ADVERTISEMENT

Windmills in Iowa

I'm from N Henry County originally. I manage farms with turbines.

1. They do seem to make some people sick that are highly sensitive. Bullshit
2. I hate dealing with the companies. No one cares
3. Not sure why anyone would ever sign one of the contracts. Money
4. The concrete is never coming out of the ground and it is massive. ok
5. The wires are likely never coming out. ok
6. Everything is about the contract. Your land could be held for non payment by the lender to the turbine company.
7. The tech will change massively in 20/40 years. of course
8. Oft they require the owner to co insure the turbine company: they don't
9. These things do fall down. deep
10. The construction does awful things to soil: How so?
11. N Henry Co has some of the best land anywhere. Why take great farmland out of production. minimal land area impact
12. Your sunsets/sunrises will never be the same. What?
13. I manage farms near their IL turbines. Just don't do it. ok
14. Your taxes will go up (property): n/a
15. You might screw up your estate plans: n/a
16. The companies are whores. of course: of course

Reactions: Joes Place
I have you complaining about not being able to see the stars.
Which is due to actual light pollution, not warning lights on windmills.

And, by your own admission, you have to walk "300 yards" to even see them.
Why do you feel the need to lie to push your beliefs Joe? Like why even use direct quotes there? You had nothing to gain.

Solar>>>>>>>>>>>wind turbines
8kn1ts.jpg

• Haha
Do you think that windmills or nitrate run-offs have a more negative impact on Iowa’s outdoors?
Nitrate runoff is a huge issue for sure. It should be required to have grass buffers from the field to a water source.

But I don’t want multiple 650ft tall windmills within a mile Radius of my house either.

I was noticing the number of signs in people’s yards against the windmills while driving around town. I haven’t seen a Yes sign yet

Here is an article from
Back in January when They had the first meeting.

“RWE is proposing 50-90 turbines in the northern part of the county. Each individual turbine is 650ft at the top of their revolution. Noise pollution is one common issue that has been raised in these discussions. For those a quarter of a mile away, the turbine noise can be likened to that of a constant refrigerator hum. Standing under the turbine at ground level will sound more like a jet plane taking off.”

Looks like I will hear refrigerators 24 hours a day

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
This article is a few years old, but it claims that Iowa gets the highest % of it's total electricity needs from wind power at 58%. It seems to me that's a very good thing.

But I don't have to live next to one.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
If that view includes a neighboring farmers land, why do you get a say in what’s on that land? If that farmer said his view was ruined by your new pole barn should he have a say?
My pole barn doesn’t require a vote of approval from the county supervisors. My barn also doesn’t make noise or cause a shutter effect

This article is a few years old, but it claims that Iowa gets the highest % of it's total electricity needs from wind power at 58%. It seems to me that's a very good thing.

But I don't have to live next to one.

And, the reality is that they are a "temporary" solution to our energy problem, until better options come online. Maybe 50 yrs or so.

A far better intermediate solution than burning more fossil fuels and ruining Iowa's climate for growing corn.
Google up the "100th Meridian" and its eastward movement if you need a refresher on that.

You continue to speak out of your ass. When you live in an area of pitch black, those put out a ton of light pollution.

Spend some time off concrete and you might start to appreciate what it is I'm speaking of.
One of the things I like about visiting St George Island is they do a great job policing light pollution (for the turtles).
There’s nowhere else in Florida I have looked at the sky and see the Milky Way.
We live out on the east side of town, and an 800 acre park abuts my property on the east. We can ride a mile back into the woods, over the hill, and the light pollution from the city really can’t be escaped.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Nitrate runoff is a huge issue for sure. It should be required to have grass buffers from the field to a water source.

But I don’t want multiple 650ft tall windmills within a mile Radius of my house either.

I was noticing the number of signs in people’s yards against the windmills while driving around town. I haven’t seen a Yes sign yet
I don’t want semi trucks running up and didn’t the street outside my home either but…things are tough all over for all of us.

Here is an article from
Back in January when They had the first meeting.

“RWE is proposing 50-90 turbines in the northern part of the county. Each individual turbine is 650ft at the top of their revolution. Noise pollution is one common issue that has been raised in these discussions. For those a quarter of a mile away, the turbine noise can be likened to that of a constant refrigerator hum. Standing under the turbine at ground level will sound more like a jet plane taking off.”

Looks like I will hear refrigerators 24 hours a day

I'm sure it's that loud. 🤣

Standing under the turbine at ground level will sound more like a jet plane taking off.”
First, they want to take away the meth from the hillbillies, now the common practice of standing under windmills is going to cause hearing loss?!?! Thanks Obama.

• Haha
I posted your comment on "seeing the stars", bro. Why the need to backtrack now?
You lied Joe, and for someone who claims to be intelligent I would encourage you to consider how your reputation of being correct can be offset for your need to lie to support your beliefs.

I used quotes for the CONTEXT of what you said.

And you are bullshitting when you claim the windmills impact your view of the stars.
You don't use direct quotes for context small brain. You attempted to put words in my mouth to fit an agenda because you rode a bike one time. You are a liar, born and raised.

As someone who grew up on a farm in Audubon County I can without a doubt say that the constant stench of shit from the hog confinement 2 miles north of our house was 1000x worse than a seeing some blinking lights that came from the windmills that were to the east.

Also the idea that that those lights interfere with someone's ability to look at the stars like someone claimed is an outright lie.

As someone who grew up on a farm in Audubon County I can without a doubt say that the constant stench of shit from the hog confinement 2 miles north of our house was 1000x worse than a seeing some blinking lights that came from the windmills that were to the east.

Also the idea that that those lights interfere with someone's ability to look at the stars like someone claimed is an outright lie.
2nd part False

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
You claimed you could not view the stars, due to 'light pollution'.

your actual bitch is the view of the red blinking lights on the horizon. But, you cannot now state that, because you'd be backtracking, wouldn't you?
Again you lie, never have I said I could not view the stars.

Why do you continue to double down on lying Joe? Did your parents not teach you the reputation cost of lying? Do you understand how you have zero credibility now because you chose to lie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT