ADVERTISEMENT

Why not play Padilla in the 4th?

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
I saw a ton of unknown names in late mop up duty on both O and D .. just to show this kid some respect? He’s probably the better player than SP and why in the hell the coaches can’t give him a little bone to showcase his skills once again from last year is basically being spit on the face. SP had a better game by far but yet again the competition was poor even though I hope Nevada wins out :) the rest of their season. If KF And Co feel so called “comfortable” with both QB’s they have shouldn’t Padilla at least get some plays even if it’s handing the ball off for Gods sake.

control-freak-2.jpg

trying to pad SPs stats, didnt help.

Again, the offense will have to average 500+yds a game and have others peter out in order to getnout of the bottom ten.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Thats true. What's his record again? Can't be good with that mentality.
Damn dude. Iowa offense blows. Getting the backup minutes in live action seems a no brainer. But go on, defend the indefensible. Ferentz is stubborn. Currently that trait is in no way admirable. The evidence is piling up. His way has made Iowa respectable with occasionally a top 15 team. I appreciate that. I don't appreciate that those good years always come up short of being truly great. The ole ball coach is fine being close but no cigar. Now he's giving Iowa fans the middle finger. We've had some good years. It's time for the boomer to retire. Those guys only get MORE stubborn with age. This isn't getting any better soon. Being stubborn in this instance is the definition of stupidity. Ask Einstein.

This isn't about QB's. It's about asshatted fans DEMANDING a coach do what those fans want. Mostly because they don't like the coach.
And Kirk is not going to roll over to those fans. He's the coach and doesn't answer to the fans.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
I saw a ton of unknown names in late mop up duty on both O and D .. just to show this kid some respect? He’s probably the better player than SP and why in the hell the coaches can’t give him a little bone to showcase his skills once again from last year is basically being spit on the face. SP had a better game by far but yet again the competition was poor even though I hope Nevada wins out :) the rest of their season. If KF And Co feel so called “comfortable” with both QB’s they have shouldn’t Padilla at least get some plays even if it’s handing the ball off for Gods sake.
Petras needs as many snaps as possible. If Ferentz is totally all in with him then get him as many plays as you can.

Reactions: OwatonnaHawk7
Funny how the stadium was full to start the game. Where were all the people that said they were staying home? I guess they sold their tickets or they showed up.

It was a decent attempt, void of facts, but a decent attempt. You have to go about 30 seconds into this clip to see the empty seats at the start of the game.

Come on man. KF would never make Petras look bad and pull him from the game haha. It is mind blowing that this staff continues to only play one QB and not get backup QB snaps. KF doesnt want any more pressure on him if Padilla or someone else looks great in mop up time.

Come on man. KF would never make Petras look bad and pull him from the game haha. It is mind blowing that this staff continues to only play one QB and not get backup QB snaps. KF doesnt want any more pressure on him if Padilla or someone else looks great in mop up time.
And should Petras get injured, then Padilla gets thrown to the wolves without having taken any game snaps. Brilliant!

Said it in another thread but you all need to remember that these are college kids that work their butts off in practice and year round to be a football player. Kirk not giving the backup a series or two in a blowout win at 1:30 AM, in an empty stadium, with only a few of us watching was just freaking cruel. It's not like it was a big stage where the outstanding play of the backup would make it impossible to go back to the starter. It was a situation where very few were even watching or paying attention. Literally practice reps in a live scrimmage with another team. But nope, no way. How do you even handle that in the QB room watching film the next day? What do you even say? "Sorry kid, you're working hard, I wanted to get you in the game but the opportunity just wasn't there. Keep working hard, maybe next time??????"

It was BS. I wouldn't put up with it if I was one of those QBs. Kids want to play, or at least have a chance of playing, and if they don't get to play they're usually pretty reasonable and understand the reasons why better than we do. I just can't justify it here. You think they want to waste the best years of their football lives languishing away on the bench with zero rewards ever? Yeah, F that.

Pretty sure Iowa, Northwestern and Indiana are the only B1G teams to not play a backup QB during the non conference slate. Northwestern and Indiana both have a non con game left.

Last edited:
Heard from someone that is inside— Alex is entering portal in December. If this guy know it the Kirk know it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT