ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s the poster here who thinks Oliver Martin is by far our best WR?

FlickShagwell

HB Legend
Jun 16, 2003
Omaha, NE
He got punked by Blair Sanderson earlier this year when he said OM played the same position as Brandon Smith? I think I found him on twitter. Get a load of this guy.

Found him.

It is now very clear that Oliver Martin should have been on the field all year long. He is a highly capable receiver who can most surely hack it with anyone on the team right now. Gotta keep guys like him interested or you get what we got when he first committed out of High School. I hope he sticks it out and shows how elite he can be. He could have gotten a jump start with that this year if he hadn't been relegated to riding the bench. I look forward to hearing about the incredible rapport he and Petras establish between now and the 20 season then seeing him catch 65 balls for 850 yds and 9 tds.

I've been all through this before. He's a polished and reliable all around receiver. He proved it in High school enough to get a 4 star rating. He learned more and played at Michigan. As a Freshman at Michigan his stats were greater than this year at Iowa. He is obviously highly intelligent and it translates to the field. He is quite athletic and has more reliable hands than some of our receivers. I have seen enough in several areas to believe he could have been our top guy.

He got punked by Blair Sanderson earlier this year when he said OM played the same position as Brandon Smith? I think I found him on twitter. Get a load of this guy.

Why are people talking about nw 2018? Is it so crazy that tj and ism were are top pass catchers in a game? We run for 65 total yards and the reason we lose is not playing a poor blocking TE enough? Lol

tenor.gif

(Harb is cooler than you Btw)

Iowa returns more WR receptions and yards by far than any other season under KF and this guy complains about Martin not getting playing time. lol

Exactly. Don't get it. The Iowa WR room is as good as it's been in years, likely the best in the KF era with number of guys already who are playing at a high level (Smith, ISM, Tracy, Ragaini). You can be a good WR and not get on the field right now at Iowa.

Honestly don't see why Ragaini gets more reps than OM.

I think Nico's production and hands, fell off later in the season. So, I think the door is open to get OM on the field more. Additionally, Oliver was a very good Punt return guy in HS, so I think he's going to maybe get a shot there, as well.

Pending the virus, OM will have a chance to shine this year. I am optimistic he will put up some good stats...GO HAWKS!

I think Nico's production and hands, fell off later in the season. So, I think the door is open to get OM on the field more. Additionally, Oliver was a very good Punt return guy in HS, so I think he's going to maybe get a shot there, as well.
95% of all skill position players on Iowa's team were good return guys in HS. That is the norm for all teams and means nothing at the collegiate level.

95% of all skill position players on Iowa's team were good return guys in HS. That is the norm for all teams and means nothing at the collegiate level.

We can agree to DISAGREE. I'm hoping to see Oliver Martin using his physical running style, speed and agility on Punts for the Hawkeyes, this year.

How was the Hawkeye return average last yr?

Harb has not been here for a while. Taking a break, a new user name or got the Covid?

Speaking for myself, I'll wait for the season (if there's one) to unfold and watch a few games before speculating on who is best or should be getting the deserved PT.

What we're told, every position is open and you have to earn it every game.

Reactions: H4wkfan4life
Last I heard Harb was having so health issues. He was away for awhile and people got worried but he popped back in to say he is in a fight.

Not trying to dox anyone, just proud of my (and hell, yours too) detective skills.

I get that and didn’t mean it as a “snappy” reply the way it probably seemed. Hell, it is also possible there are multiple fans (especially in the Iowa City area) that truly believe Oliver is under-utilized. All good!

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
I think Oliver is really gifted but this isn’t the 2015 WR room... no disrespect but it wasn’t deep like this current group. OM imo play a lot more this year and will probably IMO start his senior year with Tracy and Ragaini

@mooresville hawk @ghostOfHomer777 @CesspoolHawk @FlickShagwell @iafan44 @ichawk24 @hawkfeever @ahmaddoschad @David1979 @hawkeyebob62 @HawkeyeInCentralIowa @hawkbirch @BDJHawk @just_somebody @AnyOneButYou @CesspoolHawk @pink shizzle @Torg @WEH8ST8HAWK @Wadukester @WSC72 @michael.nelson311 @rchawk @PCBHAWK @Faithfull @silasstarr

In the other thread, you thought Harb was trolling when it came to Oliver Martin.

This thread (where in the orig post you can see that he went after Blair & Scott Dochterman) is a reminder that when it comes to Harb:

(1) he is not trolling; he is 100% serious.
(2) based on the pics I have seen, he clearly is buddies w/ Oliver Martin
(3) you can ignore anything he types now and moving forward.
(4) He's a complete idiot when it comes to analyzing a player's skills and why they are or are not playing
Damn. I don’t even remember this thread. But good call. Harb isn’t a troll. He’s actually a total dumbass.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT