ADVERTISEMENT

Will Nebby ever win a Big 10 fball championship in your lifetime.

I don't disagree with most of your points, per se. But the question was whether NE can win a B1G title in our lifetimes. I just think its difficult to say that about any team over a generation of time. What B1G team has NEVER went to the Rose Bowl?

Off-hand, I'd say Maryland and Rutgers. Other than that, pretty sure every other conference team has played. Nebraska has played there more recently than Iowa (2001 season, 2002 Rose Bowl).

A huge part of the RRS is to give Okies a recruiting spotlight in Texas each year. It is of great benefit to them in that sense. I see no benefit to Iowa or Nebraska by doing something similar in KC. Having the games at the schools is where it's at for me.

As far as the OP: Of course Nebraska will win a conference trophy. So will Iowa. I think it will come in the next decade for Nebraska. Hopefully sooner. For Iowa I don't know, I don't know enough about your team to make such predictions.

I DO hope that both teams improve a LOT. I like the idea of being rivals across the river. This could be fun.

One problem with the on-campus games is it's Thanksgiving weekend. I would guess the lion's share of students go home that weekend. Pretty hard to come back on that day, travel-wise.

while I don't understand the need for nebraska fans to scour the internet for anything that disparages anything husker and pounce to defend the big red scurge, it is pretty sad that the two biggest threads on the front page of the forum is centered around teams other than the Hawks......

Haha. Welcome to one of the craziest threads I've ever been a part of. This thing has changed direction more than Barry Sanders in the backfield. DogBoyRy has tried to get this thread back to the OP many times. I'm enjoying this thread. It's taking away from how nervous I am about our first game. Sharp and Benning (Omaha radio) had a pretty good chat about Iowa yesterday. Benning thinks this can be a great year for KF to silence the critics. I like your QB a lot. He's gonna do some great things back there. #GBR

I've given up. My new goal is to get to 6 pages with at least a dozen Bugeater trolls who will respond more than 4 times without voting. I think it's in the bag...

Reactions: GBR_Atlanta
I've given up. My new goal is to get to 6 pages with at least a dozen Bugeater trolls who will respond more than 4 times without voting. I think it's in the bag...

Of course you win. It is the same with isu fans, they just can't help it.

iowa-bounces-off-tackle-for-touchdown-best-college-football-gifs-2013.gif
3-1

I voted back on page 1. But I am responsible for it going off topic once. My bad, was great discussion though!

You guys play your little game of iowa and nebraska in the final game. Good luck to both of you.

Minnesota and Wisconsin is always going to be for the West title. A sleeping giant has awakened in case you didn't notice.

Huge shout out to all those here.
WE DID IT!
Special thanks to the Bugeaters who made this possible.

Glad to see we are living rent free in the minds of the io_a ha_keyes. Feels good.

Actually each time skirt fans ignore that Nebraska can't win the Big Ten football title I win.

But don't stop now we want more. We want more. We want more.

3-1 - Hawkeye logic of winning

My how the once mighty have fallen. Skirt fans talked about how they were going to dominate the Big Ten in football and now all they have is a 3-1 record against Iowa.

Maybe th wimps should go back to the Texas Ten.

Actually each time skirt fans ignore that Nebraska can't win the Big Ten football title I win.

But don't stop now we want more. We want more. We want more.

I remember that catch phrase "we want more, we want more" on the old Rivalry/Smack Talk boards that were on the old Iowa rivals site. Your old username/handle escapes me though.......

My how the once mighty have fallen. Skirt fans talked about how they were going to dominate the Big Ten in football and now all they have is a 3-1 record against Iowa.

Maybe th wimps should go back to the Texas Ten.
3-1 - Hawkeye fans said they would dominate and they have using Hawkeye logic. 3-1 - soon to be 4-1.

3-1 - Hawkeye fans said they would dominate and they have using Hawkeye logic. 3-1 - soon to be 4-1.

Down goes another wimpy skirt football player. They should go back to the Texas Ten where they can win a football conference championship.

plagiarisng Northwestern fans.....NICE

Down goes another skirt player. Northwestern? Naw on our last trip to Lincoln skirt players were dropping left and right.

Maybe the wimps should go back to where they don't get physically manhandled and can win a football conference championship. That sure isn't the case for Nebraska in the Big Ten.

I realize you boys are having fun ad nauseam, but I hope regular forum participants, and more so the infrequent viewers, recognize that a significant percentage of forum posters do not represent the fan base as a whole, neither in the volume or quality of their posts. That goes for all message boards. The original post in this thread calls for pure speculation. Nobody has a crystal ball, and this thread got ridiculous several days ago. Carry on if you must to satisfy some primitive need. I get it. Go Hawks.
Hawkeye fan since 1960. Alum.

Down goes another skirt player. Northwestern? Naw on our last trip to Lincoln skirt players were dropping left and right.

Maybe the wimps should go back to where they don't get physically manhandled and can win a football conference championship. That sure isn't the case for Nebraska in the Big Ten.
3-1

Laffy. Not representative is correct with respect to myself, and likely most everyone else.

ok ok ok already !
I'm mid 60's, a cancer survivor, overweight, but in reasonably good health.
I give the CornChops a 50% chance of winning a B1G FB Title in MY remaining lifetime, given the current league structure.
They will in some year combine a favorable schedule, stay healthy, have some academically challenged stud jucos and other recruits remain eligible, win the West, and then defeat the East Division favorite in a title game with very fortunate turnovers and questionable officiating.
The Big Red Fanatics, who by the way will have had no impact on the season other than cheering, will go bonkers with how good and tough 'THEY' are.
I would give our beloved Hawkeyes about the same odds. Hope i'm wrong on that.
There you have it. Yours truly - gnarlyboy. God Bless America. Amen.

ok ok ok already !
I'm mid 60's, a cancer survivor, overweight, but in reasonably good health.
I give the CornChops a 50% chance of winning a B1G FB Title in MY remaining lifetime, given the current league structure.
They will in some year combine a favorable schedule, stay healthy, have some academically challenged stud jucos and other recruits remain eligible, win the West, and then defeat the East Division favorite in a title game with very fortunate turnovers and questionable officiating.
The Big Red Fanatics, who by the way will have had no impact on the season other than cheering, will go bonkers with how good and tough 'THEY' are.
I would give our beloved Hawkeyes about the same odds. Hope i'm wrong on that.
There you have it. Yours truly - gnarlyboy. God Bless America. Amen.

The wimps should go back to the Texas Ten so they can win a football conference championship again. The Big Ten is clearly just too tough for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT