ADVERTISEMENT

WRESTLING FOR LIFE board fundraiser — PSU Week 2023 edition

Here’s the $50 I lost (and the $100 for BWI)

You donated $150.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Thank you for using PayPal
Donation Details
Date
January 27, 2023
Transaction ID
8WB60554J46227453
Purpose
Wrestling For Life
Donation to
Wrestling for Life
Donation from
XXXX
Donation amount
$150.00 USD

Total amount of this transaction$150.00 USD

You could most definitely hear the crowd booing when Spencer Lee’s name was announced.
Just like they did when he lost his last match in high school to desanto. He admitted to such in a recent interview. Said that was the only time he was ever booed. Can’t remember which penn state fans called me a liar about him getting booed out of the arena but they can kiss my arse. Looks like he’s been booed twice now. And who did it? His home state. Pathetic. He won 3 PA titles here to go along with 3 world titles. Represented this state better than anyone. Zero respect because he didn’t go to psu.

I admit the circumstances would have been a strange to applaud Lee, so if @slushhead wants to admit PSU just doesn't appreciate good wrestlers , I'll pick up the other $25 too. (I'd also accept an admission that stall calls were uneven tonight :), though that didn't account for the difference in the dual at all)

I can't figure out how to post the image directly from my phone so I'll figure it out later

You donated $25.00 USD to Wrestling for Life

Donation Details

Date
January 27, 2023
Transaction ID
12V90611AW639153B

Last edited:
I admit the circumstances would have been a strange to applaud Lee, so if @slushhead wants to admit PSU just doesn't appreciate good wrestlers , I'll pick up the other $25 too. (I'd also accept an admission that stall calls were uneven tonight :), though that didn't account for the difference in the dual at all)

I can't figure out how to post the image directly from my phone so I'll figure it out later

You donated $25.00 USD to Wrestling for Life

Donation Details

Date
January 27, 2023
Transaction ID
12V90611AW639153B
I was pecking away at my phone trying to finish a post and neglected to listen for the crowd, but I’m pretty sure I heard either Gibbons or Sparks make a comment about “a few boos”, lol.

Of course it played out that way — I tried to set an objective criterion, and then we get into a gray area anyway (their on-air comment was about boos rather than applause, which was the impetus of the bet). So I think we both won the bet, even if applause didn’t happen. 😉

I donated $25 for that, plus another $50 for good measure since I had come out of the betting otherwise unscathed.

Thanks for playing along, folks. It was a fun lead-up to the dual. You guys had a good showing, especially Murin.

p.s. — I have a screenshot of my donation on my iPhone but am having some trouble figuring out how to get it pasted into this message. I normally copy-paste my email receipt, but I’m still waiting for the receipt to show up. 🤷‍♂️

I was pecking away at my phone trying to finish a post and neglected to listen for the crowd, but I’m pretty sure I heard either Gibbons or Sparks make a comment about “a few boos”, lol.

Of course it played out that way — I tried to set an objective criterion, and then we get into a gray area anyway (their on-air comment was about boos rather than applause, which was the impetus of the bet). So I think we both won the bet, even if applause didn’t happen. 😉

I donated $25 for that, plus another $50 for good measure since I had come out of the betting otherwise unscathed.

Thanks for playing along, folks. It was a fun lead-up to the dual. You guys had a good showing, especially Murin.

p.s. — I have a screenshot of my donation on my iPhone but am having some trouble figuring out how to get it pasted into this message. I normally copy-paste my email receipt, but I’m still waiting for the receipt to show up. 🤷‍♂️
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: slushhead
Still nothing in the Inbox, Junk, or Deleted folders. As has been happening with startling increased frequency, I must have mistyped my email address in the form. Oh well, you’ll have to settle for my Transac.ID: 73K7087213929510G

I have no idea whether those 0s are zeroes or the letter O. 😂

Reactions: sstark46
You can copy and paste
Still nothing in the Inbox, Junk, or Deleted folders. As has been happening with startling increased frequency, I must have mistyped my email address in the form. Oh well, you’ll have to settle for my Transac.ID: 73K7087213929510G

I have no idea whether those 0s are zeroes or the letter O. 😂
You can copy and paste from the WFL website.

$100.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Donation Details
Date
January 27, 2023
Transaction ID
3287-2176-1431-5552
Purpose
Wrestling For Life
Donation to
Wrestling for Life
Donation Amount
$100.00 USD

Last edited:
@82bordeaux thanks for the challenge. I was glad to accept.

You donated $250.00 USD to Wrestling for Life
Donation Details
Date
January 27, 2023
Transaction ID
9YN05194WG4716605
Purpose
Wrestling For Life
Donation to
Wrestling for Life
@jmadden1998 and @Inthecircle your boys wrestled a great match. They were tough up and down the line.
Here is my juice to WFL on your behalf.

Thanks for donating $275.00 USD to
Wrestling for Life
Increase your impact and ask your friends to match your donation
Share via EmailShare on mobileShare on FacebookShare on MessengerShare on WhatsappShare on TwitterCopy link
Transaction ID: 2DW4989330688944Y

@jmadden1998 and @Inthecircle your boys wrestled a great match. They were tough up and down the line.
Here is my juice to WFL on your behalf.

Thanks for donating $275.00 USD to
Wrestling for Life
Increase your impact and ask your friends to match your donation
Share via EmailShare on mobileShare on FacebookShare on MessengerShare on WhatsappShare on TwitterCopy link
Transaction ID: 2DW4989330688944Y
Thanks for taking the challenge. We’ll get you next year in Carver! Good luck with the remainder of the year.

I'll make an offer to Hawkeye Nation. But it will have to be a team effort on your part. I will wager $50 on each match. 125 (yes, I'll bet against Spencer). But I need one Hawk fan to take the other side of each of the 10 weights. This guarantees $500 to Wrestling For Life.

125 - @jmadden1998
133 - @jmadden1998
141 - @jmadden1998
149 - @jmadden1998
157 - @jmadden1998
165 - @jmadden1998
174 - @jmadden1998
184 - @jmadden1998
197 - @jmadden1998
285 - @loonhawk

So just reply with the Hawk you are willing to wager on. There will be ten $50 bets, or no bet at all. Let's step up and raise some $ for a good wrestling cause. Some of you will have to fall on a sword like I will be doing, but it is for a good cause.

I nominate @jmadden1998 Hawk Fan of the Year! $500 will be going to WFL! It's just a matter of what wallet it comes from. Well done!
I hate that I missed this, but I will definitely be donating come NCAAs. You're a good man for going the extra mile like this!! :)

Reactions: 82bordeaux
With about 2:30 left on the clock, it appears we have the following bets for WFL:

• jmadden1998 & loonhawk vs. 82bordeaux for $500
• inthecircle vs. 82bordeaux for $100
• aleric1 vs. slush for $50
• idahopennstatefan vs. nelson brands for $100
• justsomebody & slush vs. the bjc for $25

If I have all that right, it puts this board at $775 for WFL.

@Aleric1 @Idahopennstatefan @Inthecircle @jmadden1998 @just_somebody @loonhawk @82bordeaux
Please let me know of I screwed any of that up.
Good job, Slush! I don't always agree with your posts, but you clearly have a good heart! :)

Reactions: just_somebody
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT