to us when you finally do something on the field cause otherwise it's just tiresome repetitive statement we hear every off season.

Last edited:
Like I said, there are some very reasonable fans over here. I couldn't agree more with your post, although I would actually be pretty delighted if Frost could average close to 10 wins a year, after the initial 2 or 3 years of ramping up. I don't expect 11 wins a year necessarily, but I know the way we support football that we will spend whatever we need to spend to make sure we can bring in enough talent to compete with pretty much anyone in the conference. I would think based on your post that you would know this to be true.

Sure, Northwestern just built a fantastic facility...and they'll still fill it with mostly 2 and 3-star talent because of academic limitations. And Purdue may have built new facilities, but they are still going to struggle to recruit the talent needed to compete for B1G Championships. We both know that if Brohm has any modicum of success, he will be swiped by a program with more history and tradition within 4 years. Then they will start over again. We both know this.

The reason it matters is the point I'm making is that the overall level of football is rising for everyone. Yes, Northwestern will still be limited by its academic standards, but you don't think the new facility to going to move the needle even a bit for them? Or that they will develop players better thanks to their new facility? And I would agree that Brohm -- if he wins -- may very well bolt. But it's not totally unreasonable to see him staying. Purdue would have the money to pay him well and if he were to win a division title in the next year or 2 he would have job security for life there.

When everyone is trying and competing at football, it makes it harder for one team to exercise dominance over an entire division. Yes, Nebraska could generate the best recruiting classes in the division. But the margin between them and Iowa, Purdue, Northwestern, etc. won't be so large in terms of talent that the teams on the field won't be competitive.

Anyway, thank goodness less than 3 months until games start.

No, I meant exactly what I said. I'm not surprised that your response is exactly what I was trying to tell you not to do. You have so many assumptions which create pretty high expectations for Nebraska while taking little to no account of what other schools in the same conference/division have and are doing. You are setting yourself up for disappointment just like many Nebbie fans did for Solich, Callahan, Pellini, and Riley. If that is what you want to do, by all means go ahead.

You're casting a broad net looking for a hit but missing on all front. You take a cruse through and see what you think you see. I hang out there and tell you what you are spewing isn't true. People are hopeful but have the wait and see mentality right now. There are quite a few just being smart alecs, been going on for sometime now with the luck we've been having.

You're casting a broad net looking for a hit but missing on all front. You take a cruse through and see what you think you see. I hang out there and tell you what you are spewing isn't true. People are hopeful but have the wait and see mentality right now. There are quite a few just being smart alecs, been going on for sometime now with the luck we've been having.

Wrong. Go read the "who do we upset" thread. Iowa isnt an upset, they have only beat us to a pulp. You guys think your in the same class as PSU, oSU and Wiscy and what you dont seem to acknowledge is you are needing to improve to get into the 2nd tier . (Iowa, msu,Nw)

I know A LOT of stupid Nebbers (what Nebber isn’t, right?) but you’re probably the dumbest Nebber of them all!

Congrats on winning something this year because it’s going to be a long season on the field for you & the Fighting Flops!

Reactions: sltldowney
Great detailed breakdown I cannot help but agree.

I will add that Callahan was a disaster and apparently could neither coach college kids, nor higher coaches that could coach college kids. His teams did not look like the players knew what they were doing. He did do a good job of recruiting which helped Pelini his first few years.

Pelini was the obvious choice when TO hired him. Most of Husker Nation thought he was a great choice.

I also think Carl Pelini was more important than he was given credit for until he left to chase FL coeds.

I believe but for his mouth Pelini would have lasted a year or two longer, but he was enough of an embarrassment that he had lost the support of key downers and the administration at the end and he was easy to let go.

Riley (Like Callahan years earlier) was a result of a scramble to get an acceptable replacement; Nebraska ended up with a coach that was the near antithesis of Pelini.

With regards to Frost; I think he can win 5-6 this year

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I wanted him to be the coach, and I wanted him to succeed. I also agree 100% about Carl Pelini - when he left, something on the football field changed for the worse.

Iowa's strength and conditioning program takes a backseat to NOBODY in the Big 10. Now run along little boy (or girl).

I suppose he (like every other Iowa fan) has been banned from the Nebby "rivals" site. I get a kick out of how ignorant Nebby fans are on that site when discussing Iowa and they get all giddy that Iowa fans don't have any rebuttals, when they are simply too stupid to realize that Iowa fans AREN'T ALLOWED to even post there.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT