ADVERTISEMENT

Will Nebby ever win a Big 10 fball championship in your lifetime.

I'm new here. I'll try to put it in a perspective Cornhusker fans understand. FWIW, back in my day, the only games on TV in the part of Iowa I live were Big 8 games. Nebraska fans, I was absolutley THRILLED at the outcome of the Game of the Century on Thanksgiving Day 1971. Nebraska 35 Oklahoma 31. Jerry Tagge, Johnny Rodgers, Jeff Kinney, Etc., etc. I do confess, I cheered you on for many years. Probably because the Hawkeyes were so bad at that time and well, people like to identify with a winner. You were close, a neighboring state. But Iowa is always #1 in my heart and always will be.
I guess my point is this; Yes, you have an outstanding history. But I'm thinking this thread has proven how far you have fallen. You get into an argument with Hawkeye fans over the most trivial, inane subjects. You argue with fans of a program who is just slightly better than .500 in overall games since 1889, and has an overall losing record in Big Ten games. If insulting Iowa fans, degrading them, calling them names etc. is what you are resorting to, then your program has indeed fallen, and a long, long ways from what it was.

One more shout out from the OP.
7 pages and still lack of votes from the Bugeaters as I predicted but more history, 3-1, etc, etc..
This is awesome.
My favorites are still - Look Wiscky scored again and look Ohio State scored again.
If we keep this going thru the season I'm shooting for classic status.

Sure they did one even had shirts made up. Nebraska's record and the number of "injured" players speaks for itself. Maybe the skirts should go back to the Texas Ten where they can win a football title.

Keep deflecting.

Would you trade your teams and records the last four years for ours? We have more wins in the same division and are also 75% against Iowa yet you say Iowa is better, correct? Answer each question specifically please.

Keep deflecting.

Would you trade your teams and records the last four years for ours? We have more wins in the same division and are also 75% against Iowa yet you say Iowa is better, correct? Answer each question specifically please.

Dude - awesome.
Have you voted?

One more shout out from the OP.
7 pages and still lack of votes from the Bugeaters as I predicted but more history, 3-1, etc, etc..
This is awesome.
My favorites are still - Look Wiscky scored again and look Ohio State scored again.
If we keep this going thru the season I'm shooting for classic status.
So let's get this straight....even the last 4 years are history, so no past victories can be used.
Got it.
Iowa has not surpassed Nebraska in anything in the four years of the B1G, so you rely on big brother programs like Wisconsin and Ohio State to make a point.
Cool.
Prediction - when Nebraska and Iowa line up head to head - Nebraska will win 75% of the time. That is not really a prediction, that has become a reality.

I win again.

For the sake of everyone on this board I pray that 89/91 and big red rules both break their wrist so they can't type or get a major case of carpal tunnel. For gods sake will both of you do us all a favor and just stfu.

Or better yet get a hobby or life while you are at it. Seriously it's like a bunch of first graders arguing but I won't call it that because it would be disrespectful to all the first graders out there who act more appropriately.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
For the sake of everyone on this board I pray that 89/91 and big red rules both break their wrist so they can't type or get a major case of carpal tunnel. For gods sake will both of you do us all a favor and just stfu.

Or better yet get a hobby or life while you are at it. Seriously it's like a bunch of first graders arguing but I won't call it that because it would be disrespectful to all the first graders out there who act more appropriately.

Yep exactly my intention. I mock the behavior of skirt and clone fans by doing exactly as they do.

Will they ever catch on? I doubt it. But with each new day there is fresh hope.

this thread =
070313_SM1082~Cripple-Fight-Posters.jpg

I'm 29 and I'll say yes because I've seen Illinois reach the Rose Bowl recently(2007). All it takes is one transcendent talent and yes I believe Nebraska will have one of those soon.

I also believe Iowa will win one too, the only schools I dont see winning one soon are Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers from the east and Illinois(weird huh?).

I believe the east will dominate at least 70% of the time, but who knows really. All it takes is one great game and heck they might be in something bigger say the playoffs expand.

I'm 29 and I'll say yes because I've seen Illinois reach the Rose Bowl recently(2007). All it takes is one transcendent talent and yes I believe Nebraska will have one of those soon.

I also believe Iowa will win one too, the only schools I dont see winning one soon are Indiana, Purdue, Rutgers from the east and Illinois(weird huh?).

I believe the east will dominate at least 70% of the time, but who knows really. All it takes is one great game and heck they might be in something bigger say the playoffs expand.

Yep even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Don't see Iowa or Nebby winning a B1G title any time soon. No way they recruit well enough to win one and Wisky will continue to be the top dog in the West though that is not saying a lot.

Nebraska can and will win the BIG at some point. Except for 2 and possibly 3 horrible coaching hires since TO retired they would still be among the elite right now. I hope CMR works out and maybe he will, but my question is how was how chosen. It's like his name was picked out of a hat.

Recruiting has changed. Nebby will be good again. Nebby will eventually win a B1G. They will on occasion be among the elite. Never to the extent of past years however.

Sure they did one even had shirts made up. Nebraska's record and the number of "injured" players speaks for itself. Maybe the skirts should go back to the Texas Ten where they can win a football title.
Nebraska hadn't won a Texas Ten conference title since 1999.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT