ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, tough to be a husker fan right now.

Sure, but not many have started 6-0 either. Our crossover games are Maryland and Indiana. Theirs are Maryland and Rutgers. All of whom are 0-2 in conference. If we want to give Indiana credit for almost beating OSU we need to give Rutgers credit for almost beating MSU. It's far too early to be stressing about Wisconsin running the table with almost the exact same schedule while giving us 2 losses.
And even though it is early, you seem to be assuming that Iowa will finish better than 6-2, which, as stated above, is not supported by history and is exceedingly rare.

I think most would agree that our two most difficult remaining games are @ NW and @ NE. (A case could be made for @ IN, but, as you state, WI doesn't have to play them.). WI gets NW at home and already won @ NE. So, I disagree with the premise that the two remaining schedules are basically the same.

Living in lala land if you think Iowa can win the West or the B1G outright without any help.

Also, not even sure what "earning" it means. Even with help, Iowa can "earn" a lot this year.

I don't think, for example, that anyone would say the 2004 team didn't "earn" a share of the B1G even though it required Michigan to lose in its final game of the year.

Try to follow along. I said the division, not the B1G.

I want Iowa to win the division without outside help. I want the Hawks to earn it

I live in Iowa, not "lala land" wherever that is, and yes, the Hawks can win this division without any outside help.

"Earn" means win all your games on the schedule. We got by the team I thought would beat us. The remaining games are winnable. If we win ALL our games we will EARN the West division title.

Winning the B1G is another whole story. We'd need all kinds of help from the West division champ to win that game (turnovers, penalties, etc).

Reactions: TankHawk
Try to follow along. I said the division, not the B1G.

I live in Iowa, not "lala land" wherever that is, and yes, the Hawks can win this division without any outside help.

"Earn" means win all your games on the schedule. We got by the team I thought would beat us. The remaining games are winnable. If we win ALL our games we will EARN the West division title.

Winning the B1G is another whole story. We'd need all kinds of help from the West division champ to win that game (turnovers, penalties, etc).
So the only way to "earn" the division is to go 8-0. Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT