ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Henson in the transfer portal

In the FLO article “Way Too Early Lineup Look: 2022-23 Iowa Hawkeyes by JD Rader he states at 141, the Real Woods transfer caused Wyatt Henson to enter the transfer portal. If he hasn’t already, it sounds like he should retract this statement?

Nah. We're talking about how highly regarded they were as recruits.
Nah, one of us is talking about highly regarded recruits and the other is talking about 1 guy barely in the top 100 and a class mostly made up of guys ranked 400+.

Mizzu got Cameron Steed he's a 4 time Oklahoma champ #107 senior won it at 152 this year

Nah, one of us is talking about highly regarded recruits and the other is talking about 1 guy barely in the top 100 and a class mostly made up of guys ranked 400+.
If by "barely in the top 100" you're talking about Fidone, yeah there were over 2,600 FBS recruits his year. So that puts him in the top 3-4% of all college football recruits nationwide, and the #2 TE recruit in the nation.

So that's not a "highly regarded" recruit in your opinion?

Congrats on Swiderski, your microchub seems to be on overdrive. But if you're sticking with the point that ISU wrestling recruiting is outperforming Nebby football recruiting... I'll just say lol.

If by "barely in the top 100" you're talking about Fidone, yeah there were over 2,600 FBS recruits his year. So that puts him in the top 3-4% of all college football recruits nationwide, and the #2 TE recruit in the nation.

So that's not a "highly regarded" recruit in your opinion?

Congrats on Swiderski, your microchub seems to be on overdrive. But if you're sticking with the point that ISU wrestling recruiting is outperforming Nebby football recruiting... I'll just say lol.
With ISU, I would think Clone fans would be a bit more cautious hyping recruiting in the Dresser regime.

Outside of Carr, the results have been pretty lackluster.

Time will tell.

With ISU, I would think Clone fans would be a bit more cautious hyping recruiting in the Dresser regime.

Outside of Carr, the results have been pretty lackluster.

Time will tell.
It's just a weird point altogether. A guy in the top 3-4% of his college football recruiting class isn't highly regarded? Duh. Never seen a guy puff his chest this much over a 17th place finish at nationals. Imagine if they'd finished 16th.

Reactions: sabula
You are missing my point on how revenues get distributed and why there are scenarios where Oakland has less of a payroll than that of 1-2 star players on the teams I mentioned.
My point is, perhaps MLB isn't the best example in that you can run a good baseball team with premier scouting and development vs throwing money at things...or ambitionless teams can just keep the lux tax money like Scrooge McDuck.

What?! Who besides OToole even remotely has a chance at a title from Mizzou? Spencer is a lock and Iowa has way more opportunities.
I will consider Spencer a "lock" when we see he is healthy and wrestling like he has in the past. Don't assume a 2x acl repaired Spencer will 100% be the same as before. a 50% Spencer could very well lose to glory or Vito. Other than him the only title contender is jacob warner who is as likely to place 6th as he is 1st. Him and elam are pretty equal all things considered. Mauller will place higher than any hawk not named Spencer and maybe warner. Mizzou is not a scrub team.

I will consider Spencer a "lock" when we see he is healthy and wrestling like he has in the past. Don't assume a 2x acl repaired Spencer will 100% be the same as before. a 50% Spencer could very well lose to glory or Vito. Other than him the only title contender is jacob warner who is as likely to place 6th as he is 1st. Him and elam are pretty equal all things considered. Mauller will place higher than any hawk not named Spencer and maybe warner. Mizzou is not a scrub team.
Mauller won’t beat Yianni so he ain’t winning

Don’t use logic here. It doesn’t work.

I'm all for an Iowa/Mizzou dual. No ill feelings here. I was hoping they would meet at the Collegiate Duals, but didn't happen.

I'm a bit curious to see if the Collegiate Duals is going to be an annual thing(and if the Hawks will be invited).
They should move it to after Christmas so people can attend.

When is the last time Missouri finished above Iowa at the national tournament and how many times has it happened in the last 40 years? I’m fine writing them off.
So many of these programs just desperate to be relevant and trying to establish relevancy by how they size up v. Iowa and clinging to that one year out of 20 where they actually might come close in a dual.

Mauller will place higher than any hawk not named Spencer and maybe warner. Mizzou is not a scrub team.

Does anyone know what weight Mauller is planning on wrestling? I know he was at 57 while in redshirt and is registered at 70kgs for the open. Is he going to drop back to 49 or is 57 his new weight?

Are you dumb or just trolling? Spencer Lee, Reel Woods, Warner, Big Cass, are ALL contenders right out of the gate! We also have PK stepping in, maybe the toughest weight class, but the kid is very good.

A 100% Lee TF'd Glory and a 60% Lee almost majored Glory. But, you be you.

Are you dumb or just trolling? Spencer Lee, Reel Woods, Warner, Big Cass, are ALL contenders right out of the gate! We also have PK stepping in, maybe the toughest weight class, but the kid is very good
I'm a big fan of Cass but he just placed 7th and only 2 guys ahead of him (I believe) are gone next year.

Does anyone know what weight Mauller is planning on wrestling? I know he was at 57 while in redshirt and is registered at 70kgs for the open. Is he going to drop back to 49 or is 57 his new weight?
Askren said Mauller would be 149 and Edmond would redshirt

Reactions: jrod65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT