ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Henson in the transfer portal

In this thread. Probably someone you have on ignore. It was nothing more than a what if.
Yeah, hypothetical speculation: what if Max is done wrestling (not transferring), then Demas could provide contingency insurance, or something like that. Don't think anyone said they heard something along those lines.

I think Willie said he heard that it wasn't a done deal that Max wants to return another year
Willie has a big mouth!!! Just wait until mineo gets ahold of this!!! Again max will be back!! F willie and mineo. Speculation!!!

Willie has a big mouth!!! Just wait until mineo gets ahold of this!!! Again max will be back!! F willie and mineo. Speculation!!!
Take a deep breath. He didn't say Max wasn't coming back. He said something along the lines of it not being a sure thing and thats why Demas could make sense to Iowa.

Take a deep breath. He didn't say Max wasn't coming back. He said something along the lines of it not being a sure thing and thats why Demas could make sense to Iowa.
No breath. He will be back. Don’t follow the heard!!!

Good news! Was a bit concerned for a minute.
Concerned that a guy who has failed to AA in the Blood round 3X might be gone to make room for someone who has made the stand before? Don’t get me wrong here. Murin is a good kid and wrestler but come NCAA’s he has proven to be a hole in the lineup. Last NCAA Max beat Lovett who made the Finals this year. I just haven’t seen Max jump levels from his freshmen year to now. No reason or evidence to show that he won’t be a bloodhound guy again next year and not make the stand.

Last edited:
Concerned that a guy who has failed to AA in the Blood round 3X might be gone to make room for someone who has made the stand before? Don’t get me wrong here. Murin is a good kid and wrestler but come NCAA’s he has proven to be a hole in the lineup. Last NCAA Max beat Lovett who made the Finals this year. I just haven’t seen Max jump levels from his freshmen year to now. No reason or evidence to show that he won’t be a bloodhound guy again next year and not make the stand.
It would be one thing if demas had wrestled at an AA level in the last 3 years and at the weight he would wrestle, but he hasn't. murin was significantly better than him last year.

It would be one thing if demas had wrestled at an AA level in the last 3 years and at the weight he would wrestle, but he hasn't. murin was significantly better than him last year.
I don’t disagree with that, but if Demas does come back to form he has much better wins, ncaa results, and potential then Murin. Might as well roll the dice. We know what we are getting with Murin.

I don’t disagree with that, but if Demas does come back to form he has much better wins, ncaa results, and potential then Murin. Might as well roll the dice. We know what we are getting with Murin.
That was all at 141. His time thus far at 149 hasn't shown better wins or potential than Max including a 9-3 loss to to Gfeller and a loss to Jarod Verkleeran. It would have to be a very low level risk situation.

Max also hasn't had a healthy nationals in a couple years which should be taken into consideration.

If you want to win at all costs, then you would take a guaranteed top 3 transfer to replace Max, anything less would be foolish to me.

Personally, I'm not a win at all costs guy and would rather see Max have a healthy year and place top 5 himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT