ADVERTISEMENT

WNO

LaxHawk174

HR All-American
Jan 15, 2014

Angelo's match was announced, Ferrari vs Ty Eise from Colorado. They will be competing at 170 lbs.

Other announced matches so far:

Christian Castillo vs Paul Kenny - 113 lbs
Anthony Knox vs Leo DeLuca - 120 lbs
Jax Forrest vs Jordyn Raney - 126 lbs
Ben Davino vs Kyler Larkin - 132 lbs
Daniel Zepeda vs Bo Bassett - 138 lbs
Kollin Rath vs Pierson Manville - 145 lbs
Joe Sealey vs Will Henckel - 160 lbs
Angelo Ferrari vs Ty Eise - 170 lbs
Aeodin Sinclair vs Connor Mirasola - 195 lbs
Cody Merrill vs Sawyer Bartelt - 220 lbs

No official announcement on the Gilroy boys matches yet, but I saw both were posting on social media about competing at WNO, and those were their respective weights at Fargo.

Last edited:
Kollin Rath vs Pierson Manville just announced for 145 lbs
Looks like Bo Bassett is going to be the other entrant at 138 lbs according to his social media - not officially announced yet.

Reactions: el dub
Angelo vs Eise was tighter than I’d like.
Knox and Deluca would be a dream 1/2 combo.
If wanting to win so bad that it causes you to lose was an athlete, that’d be Bo Bassett.
jax vs Raney was a top ten wrestling match I’ve seen of all time. I don’t know who I’d take if I had to choose one. If that’s the future of wrestling, it’s an upward trajectory.
3 point takedowns are a win.
Next, step out.

If wanting to win so bad that it causes you to lose was an athlete, that’d be Bo Bassett.
jax vs Raney was a top ten wrestling match I’ve seen of all time. I don’t know who I’d take if I had to choose one. If that’s the future of wrestling, it’s an upward trajectory.
Next, step out.
I hope like heck we are all over the Randy bros. Would love to have them be wearing black. No quit and fun as hell to watch. Would be a dynamic 1-2 punch at our lower weights

Reactions: Sandor45
Next, step out.
According to Fellers, DeLuca is visiting Iowa, I forget when he said the visit is. He mentioned it on Willie's show

It was Saturday.

Yea…that was somewhere in between a biblical reckoning and Trump participating in a puppy punting competition. Can’t expect to catch everything going on in the wrestling world.

Next, step out.
Angelo isn't going to be a bonus machine. He's a smaller version of his brother. Very good in all three positions. Can take down anyone, but not in volume. Never out of position. Tough on top, but no turn.

Reactions: vhsalum
Angelo isn't going to be a bonus machine. He's a smaller version of his brother. Very good in all three positions. Can take down anyone, but not in volume. Never out of position. Tough on top, but no turn.
just wait until M* and Telford get their hands on him.. he will be a turning machine
Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

Last edited:
And that's an outlier match for him. He failed to come close to bonusing much lower competition most of last year (at ironman for example).

It's not a knock on him. Just a style thing. He's going to win a ton of matches and score a ton of NCAA tournament points imo!

I agree. Seeley is super offensive and AF is a great scrambler and good counter shot guy. Seeley walked right into his wheelhouse.

AF has the goods to win titles but like his bro, not very exciting. This is weird because they look and act like steamrollers but wrestle smart and calculated matches. All they do is win though and I’ll take it.

I agree. Seeley is super offensive and AF is a great scrambler and good counter shot guy. Seeley walked right into his wheelhouse.

AF has the goods to win titles but like his bro, not very exciting. This is weird because they look and act like steamrollers but wrestle smart and calculated matches. All they do is win though and I’ll take it.
You're spot on here. Angelo will pick his opponents apart and frustrate the hell out of them. I do believe (and hope) when Angelo is in Carver and the crowd is getting loud and he smells blood, he'll take his opponent to the woodshed. The kid can flat out wrestle extremely well in all positions.

You're spot on here. Angelo will pick his opponents apart and frustrate the hell out of them. I do believe (and hope) when Angelo is in Carver and the crowd is getting loud and he smells blood, he'll take his opponent to the woodshed. The kid can flat out wrestle extremely well in all positions.
Wouldn't be surprised to see a Starocci-like progression where he wins a ton of controlled, but close matches early and then starts to score more as his career progresses.

The three point takedown might be really big for him though. Previously, it was really hard to consistently bonus solid to good wrestlers without a turn.

To be fair, Eise played defense and was very good at it for almost the entire match.
Eise predicted it would be a low scoring defensive battle and was studying Angelo for over a month to figure out how to stop his best moves. He just wanted to keep it close and not get embarrassed like Sealy did the year before. That was the first I saw of Angelo and didn’t think we would be on any Ferrari radar, but thought we had a good chance at landing Sealy. How things changed in a few months.

Reactions: Reymundo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT