ADVERTISEMENT

Why Does Trump Oppose Helping Ukraine?

We are 2 years in with no exit plan. At some point that side of the world needs to handle that side of the world's shit, we are not just a blank checkbook.

I get that we are getting away with a "cheap" war against Ukraine but its still a war.
A huge chunk of the dollars is staying right here in the United States paying for weapons we send. In terms of an exit plan, you do not know what our actual objectives are, and whether such an exit plan exists.

We are 2 years in with no exit plan. At some point that side of the world needs to handle that side of the world's shit, we are not just a blank checkbook.

I get that we are getting away with a "cheap" war against Ukraine but its still a war.

We don't need an exit plan, we are basically paying for other people to punch Putin in the face.

If Putin wants to stop getting punched in the face, he can exit.

I think the preferred exit plan is that Putin gives up or Ukraine fends them off. The exit plan we can control is to stop writing checks and sending arms and supplies when we feel it isn't in our best interest to do so.

I am all for a "cheap" war against them. Russia is a menace to democracy, so why not pay someone else to fight this war for us? Keeps Putin busy, keeps him poor and it weakens his military and more importantly it keeps American lives out of harms way.

I think the preferred exit plan is that Putin gives up or Ukraine fends them off. The exit plan we can control is to stop writing checks and sending arms and supplies when we feel it isn't in our best interest to do so.

I am all for a "cheap" war against them. Russia is a menace to democracy, so why not pay someone else to fight this war for us? Keeps Putin busy, keeps him poor and it weakens his military and more importantly it keeps American lives out of harms way.
Russia will never give up. The 3 options are, 1. nato gives up and Ukraine agrees never to join nato or 2. we have a forever war, or 3. Ww3.

Anyone have a good take on this?

Will the GOP stall meaningful aid to Ukraine until Trump is back in office?

Can Ukraine survive if Trump wins?
Ukraine is being manipulated by the global elite to transfer resources. Ukraine has a lot of resources and Nato wants them.

Once Ukraine gets blown up, US companies like blackrock already have contracts to build it back.

Lots of rich people are getting richer by the war in Ukraine, while a large number of Ukrainians are losing their lives.

3 words: The Pee Tapes

The lack of self awareness involved to keep reminding everyone of your gullibility is astounding.

From start to finish a Clinton campaign fairy tale, and y’all still want to believe so badly.

The 316-page document made public Mondayrevealed new information about how the notorious – and discredited – “pee tape” claim made its way into former UK spy Christopher Steele’s file, which was published in full by Buzzfeed News in January 2017.

Charles Dolan, a former adviser to Hillary Clinton’s failed 2008 presidential campaign and Virginia state chairman for Bill Clinton’s successful 1992 and 1996 runs, appears to have been “the actual source of much of the Ritz Carlton … information contained in the Steele reports,” Durham wrote

Payback for not playing ball after the perfect phone call.
Trump still blames Zelenski for his first impeachment.

Notice how I had to specify "first"?
100% this. Trump rewards loyalty over everything. When Zelenski wouldn't go along with his plan, that was a personal assault on him and his authority.

Still think the greatest threat of a much wider war is if we stop supporting Ukraine and her allies like Poland and the Baltic States have to take an active part in her defense. These countries hate Russia for good reason and IMO will not let her lose.

I really do not understand this. To me, support for Ukraine and our Middle East allies is singularly the most important issue out there.

We have a hybrid Caucus/Primary here next week. I still may vote for Haley. I wish I could support Trump completely, but if ever in history, there has been a domino it is Ukraine.

I have my fingers crossed that Trump will get some competent advice once he is in office.

"support for Ukraine and our Middle East allies is singularly the most important issue out there."

I should think support for the USA would come first. Let these corrupt bastages die on the vine.

• Angry
Reactions: HawkMD and Hawk_82
ukraine and russia and china are all in kahoots together, all corrupt commies. everyone should oppose giving them money

today I heard there was a bill to fund all the payroll and pensions for the entire ukraine government with u.s. money- no thanks
Can you entertain me and let me know where you heard this?

Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
100% this. Trump rewards loyalty over everything. When Zelenski wouldn't go along with his plan, that was a personal assault on him and his authority.

I'm going to call you out on your claim Trump rewards loyalty. Look at how many people he personally picked for jobs that he tossed aside once they crossed him or refused to lie or go to jail for him. Trump is loyal to no one, he just uses people and then leaves them out to dry when they have no use anymore or hurt his fragile ego.

I really do not understand this. To me, support for Ukraine and our Middle East allies is singularly the most important issue out there.

We have a hybrid Caucus/Primary here next week. I still may vote for Haley. I wish I could support Trump completely, but if ever in history, there has been a domino it is Ukraine.

I have my fingers crossed that Trump will get some competent advice once he is in office.
So you may vote for Trump?

I'm going to call you out on your claim Trump rewards loyalty. Look at how many people he personally picked for jobs that he tossed aside once they crossed him or refused to lie or go to jail for him. Trump is loyal to no one, he just uses people and then leaves them out to dry when they have no use anymore or hurt his fragile ego.
he chunked the ones not loyal, duh

Loyalty to him to the point of fealty. It certainly is not reciprocated.

A huge chunk of the dollars is staying right here in the United States paying for weapons we send. In terms of an exit plan, you do not know what our actual objectives are, and whether such an exit plan exists.
Won’t someone think of the MIC?
Here's a serious question:

Would we still be gung ho to fund Ukraine's war effort if a lot of that money wasn't coming right back to the US and - God forbid - if our MIC had to sell to Ukraine at cost?

I'm betting a lot of US Reps and Senators would suddenly lose their enthusiasm for supporting Ukraine if their donors are no longer able to profiteer off the sale of weapons and services to Ukraine.

You never supported it? So you don't get to go the blank check route.

Reactions: Torg and DFSNOLE
Here's a serious question:

Would we still be gung ho to fund Ukraine's war effort if a lot of that money wasn't coming right back to the US and - God forbid - if our MIC had to sell to Ukraine at cost?

I'm betting a lot of US Reps and Senators would suddenly lose their enthusiasm for supporting Ukraine if their donors are no longer able to profiteer off the sale of weapons and services to Ukraine.
So you honestly believe that NATO would just turn a blind eye and let Russia take Ukraine? That wouldn't be expensive or anything. That fine that you are a peace advocate but that really doesn't help those being killed in Ukraine.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
"support for Ukraine and our Middle East allies is singularly the most important issue out there."

I should think support for the USA would come first. Let these corrupt bastages die on the vine.
So you are willing to let Israel die on the vine, when you put it out there like that, suddenly things get much more real, and a much different response from republicans. If thats your stance, go with it and the repercussions are fully on Republicans and individuals like you.

Reactions: Torg
So you are willing to let Israel die on the vine, when you put it out there like that, suddenly things get much more real, and a much different response from republicans. If thats your stance, go with it and the repercussions are fully on Republicans and individuals like you.
Do you think the existence of Israel is up to the US?

You never supported it? So you don't get to go the blank check route.
English?

I can support us joining and getting Ukraine up and running while that side of the world develops a game plan and still think after 2 years there needs to be an exit plan for us.

Ukraine is being manipulated by the global elite to transfer resources. Ukraine has a lot of resources and Nato wants them.

Once Ukraine gets blown up, US companies like blackrock already have contracts to build it back.

Lots of rich people are getting richer by the war in Ukraine, while a large number of Ukrainians are losing their lives.
Zzz

I agree give them the weapons and resources needed to get Russia out, then we can exit.
Get them what they needed to not get slaughtered, provide coverage foe Europe to handle European problems. Get out. Your strategy ends up with another Vietnam situation, then you will bitch about the amount of military spending.

Get them what they needed to not get slaughtered, provide coverage foe Europe to handle European problems. Get out. Your strategy ends up with another Vietnam situation, then you will bitch about the amount of military spending.
ive never bitched about the spending, and it wouldn't be another vietname situation, you win the war get out, get them in Nato, over and done

Reactions: FlickShagwell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT