ADVERTISEMENT

Why I and other Iowa fans don’t like JBo (and Connor)…

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
Let me preface this with I hate social media and think it’s absolutely disgusting what people will tweet at players. No matter what, you don’t do that.

With that said, I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a trash player or anything like that. However, his mouth and sense of entitlement will not be missed, as his mouth has too often written a check we all know his ass will never cash.

Consider the following: Last season before the Gonzaga game, JBo did the whole “we’re going to be #1 after playing Gonzaga” public chest thumping. And what did Mr. Bohannon do in the Zags game? Scored two points.

After the BTT championship game this year, Jordan thought the week of the NCAA tournament was the perfect time to make a spectacle of social media. And, how does he perform in the first game of the tournament? Goes 2-8 for a grand total of 6 points. I don’t need to continue.

Is there a correlation between social media and performance? Probably not. At least not directly. But here’s the concern I have: JBo is not the only senior “leader” on the team who has embarrassed himself and the Iowa basketball team on social media, as Connor McCaffrey certainly has done his part to pitch in. Multiple times, I might add, and he’s the coach’s son!

Which ultimately leads to questions about Fran and discipline. Is he doing a good enough job of keeping his guys focused and hungry? I’m genuinely asking. Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

There are many things I like about Fran. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. With that said, his teams’ dud performances in the NCAA tournament are becoming habitual. If it happens once, well, you obviously chalk it up to shit happens. Twice, and you say coincidence. But after the third and how many other times, it starts to become a question of a common denominator. 🤔

I’m not sure where Iowa basketball goes from here. I’ve really enjoyed watching Luka and now Keegan play, but it’s gotten to the point I’m back to my earlier state of indifference. I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable. And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor. And the question still stands: is all of that indicative of a lack of discipline and accountability under Fran? I don’t know. I would like to think not, but at this point, the evidence is what it is.

At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End.

Last edited:
Iowa has two seniors.....JBO and CMAC

CMAC goes on rant at BTT postgame because some high school kids did a "Fire Fran" chant at his brother's game.

JBO goes off on Twitter expose....granted twitter direct messaging players is cesspool...but why not wait until after season.

They didn't get the team ready...this team didn't play hard on defense and they didn't play smart...and without Keegan or Kris bailing them out, they fell apart.

This was a good team, but they did choke and in the end, that is what all the nation cares about. I can't even watch TV to see the highlights of this upset...and the chit those players will be getting on twitter....get off twitter...and JBO, if you want to make NIL money, let your play do the talking.

7148983_633a432516a9ef4c45b7fc6cdebef194.jpg

(lifted from the Meltdown thread posted by a badger fan)

Even if it is thru tears and sobbing?

If not, and given all the great moments he gave us, you are one cold SOB.
What did he say?

Did he give any explanations why the team looked totally disinterested in playing today?
Why they didn’t take Richmond seriously?
Why Richmond played harder than them?
Why his last two NCAA tournament games he totaled 6 points?

If Connor played for another team and acted the same way he does as a Hawk the same people who defend him now would be the first ones lambasting him on a near Davison level. I think jbo and cmac are both cocky and let a little success go to their heads at the worst times and it hasn't been good for the team, especially during weeks like this when a laser focus is needed.

Glad the jbo era is finally over, I'd be willing to bet CM will milk it another year which will really gut my enthusiasm. Just sick of how they act, not even about basketball

If Connor played for another team and acted the same way he does as a Hawk the same people who defend him now would be the first ones lambasting him on a near Davison level. I think jbo and cmac are both cocky and let a little success go to their heads at the worst times and it hasn't been good for the team, especially during weeks like this when a laser focus is needed.

Glad the jbo era is finally over, I'd be willing to bet CM will milk it another year which will really gut my enthusiasm. Just sick of how they act, not even about basketball
I don't mind Connor. He's fiery but not a smart ass like jbo

Neither are close to Davison though!

I feel the same way.

I don't mind Connor. He's fiery but not a smart ass like jbo

Neither are close to Davison though!
you are right he's not davidson in the cheap physical stuff. but he comes off as a dick that we would hate on any other team. His complaining to the refs, even when he's completely wrong, is annoying and worse it make fran lose it as well (and not at conner).

What did he say?

Did he give any explanations why the team looked totally disinterested in playing today?
Why they didn’t take Richmond seriously?
Why Richmond played harder than them?
Why his last two NCAA tournament games he totaled 6 points?
They lost because their shots weren’t falling, not from lack of effort. It happens. If JBo would have dropped another 3 at the buzzer to win it today, he would have been your guy, huh?

The only silver lining in today's awful loss was that it is finally the end of Bohannon playing at Iowa. Yes, he has made some big shots here but I also think his lack of play in other areas such as defense kind of cancels all that hoopla out.

His antics and arrogance are sure not going to be missed by me and probably a lot of other fans. The twitter crap, beefing with the ncaa, NIL bs, getting confrontational with opposing coaches, claiming you are going to be in the final 4 when your team just received a NIT bid and leaving your shoes on your rivals court (only to play their again and get run out of the gym 2 years later, while being a non factor), getting knocked the f out after being a tool and throwing ice on people and then after all making a big deal about your dm's the week of your game and then lose while playing bad. The Richmond pg totally outclassed Jbo today.

You would think a man who is going to be 25 years old in a couple months would be above this middle/high school social media non sense... Is it a family problem? 3 older brothers, you would think someone would tell him to shut up.

Like chis said "oh well"... "karma is undefeated" as another poster said.

People can compare Connor and Jordan as senior leaders, Connor is night and day better. Connor carries himself better.

Ah well, maybe we won't be the only 5 seed to go down today. 12 seed New Mexico St is smacking the shit out of UConn. Up by 14 18 to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT