ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Getting in on the Child Slave Labor Action

I'd imagine that this would increase dropout rates. I can't imagine pulling nights shifts and going to school the next day would be beneficial.
Simple, then don't let your imaginary kids do it.
It's not like these kids are being dragged from their homes and forced to work like you and the OP want to pretend. Jfc.

It's not like these kids are being dragged from their homes and forced to work like you and the OP want to pretend. Jfc.
The ones who need jobs are likely going to be forced to work nights. If a kid gets a job at McDonalds I have zero confidence a manager won't schedule them nights whenever needed. Why give the manager this option? Why should kids work nights and go to school the next day unable to learn?

The ones who need jobs are likely going to be forced to work nights. If a kid gets a job at McDonalds I have zero confidence a manager won't schedule them nights whenever needed. Why give the manager this option? Why should kids work nights and go to school the next day unable to learn?
Well, if the kid doesn't want to work nights he can get another job, there's plenty available.
Again, this isn't forced.
What's the real reason this irks you so much? Bc its Florida/DeSantis? Do you think it's someway taking jobs away from others who are more deserving or in need? Get to the point of your stupid outrage already.

No. Its not

Work
Yes. It is.

If you were correct, there could be no poverty (in fact, no way to distinguish rich and poor, as anyone could have as much of anything as they wanted), as the economic definition of scarcity is insufficient supply to meet demand at a price of zero.

Yet a quick glance at the store shelf will tell you that prices aren’t zero, and we don’t have as much of what we want as we’d like, and we’re forced to choose. They have prices in Timbuktu too, that’s why traders would go there. They didn’t bring gold to trade for salt because they had enough salt, the concept of scarcity is real.

Well, if the kid doesn't want to work nights he can get another job, there's plenty available.
Again, this isn't forced.
What's the real reason this irks you so much? Bc its Florida/DeSantis? Do you think it's someway taking jobs away from others who are more deserving or in need? Get to the point of your stupid outrage already.
Great mentality. Don't like working nights, don't work fast food, Walmart, or one of the industries that actually employs kids. Again, why make it harder on them? It's almost spiteful.

Yes. It is.

If you were correct, there could be no poverty (in fact, no way to distinguish rich and poor, as anyone could have as much of anything as they wanted), as the economic definition of scarcity is insufficient supply to meet demand at a price of zero.

Yet a quick glance at the store shelf will tell you that prices aren’t zero, and we don’t have as much of what we want as we’d like, and we’re forced to choose. They have prices in Timbuktu too, that’s why traders would go there. They didn’t bring gold to trade for salt because they had enough salt, the concept of scarcity is real.
Point Agree GIF by Ford

That's why we should send Billions to Ukraine and Israel so we can help these people here at home.

Yes. It is.

Lol...read the book. You may learn something

I have had several high school seniors working 3rd shift to help pay their parents bills. There are high school kids working because they have to.

Reactions: goldmom
Of course, its all about the children lol... The want an uneducated populace... Of course they don't care about these children... the ones that would end up working overnight are the kids from poor families.

Florida GOP Advances Bill To Loosen Child Labor Laws​

December 13, 2023 Politics, Republicans

Florida Politics reports:

From that article:

The St. Pete Beach Republican portrayed it as an effort to boost teens’ long-term well-being, citing research that shows kids in states with looser child labor laws have better graduation rates. That includes even blue states such as Illinois, New Jersey and others.

Kids want to work, she said, noting that teen workforce participation has dropped precipitously since Florida adopted its current guidelines in the 1930s.

So, her reasoning is that kids in New Jersey have higher graduation rates because they have looser child labor laws?

Clearly, this woman possesses a fiercely logical mind.

Before I read the article, I assumed the motivation was agriculture-related, and only for very occasional seasonal tasks or weather-related emergencies (i.e., hard freezes).

I still suspect that’s what’s driving this, but the legislator is trying to frame it as somehow good for “graduation rates” and doesn’t care that her explanation sounds ridiculous because she knows the Florida stage legislator is disproportionately run by Good-Ole-Boys who do what they like.

Of course, its all about the children lol... The want an uneducated populace... Of course they don't care about these children... the ones that would end up working overnight are the kids from poor families.

Florida GOP Advances Bill To Loosen Child Labor Laws​

December 13, 2023 Politics, Republicans

Florida Politics reports:

Of course there's democrat opposition...they're opposed to work in all fashions.

If the pie of wealth is fixed, who was hiding all the trillions in wealth Americans enjoy now when only Native Americans roamed the plains?

The reality is we created it. The potential was always here, we made it a reality.
The issue isn't creating wealth, its distribution of wealth. As long as 97% of the wealth is in the hands of 1% of the people we will continue to see instability in our governing systems. Every time this has happened throughout history it generally hasn't ended well for the 1%. This group seems to think they have it under control though.

Reactions: nelly02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT