ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wisconsin's Success Change Their Recruiting Philosophy?

frydaze

HB Legend
Nov 25, 2001
Just curious. Wisconsin has made two Final Fours in a row and tonight plays for the title game. They have now received lots of national exposure since their Final Four a year ago and now all of this year essentially, and a crescendo by playing in tonight's title game. They played in, and won the game, in the most highly watched tourney game in several years on Saturday night.

Bo Ryan has won by recruiting solid basketball players and then developing them greatly. He's signed few, maybe none, sure fire NBA talented kids coming from high school. Seems like he's maybe wanted to stay away from potential big ego kids.

Does this change to some degree now? I am sure there are now several top talented kids in America (top 25 or 50 rated nationally) that will seriously consider Wisconsin. In fact, I see Ryan was in deep on a 5-star high school junior and considered the leader until that kid just chose Maryland a week ago. Is that a sign that Ryan is now going to look at recruiting different? Coach K at Duke decided to adopt Calipari's strategy of taking one-and-done kids from h.s. so anything is possible I suppose.

Thoughts?

This post was edited on 4/6 7:11 PM by frydaze

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News