ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin had 0 accepted penalties.

I counted around 10, the killing the kicker was the worst there was a ref 5 feet away. We have gotten screwed at kinnick bad this year with these idiots. Away homes complete opposite....weird year for us when it comes to officiating also I didn't see that last TD touch the ground did you guys?

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Second game of the year where that's happened against Iowa

Wrong...

Third straight home game. Ndsu, nw, and now wisky.

I would love to see the stats we are home team had three straight games where in opponent did not suffer any penalty yardage. My bet is it has not happened.

Opponents are not getting flagged because we don't put them into situations where they are forced to commit penalties. We don't make defensive backs grab because we can't get away from them. We don't make linemen hold because we can't get past them. We don't make anyone do anything they don't want to do.

Opponents are not getting flagged because we don't put them into situations where they are forced to commit penalties. We don't make defensive backs grab because we can't get away from them. We don't make linemen hold because we can't get past them. We don't make anyone do anything they don't want to do.

This. It usually takes a team being fast and athletic to force the other team to commit penalties. Our DL just play Paddy Cake with the OL so no need to hold. WRs are slow and run basic routes with no wrinkles. DB just play zone and are taught to tackle the guy after and easy gain.

Last edited:
I counted around 10, the killing the kicker was the worst there was a ref 5 feet away. We have gotten screwed at kinnick bad this year with these idiots. Away homes complete opposite....weird year for us when it comes to officiating also I didn't see that last TD touch the ground did you guys?
Your punter shoulda take an acting lesson from Bard Nortman. :p
Joking aside, I thought Wisconsin player was blocked into your punter. But I'm a Wisconsin fan.

I would like this a hundred times if I could. Spot on.

Our coaches don't do anything to make the other team uncomfortable.

Like what, stick them with a cattle prod?

Great players and playmakers would make the other team uncomfortable. If Iowa had a multitude of better players, the play would improve, causing more mistakes by the opposition - and probably more penalties as a result.

Serious question because with the "rugby kick" style relatively new; is there a rule that after you take a certain amount of steps with the ball as the punter are you fair game? I didn't think so, but I'm old. And he was NOT blocked into the punter.

I thought there were several false starts and holds not called. However, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss... That was Wisconsin being better than Iowa. Hawks played tough but just not good enough.

Reactions: FairfIowafan1984
True, but in all 3 home losses there was plenty of holding going on anyway.

The refs just don't give Iowa the benefit, in part, because of what you said.

Is that right? Absolutely not. That's on the refs for being dumbasses and having their own interpretations for the rules of the game, rather than just enforcing the rules of the game...........

But that's how it is this year, for whatever f***ing reason.

Yeah even with all the penalties that weren't called, Wisconsin still beat us im definitely not saying that's why we lost if they would have called those penalties we still lose most likely.

Also really he was pushed into him Badger fan? I saw it four times and that didn't even cross my mind as something someone would make up. And acting lessons? He got smoked so fast he went down hard he didn't need to "act"

has anyone seen this season before where all the home games the refs are missing so many calls and it's just for Iowa. And on the road we get the breaks....

How many penalties have been called against iowas opponents? ISU had a ton but other than that don't remember many

How many penalties have been called against iowas opponents? ISU had a ton but other than that don't remember many
Out of 128 teams, Iowa is 114th in opponent penalty yards per game (41). We are 85th in opponent penalties per game (5.7).

There was one play early on 3rd and 8 where Wisconsin te 81 was blocking downfield on a pass play that should have easily been called.. Oh well it's kirks job to get into the refs ear and get them edgy to throw flags.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
No punter protection on rugby style punts once outside tackle box. Not sure where he was.

Out of 128 teams, Iowa is 114th in opponent penalty yards per game (41). We are 85th in opponent penalties per game (5.7).
Wow. Nothing more to say. I think I'm more shocked that there's 43 teams in the country who's opponents are getting less than 5.7 penalties against them per game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT