ADVERTISEMENT

Why Nikki Haley polls better against Joe Biden than Donald Trump does

She really is a miserable little weakling. Bows down to Trump, thinks the state should decide women's reproductive rights, talks up China under Trump then pretends she will go after them as president. The GOP class of candidates is one worthless lot.
It's amazing to me that she still is afraid to go after Trump. She is getting her ass kicked in the polls by him and she needs to be more aggressive. Does she want to lose?

It's amazing to me that she still is afraid to go after Trump. She is getting her ass kicked in the polls by him and she needs to be more aggressive. Does she want to lose?
I think she’s actually positioning herself to be the nominee once Trump is in prison. Can’t win the Republican nomination being critical of Orange Jesus.

Reactions: noleclone2
They’re independents and moderates. They hate Donald Trump and have mixed views of Joe Biden’s job performance as president. And they just might help Republicans close a historic gender gap.

Those are the voters who tell pollsters they’d vote for Nikki Haley over Biden. But if the 2024 election is a rematch of 2020, they would back Biden over Trump.

Polls clearly suggest Haley is a stronger general-election candidate than Trump, with Haley leading Biden by 4 points in the latest RealClearPolitics averages while Trump leads the president by 2 points and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis leads by 1 point. Some polls even show Haley with gaudy, double-digit leads over Biden — including a Wall Street Journal pollreleased hours before this column published that showed her a stunning 17 points ahead of Biden (Trump led the president by 4).
A POLITICO analysis of recent polls — and data provided exclusively by Marquette Law School pollster Charles Franklin — shows Trump and Haley would assemble different electoral coalitions in matchups against Biden. And the differences aren’t just a curiosity: They’re undergirding Haley’s case as she seeks an unlikely, come-from-behind victory in the weeks leading up to the first caucuses and primaries.
“I beat Joe Biden by 10 to 13 points” in some of the polls, Haley told Fox News Channel this week, before pressing the electability argument down the ballot: “This is about governorships up and down the ticket. This is about House seats, Senate seats. This is about winning again.”

File that under “no shit.”

But in the GOP primary, file her under “No shot.”

File that under “no shit.”

But in the GOP primary, file her under “No shot.”
Not so sure about that.

Been seeing a lot of attack ads pointed her way. Why waste the $$$ if she isn’t a threat.

Apparently she’s trans friendly and her mentor was Hillary Clinton according to the ads I’ve seen 😂

Not so sure about that.

Been seeing a lot of attack ads pointed her way. Why waste the $$$ if she isn’t a threat.

Apparently she’s trans friendly and her mentor was Hillary Clinton according to the ads I’ve seen 😂

Got money, may as well spend it for bury her.

The odds that Trump is not the GOP candidate is zero.

Exactly. It’s not even going to be close. Bins knows this, even if he believes the MAGA right is a small subset of the party.
As far as I'm aware Biden hasn't campaigned one bit about Haley. While she seems to be making him her central opponent. Polls mean nothing at this stage.

Exactly. It’s not even going to be close. Bins knows this, even if he believes the MAGA right is a small subset of the party.
Misrepresenting what I said once again. The folks I consider part of the “cult” are a small subset. Basically folks that see him as Jesus.

Of course you include everyone that voted for trump in the cult

As far as I'm aware Biden hasn't campaigned one bit about Haley. While she seems to be making him her central opponent. Polls mean nothing at this stage.
Don’t go goldmom on me. The polls show Trump will win big in the caucus and primaries. It’s not even going close.

Misrepresenting what I said once again. The folks I consider part of the “cult” are a small subset. Basically folks that see him as Jesus.

Of course you include everyone that voted for trump in the cult
Yet, not one Republican on this board has denounced the “subset.”

So that's what? 5% of overall Republicans? I mean it's great they say this. But, man, how Trump is running away with the party so easily is the real problem.
Republicans don't listen or take action in their constituents issues. They mainly go by shouting BS and yelling what they want heard, which Trump has easily. The party this year was always Trump's to take.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Wouldn’t they have to get their name on the ballot in all states?
The Dem party is automatically on the ballot. Getting the new person's name on the ballot at a very late date might be tricky.

If someone checks "Biden" after Biden has been replaced, would that vote be tallied for the new person? I'm guessing that won't be a problem, since we are technically voting for Electoral College electors. We elect them and they can vote for the new guy.

Hmm. Some states have "unfaithful voter" laws. I wonder if they could be forced to vote for Biden in those states? I would hope those laws aren't that rigid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT