ADVERTISEMENT

Why Are Republicans Across the Country So Invested In Rolling Back Child Labor Protection Laws?

Plus he won’t say why it’s insane. He just wouldn’t feel comfortable if a 16 year old was on his roof with a hammer.
He als has no problem with a 15 year old driving while he or she most likely has a phone in hand.
Also no problem with a 16 year old knowing they need transgender surgery.
Studies show that affirming care reduces depression and suicidal thoughts in kids. If it's about protecting kids, like banning TikTok, then why aren't you in support of affirming care?

And no, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a 15 year old behind the wheel with a phone.

Reactions: nelly02
Me reading this thread
giphy.gif

Reactions: mattymoknows
I understand what you’re talking about. I’m confused as to why you mentioned anything about rolling back water break laws.
I don’t think anyone ever mentioned doing so.

Fun fact. I was actually in Mankato Minnesota to watch the Minnesota Vikings training camp the morning Korey Stringer passed away from heat exhaustion.
My dad and I had a little mention in the Minneapolis star tribune. So I think I understand what heat exhaustion is and getting water at practice. I also played the sport.

I would bet you my left nut that more people die as a result of social media then They do working in a meat processing plant.
I will take that bet. I will also bet my left nut. Unfortunately it has been gone a while ago since I was a young boy riding a bike had an accident. But I digress.

I hated taking lunch breaks when I was a kid.

I only had weekends to work, and not even all of those if there was a race or tournament on a Saturday. Last thing I wanted to do is sit around not getting paid....figured if I am at work let me work and get paid.

Spent that age working at an Old Counrty Buffet as the carver....somehow me as a 16 year old was better at it than the adults....kept my knives sharp enough to slice through just about anything. I also loved flipping them :)

Luckily we figured out a loop hole...my boss scheduled me to open on Saturdays and Sundays and just didn't schedule anyone else the rest of the day.

I would get there at 6am and be finished cleaning and closing up and on the road home by midnight.

I wasn't abused.

I wanted all the hours I could get during the two days I could get it...Monday thru Friday I typically got to high school around 5am and left around 8pm, unless there was an out of town competition, those days many times not even getting back to high school until after 10.

16 year old kids do not need you treating them like they are incapable of making their own decisions about working.

Oh...and in the summer when not carving, my job was unloading the sheet rock and getting it staged...along with whatever else they needed. I lived. Hell they hated it when I wasn't there...I could grab two sheets at a time and just go up stairs, downstairs...non stop...anywhere until it was all staged.

Loved it.

I only had weekends to work, and not even all of those if there was a race or tournament on a Saturday. Last thing I wanted to do is sit around not getting paid....figured if I am at work let me work and get paid.

Spent that age working at an Old Counrty Buffet as the carver....somehow me as a 16 year old was better at it than the adults....kept my knives sharp enough to slice through just about anything. I also loved flipping them :)

Luckily we figured out a loop hole...my boss scheduled me to open on Saturdays and Sundays and just didn't schedule anyone else the rest of the day.

I would get there at 6am and be finished cleaning and closing up and on the road home by midnight.

I wasn't abused.

I wanted all the hours I could get during the two days I could get it...Monday thru Friday I typically got to high school around 5am and left around 8pm, unless there was an out of town competition, those days many times not even getting back to high school until after 10.

16 year old kids do not need you treating them like they are incapable of making their own decisions about working.

Oh...and in the summer when not carving, my job was unloading the sheet rock and getting it staged...along with whatever else they needed. I lived. Hell they hated it when I wasn't there...I could grab two sheets at a time and just go up stairs, downstairs...non stop...anywhere until it was all staged.

Loved it.
So let them vote. And make their decisions on drinking alcohol responsibly.

I wasn't abused.

Loved it.
I gave this a like for how over the top it is.

I could check but why don’t you share with me the safeguards they are taking away.
I believe there was talk about allowing kids to work more hours and also later into the night.
I don’t understand why working later would be that big of an issue considering I have nieces and nephews in elementary and middle school playing sports until 10 or later on school nights. I also remember a coworker sharing with me about his kid getting back from show choir and track meets at midnight. Where are the safeguards for the kids in extra curricular activities?

Why do so many of you care anyway? It’s clear non of your kids will be doing these jobs so why are you bitching about it? You don’t care about some poors kid that’s working to try and help support his/her family or buy his/her own vehicle.
I can guarantee you that elementary kids aren't playing sports until 10 on school nights. Why do you guys like to make stuff up?

I could check but why don’t you share with me the safeguards they are taking away.
I believe there was talk about allowing kids to work more hours and also later into the night.
I don’t understand why working later would be that big of an issue considering I have nieces and nephews in elementary and middle school playing sports until 10 or later on school nights. I also remember a coworker sharing with me about his kid getting back from show choir and track meets at midnight. Where are the safeguards for the kids in extra curricular activities?

Why do so many of you care anyway? It’s clear non of your kids will be doing these jobs so why are you bitching about it? You don’t care about some poors kid that’s working to try and help support his/her family or buy his/her own vehicle.

I can guarantee you that elementary kids aren't playing sports until 10 on school nights. Why do you guys like to make stuff up?
Why don’t you give me your personal information and I’ll have my brother or sister give you a call and tell you how their kids are out after 10 playing sports.

Why do you care anyway? It’s clear non of your kids will be doing these jobs so why are you bitching about it? You don’t care about some poors kid that’s working to try and help support his/her family or buy his/her own vehicle.

Democrats don’t want to do anything but they think they should have anything they want.
How is this logical?

Strange. I'm registered Democrat yet I have a job and know that I can't have everything that I want.

Why don't you just ask me that under the handle? It's very clear you 2 are the same person.
lmao. You’re saying he created a handle 10 years ago and started using it now just to ask you if you have a crush on him.
I’ve noticed you have roughly 5 people that always like your lame comments. Are they all the operated by you?

lmao. You’re saying he created a handle 10 years ago and started using it now just to ask you if you have a crush on him.
I’ve noticed you have roughly 5 people that always like your lame comments. Are they all the operated by you?
Yes. That’s clearly what I’m saying. You popped up out of nowhere attacking me last week when I was giving him a hard time. You two have the exact same posting style. It’s very obvious. But hey brah, you do you!

Edit: and he’s the only person on this board to ever accuse me of having multiple handles. But here you are doing it too.

Yes. That’s clearly what I’m saying. You popped up out of nowhere attacking me last week when I was giving him a hard time. You two have the exact same posting style. It’s very obvious. But hey brah, you do you!

Edit: and he’s the only person on this board to ever accuse me of having multiple handles. But here you are doing it too.
Keep dreaming. Maybe someday some will care that much about you.
It couldn’t be that I mentioned you have multiple handles because you brought it up could it?

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT