ADVERTISEMENT

Will Angel Reese, Become the 1st DEI ROY in the History of Professional Sports?

Here_4_a_Day

HB Legend
Jul 15, 2023
I mean think about it, while you lay out the hard facts and figures! Voting for this darling of the media of CC, makes about as much damned sense and voting for marxism for America. Let's discuss rationally and civilly?!?

I’ve been as critical of Reese’s game as anyone, but if she wins the RotY, I won’t complain. She broke the single season rebound record. She’s averaging a double-double.

I personally value CC’s stats and her contribution to her team’s turnaround more, but Angel Reese is setting meaningful records and her winning wouldn’t be DEI.

I’ve been as critical of Reese’s game as anyone, but if she wins the RotY, I won’t complain. She broke the single season rebound record. She’s averaging a double-double.

I personally value CC’s stats and her contribution to her team’s turnaround more, but Angel Reese is setting meaningful records and her winning wouldn’t be DEI.
Like the meaningful number of consecutive losses? 🤣 A viable ROY candidate, should be improving her game every week and pulling her team up with her...........not standing under the basket waiting to catch airballs and piling up the losses!

Like the meaningful number of consecutive losses? 🤣 A viable ROY candidate, should be improving her game every week and pulling her team up with her...........not standing under the basket waiting to catch airballs and piling up the losses!
Aliyah Boston won it last year. Her team finished in the bottom three.

Reactions: WSC72
Does it really make a difference who wins? Really?

#22 has proven herself and got her team into the playoffs. At times when she is playing, she blends right in with her teammates .
Of course it doesn't matter...let China, Iran and hamas win!!!!!!! Libtard so dum.........

The stats favor CC but let's not even factor that in. A novice could watch a game and tell you who is the far better player.

CC elevates her teammates and makes them all better. AR stat pads and does nothing to elevate her teammates.

The fact they let AR shoot the technical the other night shows you the complete lack of focus and dedication to winning by the Sky.

Aliyah Boston won it last year. Her team finished in the bottom three.
And they finished dead last the year before. They improved from 5-31 the year before to 13-27 with Boston. And no other rookie did anything of consequence. Outside of Boston it was an extremely weak draft. I don’t think anyone else even came close to averaging double digit points.

Aside from racial pride, I really don’t understand why this is still a debate. In any other season, Reese has a strong case for ROY. But not this year. She just happened to enter the league the same year as a generational talent.

Clark isn’t just the best rookie this year. She’s arguably the best rookie in the history of the league. Certainly the best since A’ja Wilson in 2018.

Reese is a great rebounder. And that’s it. She can’t run, she can’t dribble, and she can’t shoot. In terms of who is the better all-around player, there is no comparison. In terms of who has had the greater positive effect on their team, there is no comparison. In terms of who has had the greater positive effect on the league in general, there is no comparison.

Look at it this way - if you are the GM of a WNBA team and you are given the opportunity to add either Caitlin Clark or Angel Reese to your team, which one do you choose?

Aside from racial pride, I really don’t understand why this is still a debate. In any other season, Reese has a strong case for ROY. But not this year. She just happened to enter the league the same year as a generational talent.

Clark isn’t just the best rookie this year. She’s arguably the best rookie in the history of the league. Certainly the best since A’ja Wilson in 2018.

Reese is a great rebounder. And that’s it. She can’t run, she can’t dribble, and she can’t shoot. In terms of who is the better all-around player, there is no comparison. In terms of who has had the greater positive effect on their team, there is no comparison. In terms of who has had the greater positive effect on the league in general, there is no comparison.

Look at it this way - if you are the GM of a WNBA team and you are given the opportunity to add either Caitlin Clark or Angel Reese to your team, which one do you choose?
Add to this: The Fever worked hard during the break and Angel looked like she gained 15 pounds and now it shows in their post break outcomes. That's not the behavior/performance "Of the Year" anything puts out.

I think #22 is making a legit case for her being one of the Leagues 10 best players, period. Since her Olympic break, she has elevated her play every game.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Just read an article on the Athletic via the NY Times where the author said it should be Co-ROY. His case was that CC22 has brought the most fans to the game whether at home or away, and to TV as well. His case for AR15 is that, wait for it, she has 4.1 million Instagram followers.

He does go on to say that statistically, it's not close, CC22 is ROY.

No link.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT