ADVERTISEMENT

Why I and other Iowa fans don’t like JBo (and Connor)…

I never claimed they did. But it might be a microcosm of a larger issue.
I agree with this. The team looked lethargic & uninterested for a good 3/4 of the game. Not being prepared is on your leadership. Instead of a three day Twitter war, preparing for the next biggest game of your life, you would think, would be the top priority. Nothing today suggested that they were prepared.

Reactions: mstp1992
Let me preface this with I hate social media and think it’s absolutely disgusting what people will tweet at players. No matter what, you don’t do that.

With that said, I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a trash player or anything like that. However, his mouth and sense of entitlement will not be missed, as his mouth has too often written a check we all know his ass will never cash.

Consider the following: Last season before the Gonzaga game, JBo did the whole “we’re going to be #1 after playing Gonzaga” public chest thumping. And what did Mr. Bohannon do in the Zags game? Scored two points.

After the BTT championship game this year, Jordan thought the week of the NCAA tournament was the perfect time to make a spectacle of social media. And, how does he perform in the first game of the tournament? Goes 2-8 for a grand total of 6 points. I don’t need to continue.

Is there a correlation between social media and performance? Probably not. At least not directly. But here’s the concern I have: JBo is not the only senior “leader” on the team who has embarrassed himself and the Iowa basketball team on social media, as Connor McCaffrey certainly has done his part to pitch in. Multiple times, I might add, and he’s the coach’s son!

Which ultimately leads to questions about Fran and discipline. Is he doing a good enough job of keeping his guys focused and hungry? I’m genuinely asking. Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

There are many things I like about Fran. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. With that said, his teams’ dud performances in the NCAA tournament are becoming habitual. If it happens once, well, you obviously chalk it up to shit happens. Twice, and you say coincidence. But after the third and how many other times, it starts to become a question of a common denominator. 🤔

I’m not sure where Iowa basketball goes from here. I’ve really enjoyed watching Luka and now Keegan play, but it’s gotten to the point I’m back to my earlier state of indifference. I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable. And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor. And the question still stands: is all of that indicative of a lack of discipline and accountability under Fran? I don’t know. I would like to think not, but at this point, the evidence is what it is.

At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End.

This post might be the most pathetic post I've ever seen on this board (and that's saying something). A (presumably) grown man actually took the time to write a 1000+ word post just so he could rip on a couple 22 year old kids.

I think it's time to find a hobby, buddy.

Thanks for agreeing that I got you there. The physicality relative to Richmond's smaller players was equivalent, yes.

Not a good excuse for losing. A good excuse would be something like "Iowa missed wide open jumpers", "Fran played an ineffective JBo 33 minutes against athletic guards", "JBo, Kris, Sandfort, Joe T, and CMac were a combined 5-24 shooting."

If your tired legs theory were the answer then I guess blame Fran for not playing Ulis or Ogundule 1 minute and not distributing minutes more evenly.

In the end, I don't think we were more fatigued than Richmond. Just played one of the worst games of the season.
Not an excuse, but rather an observation. As I noted, would it have been reasonable for the NCAA to have scheduled Iowa a Friday first round game? I think so. They were already a tournament team, so they did not get in by just winning the tournament. And yes agreed, one of the worst games they played all year. I am just not interested in chalking the loss up to lack of preparation or poor leadership based on Twitter habits. Lack of execution yes, but preparation no.

This post might be the most pathetic post I've ever seen on this board (and that's saying something). A (presumably) grown man actually took the time to write a 1000+ word post just so he could rip on a couple 22 year old kids.

Lol. You haven’t spent much time on here then.

Let me preface this with I hate social media and think it’s absolutely disgusting what people will tweet at players. No matter what, you don’t do that.

With that said, I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a trash player or anything like that. However, his mouth and sense of entitlement will not be missed, as his mouth has too often written a check we all know his ass will never cash.

Consider the following: Last season before the Gonzaga game, JBo did the whole “we’re going to be #1 after playing Gonzaga” public chest thumping. And what did Mr. Bohannon do in the Zags game? Scored two points.

After the BTT championship game this year, Jordan thought the week of the NCAA tournament was the perfect time to make a spectacle of social media. And, how does he perform in the first game of the tournament? Goes 2-8 for a grand total of 6 points. I don’t need to continue.

Is there a correlation between social media and performance? Probably not. At least not directly. But here’s the concern I have: JBo is not the only senior “leader” on the team who has embarrassed himself and the Iowa basketball team on social media, as Connor McCaffrey certainly has done his part to pitch in. Multiple times, I might add, and he’s the coach’s son!

Which ultimately leads to questions about Fran and discipline. Is he doing a good enough job of keeping his guys focused and hungry? I’m genuinely asking. Because from what I’ve read about the game, it leads me to seriously wonder if many of the Iowa players weren’t resting on their laurels a bit, coming off the BTT championship, and approached this game like they could just show up and beat a puny mid-major like Richmond. Again, I’m asking.

There are many things I like about Fran. His strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. With that said, his teams’ dud performances in the NCAA tournament are becoming habitual. If it happens once, well, you obviously chalk it up to shit happens. Twice, and you say coincidence. But after the third and how many other times, it starts to become a question of a common denominator. 🤔

I’m not sure where Iowa basketball goes from here. I’ve really enjoyed watching Luka and now Keegan play, but it’s gotten to the point I’m back to my earlier state of indifference. I just don’t think I care anymore. It’s old and it’s predictable. And at some point, you have to believe there is a reason why this continues to happen, as the behaviors you see Iowa’s senior “leaders” demonstrate time and time again, especially on social media, make connecting the dots a fairly easy endeavor. And the question still stands: is all of that indicative of a lack of discipline and accountability under Fran? I don’t know. I would like to think not, but at this point, the evidence is what it is.

At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End.
You preface this by saying you hate social media and it’s disgusting what people post then proceed to do the same thing.

Reactions: Franisdaman
You preface this by saying you hate social media and it’s disgusting what people post then proceed to do the same thing.
Please explain. I’m genuinely curious why you think what I wrote is as trashy as the tweets people send him. I understand if you don’t like my opinion or disagree with it, that’s part of the fun of bantering on an anonymous message board, but how is what I wrote the “same thing”?

Ah well, maybe we won't be the only 5 seed to go down today. 12 seed New Mexico St is smacking the shit out of UConn. Up by 14 18 to go.
With fans like this, Iowa certainly doesn’t need any enemies. Find another team

Please explain. I’m genuinely curious why you think what I wrote is as trashy as the tweets people send him. I understand if you don’t like my opinion or disagree with it, that’s part of the fun of bantering on an anonymous message board, but how is what I wrote the “same thing”?
If I have to try to explain it to you then it isn’t worth it. You may not have used profane language, but said essentially the same things. I will not discuss it further.

Richmond played the same 4 games in 4 days winning their conference tourney on Sunday.

Richmond's players averaged more minutes today than Iowa's. Your tired legs theory doesn't hold up.
No they did not play the same four games. They played 4 games. Their style is not like ours either where tired legs matter much. They were the better team yesterday.

No they did not play the same four games. They played 4 games. Their style is not like ours either where tired legs matter much. They were the better team yesterday.
Their point guard was the difference in the game. He, apparently, is a player that never gets fatigued. Jbo was bad match up and we had no answer to stop him.

Reactions: Tfxchawk

JBO deserves all the crap he gets from the "twitter revenge tour" he went on last week! He was really bad yesterday. Connor is not a division 1 basketball player. He played 23 minutes yesterday and scored at his average which is 0 points. We could have filled his spot with a player that scored at least 4 points.

"I just don’t think I care anymore." in the middle of an hour long rant about Iowa basketball.
Jbo outing some of those guys, and the awful things they are saying is 1000000% ok with me. Those types of people are awful humans. Awful. If sports get you so worked up that you need to privately tweet kids, or better yet, bash college kids on message boards, you need to really look in the mirror. Every single person on this board was god d**n pissed yesterday. Some still are, but most realize bashing the players as an anonymous grown ass man, helps nothing. You think the players don't know about this board and the things people say? Why do you think CMC and Jbo make those comments? Kenyon is on here all the time. Grow up.

As the great Mike Tyson said "Social Media made you all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

JBO deserves all the crap he gets from the "twitter revenge tour" he went on last week! He was really bad yesterday. Connor is not a division 1 basketball player. He played 23 minutes yesterday and scored at his average which is 0 points. We could have filled his spot with a player that scored at least 4 points.
JBo doesn’t deserve the garbage people tweet at him, but you would have thought he’d have learned a little humility by now, especially after getting KO’d last year.

"I just don’t think I care anymore." in the middle of an hour long rant about Iowa basketball.
Jbo outing some of those guys, and the awful things they are saying is 1000000% ok with me. Those types of people are awful humans. Awful. If sports get you so worked up that you need to privately tweet kids, or better yet, bash college kids on message boards, you need to really look in the mirror. Every single person on this board was god d**n pissed yesterday. Some still are, but most realize bashing the players as an anonymous grown ass man, helps nothing. You think the players don't know about this board and the things people say? Why do you think CMC and Jbo make those comments? Kenyon is on here all the time. Grow up.

As the great Mike Tyson said "Social Media made you all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."
Aren't you the guy who thinks people who punch people are thugs and deserve assault charges?

Funny you enjoy that Tyson quote.

I honestly don’t understand why what I posted is so offensive. My comments were not a knee-jerk response to yesterday’s loss. I have been very consistent in my opinion of JBo and used this week—among others—as an example of why I and others take issue with him, basically in response to those posters who always feel the need to white knight for him whenever he does something good.

As I said in the OP, I don’t think he’s a trash player. But if JBo played for say the Badgers, what would your opinion of JBo be? Mine wouldn’t change.

Oh, and how ironic you quoted Mike Tyson’s remark about getting punched in the face considering whom we’re talking about.

The worst of it is the days of "do something stupid, get punched, learn your lesson" are gone and now everybody wants to get a lawyer involved to have the last word.
Or flash some steel...running the mouth at a bar and getting into fisticuffs outside is a gentleman's quarrel. Lord knows I've been at the end of a couple of good lessons...

The worst of it is the days of "do something stupid, get punched, learn your lesson" are gone and now everybody wants to get a lawyer involved to have the last word.
Yep. See the kid from Oklahoma, Spencer Jones.

It’s absolutely amazing so many Iowa fans are butthurt about my OP but never question JBo’s behavior. Ever. But had he followed in his older brothers’ footsteps and played in Madison, all of them would be saying my OP was too kind.

Reactions: nbanflfactory
I honestly don’t understand why what I posted is so offensive. My comments were not a knee-jerk response to yesterday’s loss. I have been very consistent in my opinion of JBo and used this week—among others—as an example of why I and others take issue with him, basically in response to those posters who always feel the need to white knight for him whenever he does something good.

As I said in the OP, I don’t think he’s a trash player. But if JBo played for say the Badgers, what would your opinion of JBo be? Mine wouldn’t change.

Oh, and how ironic you quoted Mike Tyson’s remark about getting punched in the face considering whom we’re talking about.
Did I like his remarks on social media, no. Did I like when he said that before Gonzaga, no. Did he put his foot in his mouth quite often, yes.

But why say things like this "At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End."
or this:"I am absolutely grateful Jordan Bohannon is finally done at Iowa."

This is where you start showing YOUR character, that's all I'm saying. He wasn't great yesterday, but our whole team stunk. Whether you want to admit it or not though, the last two months were great and he was a reason why. We don't win the BTT without him.

I would bet some of the people sending him that type of crap are posting in this thread. They might even be smart enough to use a burner account but they are doing it.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Jizzer, you see what you want to see. Do you, man.
Let's be clear here. Whiskey condones sucker punching a guy from the side while not looking. Mainly because he is friends with Kron. My point the whole time with Jbo outside the bar, is don't sucker punch someone. Man up, put your fists up and tell Jbo "Let's go". If Jbo backs down, that's on him and pretty embarrassing. If he puts his fists up to fight and gets knocked the f*** out, I'm ok with it.

Hope you feel better now.

• Love
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Did I like his remarks on social media, no. Did I like when he said that before Gonzaga, no. Did he put his foot in his mouth quite often, yes.

But why say things like this "At any rate, goodbye, JBo! As for me, you will not be missed. And please, take Connor with you. The End."

This is where you start showing YOUR character, that's all I'm saying. He wasn't great yesterday, but our whole team stunk. Whether you want to admit it or not though, the last two months were great and he was a reason why. We don't win the BTT without him.
It’s my opinion. I won’t miss JBo. I think it’s great some Iowa fans disagree with that.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Let's be clear here. Whiskey condones sucker punching a guy from the side while not looking. Mainly because he is friends with Kron. My point the whole time with Jbo outside the bar, is don't sucker punch someone. Man up, put your fists up and tell Jbo "Let's go". If Jbo backs down, that's on him and pretty embarrassing. If he puts his fists up to fight and gets knocked the f*** out, I'm ok with it.
I don’t disagree with that. However, I don’t think that absolves JBo of wrong doing.

I don't dispute anything you said here.

I have never met the Kron kid or Jordan bohannon, you continue to use this dumb strawman to take thr focus away from the conversation itself.

When you throw ice at someone and your reaction is to pull your phone out you lose the ability to call it a sucker punch. Take off your black and gold glasses.

As far as "put your fist up", Jordan grabbed his phone, THATS Jordan bohannon.

Reactions: herkyblowz
I have never met the Kron kid or Jordan bohannon, you continue to use this dumb strawman to take thr focus away from the conversation itself.

When you throw ice at someone and your reaction is to pull your phone out you lose the ability to call it a sucker punch. Take off your black and gold glasses.

As far as "put your fist up", Jordan grabbed his phone, THATS Jordan bohannon.
Totally Bohannon. But when you ask someone to go outside, and they put their phone up, they lost. You know it, and the dude who puts his phone up knows it. Now, it's even worse if he puts his phone up to your friend, and you walk up and sucker punch him. No amount of talk can convince me that Kron isn't a POS for this. Hell, if the kid he put his phone up to, slapped the phone out of his hand, then slapped Jbo, I'd be kind of 50/50. But......that's not what happened.

To be fair, one of those "kids" is more like 25 then he is 22, and he's not a kid, at least he shouldn't be anymore. He and his team mates learned another life lesson yesterday.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
JBo doesn’t deserve the garbage people tweet at him, but you would have thought he’d have learned a little humility by now, especially after getting KO’d last year.
I agree. That was not what I was saying. He should not have spent the week trying to get even with people on twitter. He is young, so he should be forgiven but it was a mistake. Life's a dance that you learn as you go and I am sure he will learn and grow and hopefully move on.

Wow, you have two seniors who have given their heart and soul to this program, gone through multiple surgeries with difficult rehab and generally busted their ass' for the Hawkeyes and you just can't wait to kick them while they are down. I can tell that makes you feel really good about yourself.

Nailed it.

Bleeder could not wait to post his 9 paragraphs.

Lol. I’m awesome to be around, you crusty old fart.

And I explained why I and other Iowa fans have had issue with JBo and Connor over the years. The fact you, @Franisdaman, and other PMSing mental midgets have reading comprehension issues is not my problem.

None of us have reading comprehension issues.

But, hey, keep calling us mental midgets and we will keep making fun or your ignorance and stupidity.

Oooooh, look at you, Mr. Super Fan. 😆

All of that and you’re apparently illiterate too. LMAO. Learn how to construct a coherent sentence in English, then maybe we’ll talk.

P.S. I, and many others, couldn’t care less what your opinion is, Super Fan. 😆

and now, after being made a complete fool, are you only left with this crap.

you can't make this stuff up.

and you accuse others of being a mental midget.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT