ADVERTISEMENT

Windmills in Iowa

One had a couple wings break in Adair county here last couple days, one snapped off. We have the chance to build some here now. They have gone up all around us in every county we have farm.

Also, almost all of you are wrong with your “facts” lol. This board has just gone to shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
You continue to speak out of your ass. When you live in an area of pitch black, those put out a ton of light pollution.
No; they do not.

Rode past plenty of them in back-woods Iowa on RAGBRAI back in the day. They are pitch-black, except for the red blinking light for aircraft. They do make a noticeable hum when you are close to them.

The light pollution you see is from farms and cities, Cletus. Not windmills.

No; they do not.

Rode past plenty of them in back-woods Iowa on RAGBRAI back in the day. They are pitch-black, except for the red blinking light for aircraft. They do make a noticeable hum when you are close to them.

The light pollution you see is from farms and cities, Cletus. Not windmills.
Ooooo... you rode past them.... that makes all the difference.....

You stupid scunt, I see them everyday and every night.

I'm from N Henry County originally. I manage farms with turbines.

1. They do seem to make some people sick that are highly sensitive.
2. I hate dealing with the companies.
3. Not sure why anyone would ever sign one of the contracts.
4. The concrete is never coming out of the ground and it is massive.
5. The wires are likely never coming out.
6. Everything is about the contract. Your land could be held for non payment by the lender to the turbine company.
7. The tech will change massively in 20/40 years.
8. Oft they require the owner to co insure the turbine company
9. These things do fall down.
10. The construction does awful things to soil
11. N Henry Co has some of the best land anywhere. Why take great farmland out of production.
12. Your sunsets/sunrises will never be the same.
13. I manage farms near their IL turbines. Just don't do it.
14. Your taxes will go up (property)
15. You might screw up your estate plans.
16. The companies are whores.

Last edited:
9a35fee4c3210dd13351c3338b83a379.jpg

6. Everything is about the contract. Your land could be held for non payment by the lender to the turbine company.
11. N Henry Co has some of the best land anywhere. Why take great farmland out of production.
16. They companies are whores.
North Henry. Which town?

North Henry. Which town?
I've had landowners want them even after trying to talk them out of it. But I try. It really does make me sick to see what happens to the land during construction. Some of the land in N Henry county if properly drained could be having 300 bu/acre of corn if the soil is taken care of (no compaction). It will have the hell pounded out of it. I managed a class B farm that whether permitting we are thinking 300 this year. Been close.

I've had landowners want them even after trying to talk them out of it. But I try. It really does make me sick to see what happens to the land during construction. Some of the land in N Henry county if properly drained could be having 300 bu/acre of corn if the soil is taken care of (no compaction). It will have the hell pounded out of it. I managed a class B farm that whether permitting we are thinking 300 this year. Been close.
Great soil for sure.

16. The companies are whores.
Bunch of bullshit here.

No, there is more coming out about a small percentage of people who are highly sensitive to sounds and other things like emf's. I wouldn't believe it either if I wasn't married to one and it does show up on certain genes. One of my kids got that too. Since it is a small subset, it tends to get dismissed. I bought a meter and when we stay at a place I can measure certain things and can tell even before I do it what the reading will be.

I also know people (myself) that can locate water lines and gas lines with 2 wires. No explanation for it is known, but it works. Used to do it for a telephone company burying cables.
Bunch of bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
No, there is more coming out about a small percentage of people who are highly sensitive to sounds and other things like emf's. I wouldn't believe it either if I wasn't married to one and it does show up on certain genes. One of my kids got that too. Since it is a small subset, it tends to get dismissed. I bought a meter and when we stay at a place I can measure certain things and can tell even before I do it what the reading will be.

I also know people (myself) that can locate water lines and gas lines with 2 wires. No explanation for it is known, but it works. Used to do it for a telephone company burying cables.

Dowsing isn't real man. Literally one of the oldest grifts in the book.

When was the last time you drove to a place that had almost zero light pollution and looked at the stars?

The night sky is one of my favorite parts about living in the country, I'd be pissed if one of these were in my neighbors yard.
You should go to a country that is under developed. Ukraine when not at war has astonishing nighttime skies. Flying over what used to be the iron curtain is just like what Clancy depicted in Red Storm Rising.

Well you better save your lotto winnings because you are responsible for disposing of that giant eyesore once they start to fall apart and they are no longer being used.

Can’t imagine it’s very cheap to get rid of that thing.

That’s what I have heard anyway. Maybe that has changed the last few years
lol, fvcking moron

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT