ADVERTISEMENT

Will You Buy Truth Social Stock to Help Trump?

Will you buy Truth Social to help Trump?

• I was going to buy some, but if it helps Trump, forget about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
As the Forbes guy on PBS Newshour said, if an ordinary person donates to Trump's campaign, he helps Trump but he gets nothing back. It's just money gone. Whereas if you buy Truth Social, you help Trump and you also own something. Even if the Truth Social stock goes down, it's better than donating and, who knows, it might even go up.

As the Forbes guy on PBS Newshour said, if an ordinary person donates to Trump's campaign, he helps Trump but he gets nothing back. It's just money gone. Whereas if you buy Truth Social, you help Trump and you also own something. Even if the Truth Social stock goes down, it's better than donating and, who knows, it might even go up.
If you're buying that speculative crap, I hope you sell it soon. Just read an article where they foresee a 95% drop in the stock price in the coming 6 months. Better buy and sell.

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

If you're buying that speculative crap, I hope you sell it soon. Just read an article where they foresee a 95% drop in the stock price in the coming 6 months. Better buy and sell.
I'm certainly not buying any. But if I were a Trump guy, I might be persuaded by the Forbes argument.

As far as I know there's nothing illegal about contributing to Trump's campaign this way - since, technically, you aren't contributing to his campaign. But the potential for abuse is glaringly obvious.

I can't wait to see how other politicians and their supporters play this game for profit and power.

I'm certainly not buying any. But if I were a Trump guy, I might be persuaded by the Forbes argument.

As far as I know there's nothing illegal about contributing to Trump's campaign this way - since, technically, you aren't contributing to his campaign. But the potential for abuse is glaringly obvious.

I can't wait to see how other politicians and their supporters play this game for profit and power.
I bought ketchup to support John Kerry. So I’m not above this kind of thing.

The Forbes guy said that there are restrictions on how soon Trump can sell his shares, and also restrictions on using his shares as collateral for loans.

If you don't like Trump, you hope the crash comes before he can cash in. Because otherwise he has $5 billion to throw around.

I wonder how long those restrictions are in place. If we are just talking a few months, then he'll have billions to put into his election. Even the Koch brothers weren't willing to go that far.

I bought 2 shares when I heard about the merger on Friday. Up $50 already. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I want this stock to keep rising. I want the Trumpers blowing their extra money on this. Every last dollar they spend on this is a dollar they won't spend on his campaign. Then when it craters they'll be left holding the bag. Flame on!

I heard today that the restriction on Trump cashing in his share extends for 6 months. Meaning he can sell with plenty of time before the election.

They didn't mention whether the restriction on borrowing against his shares also lasts for 6 months. Anyone know?

Point being that this Tulip Mania scam for funneling billions of dollars to Trump absolutely helps him in time to buy the election. And yet, somehow, it's legal.

I heard today that the restriction on Trump cashing in his share extends for 6 months. Meaning he can sell with plenty of time before the election.

They didn't mention whether the restriction on borrowing against his shares also lasts for 6 months. Anyone know?

Point being that this Tulip Mania scam for funneling billions of dollars to Trump absolutely helps him in time to buy the election. And yet, somehow, it's legal.

No way Trump uses his own money.

No way Trump uses his own money.
You forget what power he will have and grab when he wins. Imagine the kickbacks when nobody is left to stop him privatizing US assets to benefit his friends. Like Yeltsin did, for example, after the fall of the USSR.

This may be Trump's money in the sense that he owns the stock, but that stock won't keep its value if he sits on it. So spending it - or, better yet, borrowing against it - isn't really like spending his own money. It's leveraging assets to gain power and more money. If/when the stock crashes, he can always declare bankruptcy on the loans he took out against the stock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT