ADVERTISEMENT

Wittlake

It could mean he knows or he doesn't want everyone contacting him and he will contact the schools he's interested in. Coaches can talk to athletes who are do not contact as long as the athlete initiates the conversation
Well that would be weird if they couldn’t talk to them if the athlete initiated the conversation.

Brands: Hello?
Wittlake: Hey coach it’s Travis Wittlake, I’m in the portal and am interested in Iowa.
Brands: ……………
Wittlake: Hello Coach? You there?
Brands: …………….

Well that would be weird if they couldn’t talk to them if the athlete initiated the conversation.

Wittlake: Hey coach it’s Travis Wittlake, I’m in the portal and am interested in Iowa.
I think you read the post wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub

That's funny .Most athletes aren't calling coaches phones though

Reactions: el dub
I think you read the post wrong.
Coaches can talk to athletes who are do not contact as long as the athlete initiates the conversation
Nope, I read it right, I was just being a dumb*ss.

Seriously, though Wittlake is really good in every position. He would be a slight upgrade from Assad IMHO. He’s got some good wins and has lost close matches to some of the top guys. Hope he’s a Hawk.

Last edited:
Coaches can talk to athletes who are do not contact as long as the athlete initiates the conversation

Seriously, though Wittlake is really good in every position. He would be a slight upgrade from Assad IMHO. He’s got some good wins and has lost close matches to some of the top guys. Hope he’s a Hawk.
Didn’t he lose to Assad about 6 months ago?

Yep, that's what I was thinking as well because the Okie State dual happened to be the one dual I was able to come to town for last season. I'm all for welcoming him to the team if Assad is injured or can't go for legal issues, but I think a healthy and assertive Assad is notch above Wittlake. In the end I just want to see 10 Iowa hammers taking the mat who have a better than average chance of making the podium come NCAAs, with 4 or 5 of them getting to the semis or finals and RW's bringing home the gold.

Wittlake is an AA. He placed 4th a few years ago beating Amine, Ethan Smith and losing a barn burner to Keegan O’Toole. Very similar results at Nationals last year to Abe. Wittlake went 1-2 as the 10 seed, Assad went 1-2 as the 12 seed. I’d love to see what he can do in Black and Gold. My money is on Assad being the better option. Assad’s a betting man, he’d take that action.

Last edited:
Wittlake is an AA. He placed 4th a few years ago beating Amine, Ethan Smith and losing a barn burner to Keegan O’Toole. Very similar results at Nationals last year to Abe. Wittlake went 1-2 as the 10 seed, Assad went 1-2 as the 12 seed. I’d love to see what he can do in Black and Gold. My money is on Assad being the better option. Assad’s a betting man, he’d take that action.
Yeah it's only a thing if Assad is suspended. Wittlake hasn't been great for a couple years now. His style was mostly built on size and strength at 165 (where he was enormous). Having to move up 2 weights because he couldn't hold 165 and can't beat Plott at 174 put a real ceiling on his production. That begs the question, however, is he transferring so he can go 174?

Plott to 184? Then maybe Wittlake really is a 184. Or he just wants out at OSU.
He wants out. But I definitely think he's a 174. Looked like he gave up some strength last year 184. As far as I know its OSU and us. He'd be 184 for us - but man is he beat up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT