ADVERTISEMENT

Why I and other Iowa fans don’t like JBo (and Connor)…

So in your view Iowa’s dismal shooting today is all on JBo’s leadership?
No but there sure was an issue with leadership either players or coaching when they scored on three straight lay ups under the DAMN basket on inbounds plays with Iowa with THREE defenders in the lane. How does shit like that happen? I got called out for saying Jbo should not be getting into the twitter campaign with THIS game coming up, maybe rightly so by those who didn't agree. Well now Jbo gets to reflect on two straight NCAA losses this and Oregon last year where he did bubkas. Super senior leader? Watch the game played by the seniors at Richmond. They made the plays. Not that this was all on Jbo either. Joe T lost his mind and tried to play mano e mano. Hell even Keegan looked like he was tentative to shoot the ball after the early misses. He went almost 18 minutes of game time and didn't even attempt a shot. That just can't happen.

They lost because their shots weren’t falling, not from lack of effort. It happens. If JBo would have dropped another 3 at the buzzer to win it today, he would have been your guy, huh?

It wasn't just "their shots weren't dropping". They were throwing up threes because no one was moving without the ball. No one flashing across the lane, no one setting screens to get anyone open. On defense, no one, and I mean no one (especially KM) was denying a clean drive to the basket. Complete lack of effort.

It wasn't just "their shots weren't dropping". They were throwing up threes because no one was moving without the ball. No one flashing across the lane, no one setting screens to get anyone open. On defense, no one, and I mean no one (especially KM) was denying a clean drive to the basket. Complete lack of effort.
Well Fran, Connor, Keegan and JBo all said they thought the loss was because their shots weren’t falling. Don’t get me wrong, I know defense was lacking at times as well…

Let me preface this with I hate social media and think it’s absolutely disgusting what people will tweet at players. No matter what, you don’t do that.

With that said, I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a trash player or anything like that. However, his mouth and sense of entitlement will not be missed, as his mouth has too often written a check we all know his ass will never cash.

Consider the following: Last season before the Gonzaga game, JBo did the whole “we’re going to be #1 after playing Gonzaga” public chest thumping. And what did Mr. Bohannon do in the Zags game? Scored two points.

After the BTT championship game this year, Jordan thought the week of the NCAA tournament was the perfect time to make a spectacle of social media. And, how does he perform in the first game of the tournament? Goes 2-8 for a grand total of 6 points. I don’t need to continue.

Is there a correlation between social media and performance? Probably not. At least not directly. But here’s the concern I have: JBo is not the only senior “leader” on the team who has embarrassed himself and the Iowa basketball team on social media, as Connor McCaffrey certainly has done his part to pitch in. Multiple times, I might add, and he’s the coach’s son!

Which ultimately leads to questions about Fran and discipline. Is he doing a good enough job of keeping his guys focused and hungry? I’m genuinely asking. Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

There are many things I like about Fran. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. With that said, his teams’ dud performances in the NCAA tournament are becoming habitual. If it happens once, well, you obviously chalk it up to shit happens. Twice, and you say coincidence. But after the third and how many other times, it starts to become a question of a common denominator. 🤔

I’m not sure where Iowa basketball goes from here. I’ve really enjoyed watching Luka and now Keegan play, but it’s gotten to the point I’m back to my earlier state of indifference. I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable. And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor. And the question still stands: is all of that indicative of a lack of discipline and accountability under Fran? I don’t know. I would like to think not, but at this point, the evidence is what it is.

At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End.
Dude you don't even watch the games most of the time. Aren't you usually out antique shopping with your wife during most games?

Well Fran, Connor, Keegan and JBo all said they thought the loss was because their shots weren’t falling. Don’t get me wrong, I know defense was lacking at times as well…
The effort was poor and reflected by their settling for 3 point shots rather than actually taking it to Richmond.

No, they played like they expected Richmond to roll over.

Poor effort, lazy defense, lazy offense.

The hatred you have for him is something. At the end of the day, the dude gave it his all for this school. He loves this university, and he played a huge role in turning us around from that 14-19 disaster.
Jbo was a starter on that 14-19 team. He has played hard and hit big shots, some of his extracurricular actions have been selfish and hurt the team.

I think we would have been the same with him or without him. He didn't make Tyler Cook better, Luka Garza better, Joe Weiskamp better or Keegan Murray better. If anything he made them exhaust energy for picking up what he lacked on D. Karma got him today. He should have waited until April to be creating the Twitter drama.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable.

And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor.

At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End.

You wrote that you just don't care anymore. Yet you write 9 paragraphs.

Do you have a link to where you read about the game where it led you to seriously wonder (your words) if many of the Iowa players were resting on their laurels a bit? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

And you said many players when you talked about "resting on their laurels." So, who are you including and throwing under the bus after a loss besides Connor and JBo? Or, are you just talking more out of your ass?

And you continue to show your ignorance when you bash Connor. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that he brings a lot to the table. So, that tells us what you know about basketball.

Players are not going to just shut up and dribble. Everyone, except you it appears, seems to know that. Social media and tweets did not cause Iowa to lose this game. What did cause us to lose this game was our horrific shooting and some shitty, missed calls.

Last edited:
Jbo was a starter on that 14-19 team. He has played hard and hit big shots, some of his extracurricular actions have been selfish and hurt the team.

I think we would have been the same with him or without him. He didn't make Tyler Cook better, Luka Garza better, Joe Weiskamp better or Keegan Murray better. If anything he made them exhaust energy for picking up what he lacked on D. Karma got him today. He should have waited until April to be creating the Twitter drama.
I bet if you privately, and in confidence, asked any of the players you mentioned, they would say the complete opposite of what you just said.

Reactions: mtown66
Far to often this year we get down to 5 seconds or less and keegan had to do something special.

Reactions: BDJHawk
Do you have a link to where you read about the game where it led you to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players were resting on their laurels a bit? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

And you said many players when you talked about "resting on their laurels." So, who are you including besides Connor and JBo? Or, are you just talking more out of your ass?

And you continue to show your ignorance when you bash Connor. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that he brings a lot to the table. So, that tells us what you know about basketball.

Players are not just going to shut up and dribble. Everyone, except you it appears, seems to know that. Social media and tweets did not cause Iowa to lose this game. What did cause us to lose this game was our horrific shooting and some shitty, missed calls.

I better go get out the popcorn maker. So I can make some popcorn.

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Do you have a link to where you read about the game where it led you to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players were resting on their laurels a bit? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

And you said many players when you talked about "resting on their laurels." So, who are you including besides Connor and JBo? Or, are you just talking more out of your ass?

Players are not just going to shut up and dribble. Everyone, except you it appears, seems to know that. Social media and tweets did not cause Iowa to lose this game. What did cause us to lose this game was our horrific shooting and some shitty, missed calls.
And the inability for a coach to look at his players and tell them they are having an off night and quit chucking 3sbecause they had the talent to win an ugly game by just getting 2.

Let me preface this with I hate social media and think it’s absolutely disgusting what people will tweet at players. No matter what, you don’t do that.

With that said, I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a trash player or anything like that. However, his mouth and sense of entitlement will not be missed, as his mouth has too often written a check we all know his ass will never cash.

Consider the following: Last season before the Gonzaga game, JBo did the whole “we’re going to be #1 after playing Gonzaga” public chest thumping. And what did Mr. Bohannon do in the Zags game? Scored two points.

After the BTT championship game this year, Jordan thought the week of the NCAA tournament was the perfect time to make a spectacle of social media. And, how does he perform in the first game of the tournament? Goes 2-8 for a grand total of 6 points. I don’t need to continue.

Is there a correlation between social media and performance? Probably not. At least not directly. But here’s the concern I have: JBo is not the only senior “leader” on the team who has embarrassed himself and the Iowa basketball team on social media, as Connor McCaffrey certainly has done his part to pitch in. Multiple times, I might add, and he’s the coach’s son!

Which ultimately leads to questions about Fran and discipline. Is he doing a good enough job of keeping his guys focused and hungry? I’m genuinely asking. Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

There are many things I like about Fran. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. With that said, his teams’ dud performances in the NCAA tournament are becoming habitual. If it happens once, well, you obviously chalk it up to shit happens. Twice, and you say coincidence. But after the third and how many other times, it starts to become a question of a common denominator. 🤔

I’m not sure where Iowa basketball goes from here. I’ve really enjoyed watching Luka and now Keegan play, but it’s gotten to the point I’m back to my earlier state of indifference. I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable. And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor. And the question still stands: is all of that indicative of a lack of discipline and accountability under Fran? I don’t know. I would like to think not, but at this point, the evidence is what it is.

Wow, you have two seniors who have given their heart and soul to this program, gone through multiple surgeries with difficult rehab and generally busted their ass' for the Hawkeyes and you just can't wait to kick them while they are down. I can tell that makes you feel really good about yourself.

Bleeder overreacts after both wins and losses.

After we beat Alabama State he was so giddy he created a thread and asked if this year's team was better than last year's team.
Well to be fair, Bleeder doesn't always catch the games but he's great about catching the box score afterwards.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Maybe I missed it in another post, but did anyone think maybe there were some tired legs out there today??? We just went through the Big Ten gauntlet to win some hardware and the NCAA’s reward was a Thursday game instead of Friday? I realize everyone is emotional after a loss like this, but to debase these players after they exceeded most everyone’s expectations is ridiculous. Iowa won the Big Ten Tournament, why can’t we build on that? Same old garbage from certain posters who believe quantity is quality. If some of you can‘t handle how things roll with the black and gold hit the bricks!

Maybe I missed it in another post, but did anyone think maybe there were some tired legs out there today??? We just went through the Big Ten gauntlet to win some hardware and the NCAA’s reward was a Thursday game instead of Friday? I realize everyone is emotional after a loss like this, but to debase these players after they exceeded most everyone’s expectations is ridiculous. Iowa won the Big Ten Tournament, why can’t we build on that? Same old garbage from certain posters who believe quantity is quality. If some of you can‘t handle how things roll with the black and gold hit the bricks!
Richmond played the same 4 games in 4 days winning their conference tourney on Sunday.

Richmond's players averaged more minutes today than Iowa's. Your tired legs theory doesn't hold up.

I’m telling people this all day… they looked gassed. The whole team looks like they left it all in Indy last weekend .
Okay, I get that. BUT, WHY? Why are we always the ones searching for an excuse? We were tired, it was the ball. The refs got us. Richmond just played 4 games in the same 4 days and barely won their tourney. Unlike the Oregon game they were not more athletic then Iowa, and yet they made more plays. Other then some timely shooting by Pmac, almost NO ONE played well. Perkins and Joe T were frustrated the whole game. Shot makers didn't make shots. The Murray boys went 0 for 10 or something from three. Sandfort goes 4-4 in the BIG championship, and didn't make anything. Mooney outcoached his old friend from Philly. They closed down the lane and made us make jumpers, and we couldn't, it was that simple.......

Reactions: mstp1992
Bleeder overreacts after both wins and losses.

After we beat Alabama State he was so giddy he created a thread and asked if this year's team was better than last year's team.
This should tell everyone just how mentally unbalanced he is. The guy is just plain and simple an unpleasant, bad company type of person who has mental issues.

You got me there. The physicality of Davidson, VCU, Dayton, and Rhode Island in four days is certainly equal……..
Thanks for agreeing that I got you there. The physicality relative to Richmond's smaller players was equivalent, yes.

Not a good excuse for losing. A good excuse would be something like "Iowa missed wide open jumpers", "Fran played an ineffective JBo 33 minutes against athletic guards", "JBo, Kris, Sandfort, Joe T, and CMac were a combined 5-24 shooting."

If your tired legs theory were the answer then I guess blame Fran for not playing Ulis or Ogundule 1 minute and not distributing minutes more evenly.

In the end, I don't think we were more fatigued than Richmond. Just played one of the worst games of the season.

This is why most Iowa fans hate idiots like you.....At any rate good bye go be a fan of some other team nobody wants tools like you are as Hawk fans!!!

This should tell everyone just how mentally unbalanced he is. The guy is just plain and simple an unpleasant, bad company type of person who has mental issues.
Lol. I’m awesome to be around, you crusty old fart.

And I explained why I and other Iowa fans have had issue with JBo and Connor over the years. The fact you, @Franisdaman, and other PMSing mental midgets have reading comprehension issues is not my problem.

This is why most Iowa fans hate idiots like you.....At any rate good bye go be a fan of some other team nobody wants tools like you are as Hawk fans!!!
Oooooh, look at you, Mr. Super Fan. 😆

All of that and you’re apparently illiterate too. LMAO. Learn how to construct a coherent sentence in English, then maybe we’ll talk.

P.S. I, and many others, couldn’t care less what your opinion is, Super Fan. 😆

Oooooh, look at you, Mr. Super Fan. 😆

All of that and you’re apparently illiterate too. LMAO. Learn how to construct a coherent sentence in English, then maybe we’ll talk.

P.S. I, and many others, couldn’t care less what your opinion is, Super Fan. 😆

You nailed it. If any tool from an opponent signed his shoes and left them on the FT line at CHA, there would be thousands of posts villifying him.

You nailed it. If any tool from an opponent signed his shoes and left them on the FT line at CHA, there would be thousands of posts villifying him.
It was a cringe moment then, now it is just a clown moment now. All part of the self absorbed Jbo career. Karma hit this guy hard yesterday. BTW when we went back to Hilton we lost by 20 with super SR Bohannon "being a leader"... way to put your teammates/future teammates in that environment. Iowa basketball is in a better place moving forward now that Jbo is gone.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
I appreciate what Jbo did on the court, wish he didn't draw so much attention off the court. That said, the entire team looked tired and disinterested, which is no excuse because Richmond had the exact same stretch of games the weekend before. Richmond had the heart and coaching that Iowa didn't have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT