ADVERTISEMENT

World Team Trials

Interesting to see Coach Chun in Jacarra Winchester's corner. Wonder if she was just helping out, or if Jacarra is coming to the IWWC after being unceremoniously removed from the CWC.

JB already chattered post match interview about medaling and bye to final x next summer. Only injury will keep him from retiring imo before final x.

I mean. Can you blame him? He looked the best he has since winning in 2022. 79 is the best weight class for him. He also said he would never make 74kg again. Barring injury I think he wrestles at OTT in 2024 at 86 kg.

I mean. Can you blame him? He looked the best he has since winning in 2022. 79 is the best weight class for him. He also said he would never make 74kg again. Barring injury I think he wrestles at OTT in 2024 at 86 kg.
Won’t he be close to 40 at next Olympics? 86kg is very big for his height and frame, but can’t see him cutting at all at this stage of life.

Won’t he be close to 40 at next Olympics? 86kg is very big for his height and frame, but can’t see him cutting at all at this stage of life.
I can't see JB hanging it up until his body tells him to. He looks so good still and obviously loves nothing more than competing and winning

probably depends on if he medals and what color it is. If it’s Gold he a red might hang it up. If it’s bronze or silver and he is sitting in the finals of trials next year he might go again. If he doesn’t medal he might just call it quits.

Maybe I’m imagining things but I drove by Carver and it looked like Gilman is in town talking with Brands outside the facility.

Reactions: edquinn06
Hoping we get to see Taylor and Burroughs win World Championships, then leave their shoes at the center of the mat… that would be fitting and the way to go out.

Btw, I wouldn’t put too much stock in Haines beating O’Toole.., O’Toole is closing on a house this week and then getting married on Saturday.., beating Carr but losing to Haines could be due to life’s distractions rather than style match ups making a difference.

Reactions: vhsalum
Btw, I wouldn’t put too much stock in Haines beating O’Toole.., O’Toole is closing on a house this week and then getting married on Saturday.., beating Carr but losing to Haines could be due to life’s distractions rather than style match ups making a difference.
I don't know him, but I doubt he wants people making excuses for him. It was his choice to close on a house and get married the week after WTT.

Hoping we get to see Taylor and Burroughs win World Championships, then leave their shoes at the center of the mat… that would be fitting and the way to go out.

Just what Taylor needs, more hype for his recruiting 😔

Maybe I’m imagining things but I drove by Carver and it looked like Gilman is in town talking with Brands outside the facility.
Gilman's olympic bronze is on display at the new facility for a limited time display of all former Hawkeye wrestling olympic medals, could be related to that.

Reactions: Aleric1 and 12tdsaw
I don't know him, but I doubt he wants people making excuses for him. It was his choice to close on a house and get married the week after WTT.
Relax dude, nobody is making excuses for him, it is just an observation.. And for the record, USA Wrestling only announced the date and location of WTT 5 weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT