ADVERTISEMENT

Why Kadyn Proctor flipped from Iowa to Alabama (again)

No...

I'm asking questions...you don't think my own base has many that jump to conclusions on situations like this? According to many in my fan base the only reason, these days, we ever loose a recruit is because of NIL...or our admissions

It's partly true but not the only reasons...

Michigan has not recruited at a truly elite level for a while...we get 10-15 ranked classes and develop them...10-15 makes you pretty good but doesn't win you a NC...UNTIL WE DID THAT

A HUGE part of the has been the portal...we only bring in a few each year but we've gotten out of it... Outland & Rimington winner, multiple All B10 players and guys who propelled us to an NC

My narrative is simple...I saw how a "development program" won the NC...90% of that was culture...hell, our biggest gets were on OL...a position we had super depth...we went went two deep with guys who could start for 90% of P5 guys and brought in more...to make it 3 deep...and the guys who where in line to play still stayed...they even embraced the new guys...THAT IS CULTURE

Stop blaming the kid and start asking why your culture doesn't integrate the new guys

Btw....our fan base thinks Cade is an entitled little btch...thinks even worse of him than you do of KP...do you agree? Do you think fans sometimes overreact maybe?
Do you even listen to yourself? What you are saying is, you bring in top 15 classes, but that is not elite and you have to develop them. That is like saying we bring in sweet 16 caliber basketball classes, but that is not elite. That is saying yeah the playoffs include 12 teams and we bring in "10-15 ranked classes" but we are a developmental program. You realize that once you get within the top 10 of anything in life, the margin of error and therefore the margin of victory is so small that anything can happen. Got a player who had something happen in their personal life, or just does not feel 100% and that could make all the difference in the world. So sorry, I am not impressed that you bring in top 10 classes and "develop" them into a team that can play for the national title. Dude, I do not have boots tall enough for the load you are trying to sell. As for Cade, did you not read what was posted? Not everyone welcomed him with open arms. But he had the mental capacity to say so what, not everyone in life is going to like you, that does not mean you quit a job or a team. He had enough balls to say so what, I am here to compete and make this team better in doing so, anyone who can not handle that is the one who needs to check themselves. Have you ever listened to Brands or any of our wrestlers talk? Mentality comes with a little swagger.

No...

I'm asking questions...you don't think my own base has many that jump to conclusions on situations like this? According to many in my fan base the only reason, these days, we ever loose a recruit is because of NIL...or our admissions

It's partly true but not the only reasons...

Michigan has not recruited at a truly elite level for a while...we get 10-15 ranked classes and develop them...10-15 makes you pretty good but doesn't win you a NC...UNTIL WE DID THAT

A HUGE part of the has been the portal...we only bring in a few each year but we've gotten out of it... Outland & Rimington winner, multiple All B10 players and guys who propelled us to an NC

My narrative is simple...I saw how a "development program" won the NC...90% of that was culture...hell, our biggest gets were on OL...a position we had super depth...we went went two deep with guys who could start for 90% of P5 guys and brought in more...to make it 3 deep...and the guys who where in line to play still stayed...they even embraced the new guys...THAT IS CULTURE

Stop blaming the kid and start asking why your culture doesn't integrate the new guys

Btw....our fan base thinks Cade is an entitled little btch...thinks even worse of him than you do of KP...do you agree? Do you think fans sometimes overreact maybe?
You’re trying way too hard. Iowa has had plenty of transfers come in, and do just fine fitting in with the team. Proctor is simply justifying poor behavior.

**Title: Understanding College NIL: Name, Image, and Likeness**

In recent years, the landscape of college athletics has undergone a significant transformation with the introduction of Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) rights for student-athletes. This groundbreaking change allows college athletes to monetize their personal brands, endorsements, and social media presence while still maintaining their amateur status. In this explanation, we'll delve into the key aspects of college NIL and its implications for student-athletes, universities, and the sports industry as a whole.

**1. Definition of NIL:** NIL refers to the rights that allow college athletes to profit from their own name, image, and likeness. This means that athletes can now earn compensation for endorsements, sponsorships, appearances, and other commercial opportunities without jeopardizing their eligibility to compete in collegiate sports.

**2. Evolution of NIL:** Historically, NCAA regulations prohibited college athletes from receiving compensation beyond scholarships and basic living expenses. However, mounting pressure from athletes, advocates, and lawmakers prompted the NCAA to reconsider its stance on NIL, leading to the implementation of new policies allowing athletes to capitalize on their personal brands.

**3. Opportunities for Student-Athletes:** NIL rights provide student-athletes with unprecedented opportunities to leverage their popularity and talent for financial gain. Athletes can now secure endorsement deals with brands, monetize their social media platforms, and participate in commercial ventures that were previously off-limits. This newfound autonomy empowers athletes to take control of their financial futures and capitalize on their athletic achievements.

**4. Challenges and Considerations:** While NIL presents exciting prospects for student-athletes, it also poses challenges and considerations. Athletes must navigate complex legal and contractual issues, maintain compliance with NCAA regulations, and manage their public image effectively. Additionally, disparities may arise between athletes from high-profile sports programs and those from smaller schools or non-revenue sports, highlighting the need for equitable opportunities and support.

**5. Impact on College Athletics:** The implementation of NIL has sparked widespread debate and speculation regarding its potential impact on college athletics. Some argue that NIL could exacerbate existing inequalities, create distractions for student-athletes, and blur the lines between amateur and professional sports. Conversely, proponents assert that NIL fosters entrepreneurship, incentivizes academic success, and enhances the overall collegiate experience for athletes.

**6. Educational Opportunities:** One overlooked aspect of NIL is its potential to enhance educational opportunities for student-athletes. By participating in endorsement deals and business ventures, athletes gain valuable experience in marketing, negotiation, and financial management, which can complement their academic pursuits and prepare them for post-graduation careers.

**7. Recruiting and Competitive Balance:** The introduction of NIL adds a new dimension to the recruiting landscape and may influence the decisions of prospective student-athletes. Schools with robust marketing resources and opportunities for NIL partnerships may gain a competitive advantage in recruiting top talent, potentially shifting the balance of power within college sports.

**8. Regulatory Framework:** Despite the NCAA's decision to allow NIL, there remains a lack of uniformity in NIL regulations across states and institutions. This patchwork of rules and guidelines creates uncertainty and challenges for athletes, universities, and stakeholders seeking consistency and clarity in the NIL landscape.

**9. Legal and Ethical Considerations:** As NIL continues to evolve, it raises important legal and ethical considerations regarding athlete rights, fair compensation, and the commercialization of amateur sports. Policymakers, athletic administrators, and industry leaders must collaborate to establish clear guidelines and safeguards that protect the interests of all parties involved.

**10. Future Implications:** Looking ahead, the future of college NIL remains fluid and subject to ongoing developments in legislation, litigation, and industry trends. As stakeholders adapt to the changing landscape, it is essential to prioritize the well-being and interests of student-athletes while fostering a competitive and equitable environment that preserves the integrity of collegiate athletics.

In conclusion, college NIL represents a monumental shift in the way we perceive and approach amateur sports. By granting student-athletes the right to monetize their name, image, and likeness, NIL opens doors to new opportunities, challenges, and conversations within the realm of college athletics. As athletes, universities, and policymakers navigate this uncharted territory, it is imperative to uphold the principles of fairness, equity, and integrity while embracing the transformative potential of NIL for the benefit of all involved.

Do you even listen to yourself? What you are saying is, you bring in top 15 classes, but that is not elite and you have to develop them. That is like saying we bring in sweet 16 caliber basketball classes, but that is not elite. That is saying yeah the playoffs include 12 teams and we bring in "10-15 ranked classes" but we are a developmental program. You realize that once you get within the top 10 of anything in life, the margin of error and therefore the margin of victory is so small that anything can happen. Got a player who had something happen in their personal life, or just does not feel 100% and that could make all the difference in the world. So sorry, I am not impressed that you bring in top 10 classes and "develop" them into a team that can play for the national title. Dude, I do not have boots tall enough for the load you are trying to sell. As for Cade, did you not read what was posted? Not everyone welcomed him with open arms. But he had the mental capacity to say so what, not everyone in life is going to like you, that does not mean you quit a job or a team. He had enough balls to say so what, I am here to compete and make this team better in doing so, anyone who can not handle that is the one who needs to check themselves. Have you ever listened to Brands or any of our wrestlers talk? Mentality comes with a little swagger.
Do you live in a bubble? What I said is EXACTLY what the talking heads on ESPN and FOX said after we won the NC. In the playoff (and even BSC) era only teams that had top 5 after top 5 class won it. Teams like Bama, tOSU, LSU, UGA, etc...even when Clemson won they had 2 or 3 top five classes as their core...THAT IS ELITE...not 10-15 with one or two top 100 kids....we had 1 concensus 5* on our team...Bama had something like 17

We broke the mold...it was talked over and over on sports TV and radio...

And with Cade...where else did he have to go after Michigan? He was damaged goods (unfortunately, I actually root for the kid)...KP had many options...why can't you accept that it is possible it was a 50/50 thing...maybe the kid is a bit immature but maybe the way he was treated was toxic also...you want to throw him under the bus but...but..."do you even listen to yourself"...get a grip on reality and understand that there are always two sides to every story...sometime 3 or 4...KP is in your past now...the other side is still there...

Do you live in a bubble? What I said is EXACTLY what the talking heads on ESPN and FOX said after we won the NC. In the playoff (and even BSC) era only teams that had top 5 after top 5 class won it. Teams like Bama, tOSU, LSU, UGA, etc...even when Clemson won they had 2 or 3 top five classes as their core...THAT IS ELITE...not 10-15 with one or two top 100 kids....we had 1 concensus 5* on our team...Bama had something like 17

And with Cade...where else did he have to go after Michigan? He was damaged goods (unfortunately, I actually root for the kid)...KP had many options...why can't you accept that it is possible it was a 50/50 thing...maybe the kid is a bit immature but maybe the way he was treated was toxic also...you want to throw him under the bus but...but..."do you even listen to yourself"...get a grip on reality and understand that there are always two sides to every story...sometime 3 or 4...KP is in your past now...the other side is still there...
Oh, you listen to the people on espn, that explains it. Like I said if Iowa had top 15 classes in football, or basketball, you would see us in the playoffs almost every year. If you and those dumb arses over at espn can't see or count how many times a #10 through 20 has taken down a top 5 then you are the one in a bubble. Happens every week in every sport. Like I said the margin for error and victory is so small once inside the top 15 or so, anything can happen.

KP shit on every single Iowa player with his comments around signing day. He should’ve been prepared to work a little harder on winning his new teammates over, not the other way around. Iowa football didn’t burn Kadyn, he burned them.

Kaleb Brown, Rusty Feth, Nick Jackson, Erick All, Cade….all guys (on both sides of the ball) who came in and embraced the team and its culture.

Oh, you listen to the people on espn, that explains it. Like I said if Iowa had top 15 classes in football, or basketball, you would see us in the playoffs almost every year. If you and those dumb arses over at espn can't see or count how many times a #10 through 20 has taken down a top 5 then you are the one in a bubble. Happens every week in every sport. Like I said the margin for error and victory is so small once inside the top 15 or so, anything can happen.
Oh...so your points are that what experts say, what the statistics are and what happens in a sport that is not FB is irrelevant?

You have no point

The fact is Michigan is the one team in playoff history to win a NC without being a top 5 recruiter...it's called culture. If you want to believe you would have gotten into the playoff every year with our recruits...well don't stop believing bro...there's no way to validate this but it sounds ridiculous

Fwiw...I don't watch ESPN....I clearly said Fox and ESPN...We are a Fox conference and that's what I watch (for sports that is)...I just have gotten a kick out of the youtube stuff posted on my board about what the ESPN talking heads had said leading up to our NC and after...they finally agreed with the Fox guys who would say you're a moron and don't get it

A player I know on the team says KP seemed like he thought he was better than everyone and seemed like a prick. Didn’t make much of an effort to fit in. Others weren’t real excited to take him in. So basically confirming what we all know or thought
Yeah 2 things I’ve heard from someone connected to a good source. First was this. I think he kind of expected his teammates to kiss his ass like the fans and media about his return to Iowa. But as mentioned it wasn’t lost on players especially from his recruiting class what he said after his first decommit.

2nd is attendance to classes wasn’t on par with what KF holds his players to. different from Bama during his first semester there to say the least.

Oh...so your points are that what experts say, what the statistics are and what happens in a sport that is not FB is irrelevant?

You have no point

The fact is Michigan is the one team in playoff history to win a NC without being a top 5 recruiter...it's called culture. If you want to believe you would have gotten into the playoff every year with our recruits...well don't stop believing bro...there's no way to validate this but it sounds ridiculous

Fwiw...I don't watch ESPN....I clearly said Fox and ESPN...We are a Fox conference and that's what I watch (for sports that is)...I just have gotten a kick out of the youtube stuff posted on my board about what the ESPN talking heads had said leading up to our NC and after...they finally agreed with the Fox guys who would say you're a moron and don't get it
Ok dillweed, aren't you late for your 15th vaccination, or have to meet some of those hot women waiting for you in your area? You won 1 game whoopity do da. You base your whole argument on that? Lame. You can cherry pick whatever stat you want, we can do the same, like what other school with middle of the pack recruiting classes has 29 players on NFL rosters?? The answer zero. I mean with top "10-15" recruiting classes Michigan only has 9 more players on NFL rosters. PATHETIC. So get lost when you want to talk about culture. 1696 players in the league and all you can manage is 9 more then middle of the road Iowa?? OSU has 10 more then you. Now figure out the difference in recruiting classes between OSU and MIchigan and then Michigan and IOWA. IOWA culture dominates hands down. SO I am not interested in arguing with someone who does so little with so much. Like I said I am not impressed and certainly am not going to bow down because you finally beat OSU and won a NT.

Ok dillweed, aren't you late for your 15th vaccination, or have to meet some of those hot women waiting for you in your area? You won 1 game whoopity do da. You base your whole argument on that? Lame. You can cherry pick whatever stat you want, we can do the same, like what other school with middle of the pack recruiting classes has 29 players on NFL rosters?? The answer zero. I mean with top "10-15" recruiting classes Michigan only has 9 more players on NFL rosters. PATHETIC. So get lost when you want to talk about culture. 1696 players in the league and all you can manage is 9 more then middle of the road Iowa?? OSU has 10 more then you. Now figure out the difference in recruiting classes between OSU and MIchigan and then Michigan and IOWA. IOWA culture dominates hands down. SO I am not interested in arguing with someone who does so little with so much. Like I said I am not impressed and certainly am not going to bow down because you finally beat OSU and won a NT.
Wtf

Those guys have been just knocking it out of the park lately. None of Iowas starting OL would make the 2 deep at Bama. OL needs all the help it can get.
Agree, but they did show some improvement last year. Which is not saying much as bad as they were. It is so hard to swallow, because they are veteran and we have never seen such a veteran group (no matter the star rating) ever play so poorly. We can have a little hope that they did show improvement and with a new OC, maybe they will shock the world. As was said, it is tough to win the los when the only game planning needed against us was to stack the box. Lester needs to figure out how to burn them over and over for doing that, because they have been doing it for years and that is what they will try next year as well.

You came on our board and started trash talking and your only backup is what espn said about 1 game. About winning 1 NC That is your whole argument about Michigan culture. Why do you think they expanded the playoffs if as you say the only ones who can win it are the top 5 recruiting classes??? Because if you knew anything about sports at all, you would know what I said is true, about the margin for error being so small and that in any given game anything can happen within the top 15. So excuse me for bowing up when you come over here trashing our culture with your non sense.

You came on our board and started trash talking and your only backup is what espn said about 1 game. About winning 1 NC That is your whole argument about Michigan culture. Why do you think they expanded the playoffs if as you say the only ones who can win it are the top 5 recruiting classes??? Because if you knew anything about sports at all, you would know what I said is true, about the margin for error being so small and that in any given game anything can happen within the top 15. So excuse me for bowing up when you come over here trashing our culture with your non sense.
You are a complete dumbass...I didn't say just ESPN...EVERY FRICKEN SPORTS OUTLET SAID IT...stop being dense and enjoy

• Haha
Reactions: hawk224
You are a complete dumbass...I didn't say just ESPN...EVERY FRICKEN SPORTS OUTLET SAID IT...stop being dense and enjoy

Yeah I caught that. You made your ONE POINT to back up your BS argument clear (someone else said). I mean the mere fact that you would start an argument based on what you heard shows your lack of ability to think. Again why don;t you ask these wise people that you are touting. if the only ones who have a chance at winning the NC are the ones who get top 5 recruiting classes, then why expand the playoffs? I mean we already know according to you and them if you do not have top 5 you do not stand a chance. Oh that;s right, culture, so the only chance you have if you do not have top 5 recruiting classes is if you have the best culture in all of college football and that is why you are arguing Michigan has the best culture. I hope to God you do not have a degree, because if you do, you need to go ask for your money back because your lack of thinking skills are for crap.

Yeah I caught that. You made your ONE POINT to back up your BS argument clear (someone else said). I mean the mere fact that you would start an argument based on what you heard shows your lack of ability to think. Again why don;t you ask these wise people that you are touting. if the only ones who have a chance at winning the NC are the ones who get top 5 recruiting classes, then why expand the playoffs? I mean we already know according to you and them if you do not have top 5 you do not stand a chance. Oh that;s right, culture, so the only chance you have if you do not have top 5 recruiting classes is if you have the best culture in all of college football and that is why you are arguing Michigan has the best culture. I hope to God you do not have a degree, because if you do, you need to go ask for your money back because your lack of thinking skills are for crap.
1) I used them to support my argument...I formed it on my own

2) I have a Umich degree (undergrad) and also a MBA

3) Why are you so mad...the playoff was expanded to make more money....not because they think a 12/14 seed can win it

4) Michigan has had a culture the last few years that led us to a NC. A culture that led us to beat teams who recruited better than we did...not once in a blue moon wins but multiple in a short time span (PSU, OSU and BAMA)...I'm assuming you didn't watch the podcast (this is not a contradiction to my point #3, Michigan was the #1 seed because of culture)

5) Your lack of reasoning makes me think you paid good money to what ever trade school you went to...when should I bring in my car to get the oil changed?

1) I used them to support my argument...I formed it on my own

2) I have a Umich degree (undergrad) and also a MBA

3) Why are you so mad...the playoff was expanded to make more money....not because they think a 12/14 seed can win it

4) Michigan has had a culture the last few years that led us to a NC. A culture that led us to beat teams who recruited better than we did...not once in a blue moon wins but multiple in a short time span (PSU, OSU and BAMA)...I'm assuming you didn't watch the podcast (this is not a contradiction to my point #3, Michigan was the #1 seed because of culture)

5) Your lack of reasoning makes me think you paid good money to what ever trade school you went to...when should I bring in my car to get the oil changed?
Yeah because in 2016 a #16 Iowa team took down a #2 Michigan team. So no way anyone thinks a #15 can win against anyone higher. I am done arguing with a trolling tool.

Yeah because in 2016 a #16 Iowa team took down a #2 Michigan team. So no way anyone thinks a #15 can win against anyone higher. I am done arguing with a trolling tool.
You still don't get it...yes, anything can happen in a single game (e.g. "any given saturday/sunday")...doing it 3 weeks in a row? It's not going to happen...period, end of story...I wish you understood how dumb you sound

KP shit on every single Iowa player with his comments around signing day. He should’ve been prepared to work a little harder on winning his new teammates over, not the other way around. Iowa football didn’t burn Kadyn, he burned them.

Kaleb Brown, Rusty Feth, Nick Jackson, Erick All, Cade….all guys (on both sides of the ball) who came in and embraced the team and its culture.
Shat

Even Michigan, with all of it's stars, talked constantly about the culture at Michigan - coaches and players said it in almost every interview I saw. That's how you build a championship team. One or two 5 star guys is not going to win you a championship - but of you give them special treatment it could cost you team chemistry.

The kid is obviously good - he started at Bama. But if he wants special treatment then Iowa isn't the place for him.
There’s special treatment and then there’s giving a player a cold shoulder. I’m not sure what happened in this case but if a majority of players were cold to him, that’s not particularly a winning formula either.

You still don't get it...yes, anything can happen in a single game (e.g. "any given saturday/sunday")...doing it 3 weeks in a row? It's not going to happen...period, end of story...I wish you understood how dumb you sound
So in other words, thank God Michigan did not have to play another game to win the NC. Because everything else aside, and with the fact you admit anything can happen in any given game, and logically it stands to reason that is even more true when playing teams within the top 15, Michigan might not have won the NC. Because as you also admit winning week in and week out against high ranked teams is not going to happen no matter who you are (hence the ranking system being partially based of who you played) . Add it all up and Michigan should count it's lucky stars it won the last NC before the new playoff format AND with the changes in the B10, thank God they only had to play Iowa (with the worst offense in college football) in the B10 championship and not OSU again or they may not have made the playoffs at all. So again, with all due respect, take your "Michigan culture is the greatest and the reason we won the NC" and stick it where the sun does not shine. OH and since we are on the subject of culture. One could say the teams with the lower ranking classes that upset higher ranked teams the most, probably is the one with the best culture. Not going to look it up, but yeah I know Iowa and the Hawks have taken down a few. The most of anyone??? Idk, but they rank right up there.

Last edited:
So in summary...some of this on the kid and some of this is on the program

That's been my point...more than 1 side of the story...never suggested the kid didn't play his part in This doesn’t give us a timeframe, app

There’s special treatment and then there’s giving a player a cold shoulder. I’m not sure what happened in this case but if a majority of players were cold to him, that’s not particularly a winning formula either.
What are we talking about here? Why are parents reaching out to the coaches? Now the parents need special treatment as well?
When I start a job, I don’t expect my colleagues to take every opportunity to make me feel special. They have a job too. I don’t expect my peers to congratulate me for a positive experience I have with a patient. Nor do I quit if my peers don’t make me feel welcome if the first couple months. Why is anyone defending this behavior?

So in other words, thank God Michigan did not have to play another game to win the NC. Because everything else aside, and with the fact you admit anything can happen in any given game, and logically it stands to reason that is even more true when playing teams within the top 15, Michigan might not have won the NC. Because as you also admit winning week in and week out against high ranked teams is not going to happen no matter who you are (hence the ranking system being partially based of who you played) . Add it all up and Michigan should count it's lucky stars it won the last NC before the new playoff format AND with the changes in the B10, thank God they only had to play Iowa in the B10 championship and not OSU again or they may not have made the playoffs at all. So again, with all due respect, take your "Michigan culture is the greatest and the reason we won the NC" and stick it where the sun does not shine.
In its 10th game Michigan goes on the road and beats a top 10 PSU team

In its 12th game Michigan beats a top 5 tOSU

In its 14th game Michigan beats a top 5 Bama

In its 15th game Michigan beats a top 5 UW

That is 3 top 5 wins in 6 games and 4 top 10 wins in those 6...did I mention that one of the other games was against a ranked opponent and the other against a team with a winning record...

It wasn't just one game it was six...stop being obtuse...you have to do more than win one game in short period to win a natty

Word around the coaching clinic was the boy was lazy, didn't want to put in the work expected of Iowa players.
Same out of Bama leading to his portal transfer. Why he has trouble with the coaches. Definitely a diva and if he ever comes close to Wirfs I'll quit drinking moonshine.

Reactions: thunderstruck1
What are we talking about here? Why are parents reaching out to the coaches? Now the parents need special treatment as well?
When I start a job, I don’t expect my colleagues to take every opportunity to make me feel special. They have a job too. I don’t expect my peers to congratulate me for a positive experience I have with a patient. Nor do I quit if my peers don’t make me feel welcome if the first couple months. Why is anyone defending this behavior?
Seriously the whole parents reaching out is a joke and the questions they asked. One why are they asking can’t he be a big boy and do it himself. 2, ask the coaches yourself. 3, ask your teammates. Not like X who he has a good relationship wouldn’t have the answers to these things.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

That is 3 top 5 wins in 6 games and 4 top 10 wins in those 6...did I mention that one of the other games was against a ranked opponent and the other against a team with a winning record...

It wasn't just one game it was six...stop being obtuse...you have to do more than win one game in short period to win a natty
I’m glad Michigan has a good culture, I genuinely mean that. It was cool to have a B10 team be national champions again. But respectfully, there’s something insulting about coming on our board and insinuating that Iowa’s culture wasn’t good enough to keep Proctor around. That goes double when you try and boast about how good Michigan’s culture is. None of us know the full story, I’ll grant you that. But if KF is anything, he’s fair. It sounds like Proctor was looking for everybody to “show him love” when he came home, and especially after he spurned Iowa and the comments he made at the time, he was going to have to earn his spot. From reports at both Bama and Iowa, he’s more in love with being a 5 star recruit than with the work that goes into being a college football player.

I'm not defending Proctor. I have no idea what happened. I was just stating that if a player is getting a cold shoulder, it's not going to endear him to the team. I think culture matters and you want a team that likes each. If a player is a self entitled prick, than they deserve to be treated as such.

• Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I’m glad Michigan has a good culture, I genuinely mean that. It was cool to have a B10 team be national champions again. But respectfully, there’s something insulting about coming on our board and insinuating that Iowa’s culture wasn’t good enough to keep Proctor around. That goes double when you try and boast about how good Michigan’s culture is. None of us know the full story, I’ll grant you that. But if KF is anything, he’s fair. It sounds like Proctor was looking for everybody to “show him love” when he came home, and especially after he spurned Iowa and the comments he made at the time, he was going to have to earn his spot. From reports at both Bama and Iowa, he’s more in love with being a 5 star recruit than with the work that goes into being a college football player.
1) A few posts above is a tweet and video that essentially says EXACTLY what I have been saying

2) I only chimed in when Michigan was brought up by an Iowa poster...I wouldn't have said a word otherwise

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2

You do understand how rankings work right? As the season goes on? PSU ended up 13th. Fact they were 13th when Michigan beat them. PSU's first game they played Utah PSU was ranked 7th and Utah was ranked 10th. Utah ended up not even ranked in the top 25 and was not ranked when Washington played them. Washington also only beat an un-ranked Oregon State by 2 points. I am talking about rankings when season is over and the playoff's roll around, until then they do not mean squat. (I would not think I would have to explain that, yet here we are) So, when we look at things that are not through Michigan colored glasses, Michigan barely got by Bama in the last couple of min. Beat OSU by less then a touchdown and OSU was ranked 10th, so in a 12 team play off, they would have gotten in, but not by much and so you barely beat 2 top 10 teams. Now winning is winning no matter what, but when you win 2 games against top 10 teams by basically 1 play in each game, again you should count your lucky stars.

Last edited:
Yeah, my brother and I were talking about how everything is now in the game and it is getting ruined. We were talking about the lack of team and commitment and I said yeah can you imagine being the GM of an NFL team and trying to wade through it? I mean maybe you have a guy who has the skills, but his commitment and mental fortitude is for crap and he transferred multiple times. How do you think he is going to respond to any adversity when it comes along AND IT WILL COME ALONG. So all the way up the ladder, what is going on in college football changes the way everything is looked at and thought of. I said yeah, I can understand if a coach leaves, because I mean look Phil is a guru when it comes to the secondary and if he recruited me and I decided I wanted to learn under him and then he left, maybe I might want to look for the next best coach. My brother is more of a hard ass then I am and said OH no, when you commit, you commit to a school, that is why it is called committed. He is right, but I feel as though so am I. As for parents?? IDK I guess if you did a good job as a parent, your adult child should be able to go off and do fine without very little other input. I imagine he cried to mom and mom called the coaches is what happened. Which goes back to what I said earlier, boo hoo, these people do not like me or boo hoo I have to work harder now AND REALLY when you look around at what is going on in the country, it is not just college football, it is the way society in general is becoming. Everyone wants everyone else to bend over backwards to accommodate them and at the same time want no responsibility for the crappy choices they make. Nobody is perfect, I have made tons of bad choices in my life, but I own up to it and accept that it is all on me and I try to learn from them.

Last edited:
Ferentz is very respected by NFL GMs and don’t think for one second this won’t impact Kadyn’s draft potential. Classic forest through the trees miss on his part imo.

Lets see how much better Proctor gets at Alabama. If he is lazy and does not work at it as some say, there are plenty of 4-5 stars at Alabama to take his place.

I have no idea of his work ethic.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT