ADVERTISEMENT

Will Trump's muslim ban be lifted?

soybean

HR King
Sep 30, 2001
I'm starting to wonder if Trump might not decide to lift his muslim ban before its announced course. It will occur to someone in the White House that it would look bad to have the muslim ban in effect at the same time he lifts the sanctions on behalf of Vlad Putin.

I don't think Trump cares about optics. In fact, if he does care he does it is to be as flagrantly obvious as possible and challenge anyone to stand up to him. We're starting to see signs from Democrats though that they are finally getting the message. However, it needs to be a few Republicans that do it.

I doubt he will lift it, although they have been walking back lots of stuff so far. Anyway, I noticed this is not about religion according to trump and his advisors and what he/they have said. Then trump went on to say we will give priority consideration to Christians. Nope, it's not about religion.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Actually Muslims being persecuted in Hindu or Christian Countries would also get special status. You have to the minority religion in a country for this protection.

I'm starting to wonder if Trump might not decide to lift his muslim ban before its announced course. It will occur to someone in the White House that it would look bad to have the muslim ban in effect at the same time he lifts the sanctions on behalf of Vlad Putin.
Are you people freaking morons. What muslim ban? Thousands of muslims are entering the US every day. Did muslims get banned from Indonesia, from India? What the hell are you talking about?

He won't lift it because it will portray that he made a mistake. He's too proud to admit he is/was wrong.

There is no muslim ban. More hyperbole from the left and you wonder why you lost.

He won't lift it because it will portray that he made a mistake. He's too proud to admit he is/was wrong.
It wasn't a mistake and it wasn't what people such as yourself portrayed it to be. It's not a muslim ban. That is just pure liberal hyperbole.

You guys lose, because all you do is whine and lie.

It wasn't a mistake and it wasn't what people such as yourself portrayed it to be. It's not a muslim ban. That is just pure liberal hyperbole.

You guys lose, because all you do is whine and lie.
If it wasn't a mistake... why all the underlings publicly making "clarifications" of the details?
You are a fool.
Fact is that this President is making knee jerk decisions without much consideration. That says that he's either listening to unqualified advisers or he's making solo rulings and not consulting people with more knowledge of an issue.
This entire last 10 days has been a series of misguided EOs and it's nothing more than an ego trip for him.
The luster will wear off pretty soon, and lambs like you hopefully realize this sooner rather than later.

If it wasn't a mistake... why all the underlings publicly making "clarifications" of the details?
You are a fool.
Fact is that this President is making knee jerk decisions without much consideration. That says that he's either listening to unqualified advisers or he's making solo rulings and not consulting people with more knowledge of an issue.
This entire last 10 days has been a series of misguided EOs and it's nothing more than an ego trip for him.
The luster will wear off pretty soon, and lambs like you hopefully realize this sooner rather than later.
No, that was hardly a knee jerk reaction. She publicly decried and went directly against the WH. ANYONE would have been fired for the same. This isn't the Walmart, this is the White House.

She wasn't in line with their goals and policies and she removed herself. She knew what she was doing, spoke her piece and lost her job.

That's that.

16298458_590267401159259_4219479215022356404_n.png

The order signed by Donald Trump amounts to a Muslim travel ban.

REALITY: It's not a religion ban, it's a region ban.
• 90% of Muslims in the world are still allowed to travel to the United States.
• None of the 5 most populous Muslim nations are included in the order.
• Only 1 of the top 10 most populous Muslim nations is on the list.
• ALL people in the 7 affected countries, not just Muslims, are included in the travel ban. The order does not single out (or even mention) Islam or Muslims.
• The order is not a ban, but a temporary halt lasting 90 days, while Homeland Security strengthens its immigration vetting process.

The 7 countries were chosen because the Obama Administration had banned all citizens from (and even past visitors to) these countries from the Visa Waiver Program, citing high levels of terrorist activity in them.

SOURCES: http://www.muslimpopulation.com
http://www.pewforum.org/…/pf_15-04-02_projections…/download/
https://www.dhs.gov/…/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrict…
https://assets.documentcloud.org/…/3…/Extreme-Vetting-EO.pdf

Reactions: HawktimusPrime

• ALL people in the 7 affected countries, not just Muslims, are included in the travel ban. The order does not single out (or even mention) Islam or Muslims.
• The order is not a ban, but a temporary halt lasting 90 days, while Homeland Security strengthens its immigration vetting process.

The 7 countries were chosen because the Obama Administration had banned all citizens from (and even past visitors to) these countries from the Visa Waiver Program, citing high levels of terrorist activity in them.

Unfortunately, the MSM is showing it's real colors day in and day out. They have been on a lying rampage ever since Trump won.

What is funny, is that the MSM, the MIC, Wall Street, etc. have all been against Trump and yet they for some reason are angry with Trump.

Funny how those belonging to the "party of facts" stays silent when the actual facts come out and it doesn't fit their bs narrative. If Trump does nothing else but expose the bullshit of the left thru stuff like this, it will be a successful term.

Reactions: Vroom_C14
I was actually hesitant to call it a Muslim ban, then I saw Rudy Giuliani try to explain how it wasn't a Muslim ban.

It's a "legal" watered down version of a full-on Muslim ban. Based on the history Giuliani gave, we can see that Trump's entire goal was to appeal to his moronic supporters.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I was actually hesitant to call it a Muslim ban, then I saw Rudy Giuliani try to explain how it wasn't a Muslim ban.

It's a "legal" watered down version of a full-on Muslim ban. Based on the history Giuliani gave, we can see that Trump's entire goal was to appeal to his moronic supporters.
Are you really this bleeping stupid? You realize there are Muslims coming in every single day from dozens of other countries right?

Reactions: Vroom_C14
Are you really this bleeping stupid? You realize there are Muslims coming in every single day from dozens of other countries right?

Let's recap. Trump asked, "How do we do a Muslim ban and make it legal?" This travel ban on seven countries is what they came up with.

It didn't start with, "We have significant worries about travelers from these seven countries". It started with "How extreme can we get with banning Muslims, and how can we manipulate the rationale so that it survives the courts?"

Trump did it to appeal to his bigoted supporters. There's no way around that. If you voted for him, this is your fault.

What muslim ban? That would be unconstitutional. The DOJ Office of Legal Counsel would never have signed off on a "muslim ban".

Let's recap. Trump asked, "How do we do a Muslim ban and make it legal?" This travel ban on seven countries is what they came up with.

It didn't start with, "We have significant worries about travelers from these seven countries". It started with "How extreme can we get with banning Muslims, and how can we manipulate the rationale so that it survives the courts?"

Trump did it to appeal to his bigoted supporters. There's no way around that. If you voted for him, this is your fault.

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Trump: "I want a muslim ban" (let's assume worst case intent).
DOJ: "You can't do a muslim ban. It's unconstitutional".
Trump: "Well, what can I do to keep radical islamic terrorists from getting into America?. And you'd better tell me or I'll fire you all."
DOJ: "You can't fire us, sir"
Trump: "Oh"
DOJ: "Getting back to your EO, sir, it can be targeted on geography and/or known bad actors (individuals). It cannot be based on religion or some other personal characteristic, like race, gender or sexual orientation. And it's probably a good idea to limit the geography to places deemed to be of high risk by the intel community and the NSC, etc."
Trump: "Oh, that's fine. I just want to keep bad actors out. How about we go with the 7 countries from the Obama list?"
DOJ: "That would be legal."
Trump: "Perfect! Thanks for your help!"
DOJ: "You're welcome, Mr. President"
Trump: "Hey, are you sure I can't do more?" (Again, assuming some overly zealous intent)
DOJ: "Perhaps you could add a few other countries, but it might not be as black and white from a legal perspective."
Trump: "OK".

So here we are.

Screwed up: Not excluding green card and visa holders from the EO, which I believe has been straightened out as of Sunday (?)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the MSM is showing it's real colors day in and day out. They have been on a lying rampage ever since Trump won.

What is funny, is that the MSM, the MIC, Wall Street, etc. have all been against Trump and yet they for some reason are angry with Trump.

Well for wanting to ban muslims he did a horrible job at it as 90% of muslims are from countries NOT on the list... nice try though.

Reactions: HawktimusPrime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT