ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin

I watched about the last 10 min of NW-Wisky and found myself rooting hard for NW, although they are in more of a position to finish ahead of the Hawks than the Badgers. It was ridiculous that the Badgers seemed to get a few more of the calls down the stretch (especially the no call on the flop and the ridiculous charge call where the defender slid in front of Buie), but were whining like babies because they didn't get calls where nothing happened. I remember a shot down the stretch by their guard Hepburn (sp?) in the lane where Hummel first thought there was a foul, but the NW defender wasn't even close to him when he shot. Wahl fell down a couple of times, trying to get a call. If it had been any officiating crew other than Carstensen's doing the game, I think NW would have gotten screwed out of the game. Wisky players really are very skilled actors, and I find it disgusting that they believe that is an appropriate way to win.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I watched about the last 10 min of NW-Wisky and found myself rooting hard for NW, although they are in more of a position to finish ahead of the Hawks than the Badgers. It was ridiculous that the Badgers seemed to get a few more of the calls down the stretch (especially the no call on the flop and the ridiculous charge call where the defender slid in front of Buie), but were whining like babies because they didn't get calls where nothing happened. I remember a shot down the stretch by their guard Hepburn (sp?) in the lane where Hummel first thought there was a foul, but the NW defender wasn't even close to him when he shot. Wahl fell down a couple of times, trying to get a call. If it had been any officiating crew other than Carstensen's doing the game, I think NW would have gotten screwed out of the game. Wisky players really are very skilled actors, and I find it disgusting that they believe that is an appropriate way to win.
I watched as well and rooted against the flopping arm grabbing Badgers as well. It would have to be a very big moment for Iowa for me to ever root for Wisconsin/Gard.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
With Gard there and their current style of play I'd never cheer for them. As I stated in my original post watch our Hawks get royally screwed when we play in Madison.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
With Gard there and their current style of play I'd never cheer for them. As I stated in my original post watch our Hawks get royally screwed when we play in Madison.
Nah, Wisconsin sucks. Flopping can only make up for so much.

I hope you're right. I don't trust anything with the Wisconsin program and Gard in charge. He got that job in a very fishy way if you remember. I don't have any time for Ryan either.

Wahl has one year left at Wisconsin if he wants it, but he’s waffling. If he doesn’t return, they’re in deep trouble next year I presume.

Bad finish to the final game, but making it to the finals of the NIT gives Wisconsin something positive to what was a really bad last half of the season.

And yet they beat the Hawks twice. Let that sink in.
No need to let it sink in. We're pretty even with each other. Both programs are typically fringe tourney teams, regardless of their seeding each year. The difference is that we've been in a 3 decade long rut and Whisky just had their pinnacle a decade ago. It's been a regression to this since then. The teams are now similar. We're both what we are at this point. Average teams.

Wahl has one year left at Wisconsin if he wants it, but he’s waffling. If he doesn’t return, they’re in deep trouble next year I presume.
Portal dude, portal. I won't miss Wahl (on offense) if he moves on. Big reason for the inept offense.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Portal dude, portal. I won't miss Wahl (on offense) if he moves on. Big reason for the inept offense.
Really?

I don't watch Wisconsin that much but Whal has great back to the basket game when ever I've seen him. 11 & 6 isn't bad. Just und 30% 3pt.

What do you not like about his offense specifically? Freethrows look rough i guess.

Really?

I don't watch Wisconsin that much but Whal has great back to the basket game when ever I've seen him. 11 & 6 isn't bad. Just und 30% 3pt.

What do you not like about his offense specifically? Freethrows look rough i guess.
His offensive efficiency is horrible. It's been brutal this year. If we got the Tyler Wahl from the previous year, I'd welcome him back. But he was awful this year. And he can't shoot outside of 2 feet. A very poor mans Ethan Happ on offense. Good, versatile defender but even that was iffy at times this year. I'm sure the injury didn't help but he wasn't great before it either. Couple good raw stat games but the percentages sucked. Plus it just bogs down the offense even more when we have multiple guys that can't make a 3 on the court at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
His offensive efficiency is horrible. It's been brutal this year. If we got the Tyler Wahl from the previous year, I'd welcome him back. But he was awful this year. And he can't shoot outside of 2 feet. A very poor mans Ethan Happ on offense. Good, versatile defender but even that was iffy at times this year. I'm sure the injury didn't help but he wasn't great before it either. Couple good raw stat games but the percentages sucked. Plus it just bogs down the offense even more when we have multiple guys that can't make a 3 on the court at the same time.
Never beat Iowa again..............lol.

• Haha
Reactions: jwardelt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT