ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster - no longer a Cyclone

This is shocking. Blum and Williams downplaying the loss of their best Center on the roster. Never.
Actually they said that the loss of XF will put them at the bottom of the conference. I get it. They are paid to be homers, but they were very realistic about the upcoming season. I know it's an overused term, but TJ needs to establish a "culture" this year. They made the comparison to Fred's 1st season in Ames. 3-13 in the league, but they were in games, hustled, etc. Last year's team was broken for reasons none of us will ever know. Most games were over by half. "Success" this year won't be determined by their W/L record.

Reactions: Mountain Man Hawk
Student code of conduct on most campuses won’t require criminal activity to be involved before violations. Usually athletes must be even better than that.
That is both true and terrifying in its significance. Punishment before trial? Termination of contracts and financial damages without trial? Reputation destroyed, probably forever without trial?

The law has always provided a clear process for that guilt to be determined. Maybe other social institutions, economic, governmental, legal, and commercial should be treading lightly until Foster's guilt can be determined?

The facts we know do not look good for Foster but they are far from establishing anything other than he engaged a sex act with no evidence of the lack of consent, implied or actual, at the time of the blow job and yet he has already been grievously punished.

Are we entirely sure punishment, of any kind, before the establishment of guilt is a direction anyone thinks we should go as a culture? Not implying 'cuda thinks that either but he raised a larger issue. While the Clowns can suspend or expel Foster, or just revoke his scholly, should they at this point?

Better a hundred guilty go free than one innocent man is punished.​

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
That is both true and terrifying in its significance. Punishment before trial? Termination of contracts and financial damages without trial? Reputation destroyed, probably forever without trial?

The law has always provided a clear process for that guilt to be determined. Maybe other social institutions, economic, governmental, legal, and commercial should be treading lightly until Foster's guilt can be determined?

The facts we know do not look good for Foster but they are far from establishing anything other than he engaged a sex act with no evidence of the lack of consent, implied or actual, at the time of the blow job and yet he has already been grievously punished.

Are we entirely sure punishment, of any kind, before the establishment of guilt is a direction anyone thinks we should go as a culture? Not implying 'cuda thinks that either but he raised a larger issue. While the Clowns can suspend or expel Foster, or just revoke his scholly, should they at this point?

When 10 Minnesota football players were suspended for an alleged sexual assault near campus, what you see at the bottom of this post (pictures of all 10) was front, top of the page news in both the Minneapolis & St Paul newspapers. Both papers got some grief, because it appeared to some as mug shots of the 10 accused.

Twice prosecutors reviewed the case and twice they did not file charges. A local TV station published a redacted copy of the 82-page report which quoted the woman as saying she believed 10 to 20 men had sex with her, though she was not certain. She told university investigators she was too traumatized to clearly remember events.

6 of the 10 Gophers football players accused were sanctioned by a University of Minnesota panel:

***4 were expelled: Ray Buford, Kiante Hardin, Dior Johnson and Tamarion Johnson

***2 received one-year suspensions: Mark Williams and Carlton Djam .

The remaining 4 players — Kobe McCrary, Antoine Winfield, Jr., Seth Green and Antonio Shenault — were cleared of wrongdoing.

Yet, their mug shot will always be there when you google this case.

161214_gopherssuspended2.jpg

Honestly I think it's a fair thing to question. ISU also poorly handled the Bubu Palo situation from a few years ago as well and I'm guessing they are trying to apply what they learned in this case there.

That said, being a part of a universities basketball team isn't the same as a court of law, and the same standards don't need to apply IMO. A fair guess would be that the basketball staff has heard more details than we know currently and they've spoken to ISU's legal council and they've determined that releasing him at this time is appropriate. We don't know that they pulled his scholarship, he would at least be able to retain it for the remainder of this school year but I'm guessing he'll transfer at semester.

Based on what we know right now I'd be shocked if he were convicted of anything and honestly kind of surprised if anything makes it to the courtroom.

Actually they said that the loss of XF will put them at the bottom of the conference. I get it. They are paid to be homers, but they were very realistic about the upcoming season. I know it's an overused term, but TJ needs to establish a "culture" this year. They made the comparison to Fred's 1st season in Ames. 3-13 in the league, but they were in games, hustled, etc. Last year's team was broken for reasons none of us will ever know. Most games were over by half. "Success" this year won't be determined by their W/L record.
Ok, this makes a bit more sense. Saying XF wasn't part of the rotation is just dumb though. You guys have little talent to say he wouldn't be part of the rotation.

Ok, this makes a bit more sense. Saying XF wasn't part of the rotation is just dumb though. You guys have little talent to say he wouldn't be part of the rotation.

There have been not good rumors around him for months regarding on court performance. He’d be in the rotation but I wouldn’t have been surprised at all if he didn’t play much.

Lol. Have you not been paying attention foe the last 5 yrs.
All kinds of people at all levels destroyed without proof.
Our society has turned into a woke attack party for anyone not doing what they want.

Our society has turned into a woke attack party for anyone not doing what they want.
On both ends of the political spectrum. We are living in a horrible age when guilt and innocence is determined on social media.

There have been not good rumors around him for months regarding on court performance. He’d be in the rotation but I wouldn’t have been surprised at all if he didn’t play much.
If he's worse than the Conditt/Jones combo, you ISU guys need to come back and apologize for 800 ridiculous posts. I think we all know, he isn't.

Haven't read the entire thread, but does Oodleberger get fired if he knew about this earlier and only booted Foster after the Register got wind?

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I have been paying attention, and it too is terrifying. Like the moron from Hawaii that said "all women have a right to be believed." So, woman makes an accusation-particularly one as dishonest and weak as that Ford woman's-and we go straight back to a Jim Crow like lynching?

Do people here like living in a wokey woke where trivial and sometimes ancient words are used to destroy careers. If not you become active in resisting it. Cretins like Don Lemon, Fredo Cuomo, Anderson Cooper and Chuck Todd should not decide what is acceptable speech and what is not. We need to match these leftist boycotts and trade attacks that force institutions to silence their employees. I do not watch one minute of NFL productions but the game on the field. I click off as soon as a commercial appears. The networks know every time anyone changes the channel. The few of us who do that already have not had a big effect but as the idea grows the NFL will get less TV money and sooner or later they will figure out the cause and fire that asshole communist Goodell.

Who decided that we cannot use AmerIndian costumes on Halloween, for example. Who authorized those people to determine what I can or cannot wear?​

I have been paying attention, and it too is terrifying. Like the moron from Hawaii that said "all women have a right to be believed." So, woman makes an accusation-particularly one as dishonest and weak as that Ford woman's-and we go straight back to a Jim Crow like lynching?

Do people here like living in a wokey woke where trivial and sometimes ancient words are used to destroy careers. If not you become active in resisting it. Cretins like Don Lemon, Fredo Cuomo, Anderson Cooper and Chuck Todd should not decide what is acceptable speech and what is not. We need to match these leftist boycotts and trade attacks that force institutions to silence their employees. I do not watch one minute of NFL productions but the game on the field. I click off as soon as a commercial appears. The networks know every time anyone changes the channel. The few of us who do that already have not had a big effect but as the idea grows the NFL will get less TV money and sooner or later they will figure out the cause and fire that asshole communist Goodell.

Who decided that we cannot use AmerIndian costumes on Halloween, for example. Who authorized those people to determine what I can or cannot wear?​
What's stopping you from being an AmerIndian for Halloween this year? Or do you want to demand that a company must make those types of costumes? Perhaps you should rethink Halloween and just dress as a Deplorable Sleeping Dog, in line with your handle. Get the BS political rants off these Boards please for people who want to read about Hawkeye Sports. Save that for Facebook.

If he's worse than the Conditt/Jones combo, you ISU guys need to come back and apologize for 800 ridiculous posts. I think we all know, he isn't.

let me assure you it’s been reported for months that Conditt/Jones were probably ahead of him before all this came out.

let me also assure you that’s a bad thing because those guys aren’t good. I don’t even know if they are serviceable.

I was pretty excited when he signed but not everything works out, in this case in multiple ways.

Haven't read the entire thread, but does Oodleberger get fired if he knew about this earlier and only booted Foster after the Register got wind?

It is unclear when the Clown U Athletic Director, Head Coach & President became aware of this.

Note the July 28 quote. I am sure they knew about this much sooner than that.

Here is a timeline, from the Iowa State Daily Student Newspaper:

Oct. 11, 2020: An 18-year-old woman reported the sexual assault when she went to Mary Greeley Medical Center. She believes she had been drugged. The woman says she met Foster at a party but doesn’t remember anything that happened there. The next morning, the woman woke up in a Copper Beech apartment, pants unzipped and missing her underwear and left shoe. The woman was told by another person at the same party that she was hanging out with Foster.

June 23, 2021: The Ames Police Department executed a search warrant to collect an oral DNA sample from Foster to compare it with DNA found on the woman, according to court documents.

June, 2021: The Iowa State Daily learned of the search warrant

July 28, 2021: Rep from Clown U told the ISU Daily that “This is the first thing I’m hearing of this.”

LINK TO FULL STORY:

let me assure you it’s been reported for months that Conditt/Jones were probably ahead of him before all this came out.

let me also assure you that’s a bad thing because those guys aren’t good. I don’t even know if they are serviceable.

I was pretty excited when he signed but not everything works out, in this case in multiple ways.

its crazy how he went from a 4 (or 5) Star basketball player to this....

i guess he can still play overseas and make a living

I just read the story. One can certainly put two and two together. The police have his DNA results but indicated that the speed of the process is being guided by the alleged victim. I’m fairly confident that ISU’s new head coach has talked to him about the situation and they must not like what they’ve hear
Dismissed before findings? Suspend maybe….
You can be kicked from a team for any reason. Innocent until guilty applies in only one place in this country, court of law

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Foster is injured, we've known about it for a while before this news broke and that's what the quote was about.

ISU kicked him off the team as soon as chargers were brought. I don't know what you expect them to do before that. If he never gets charged you probably can't kick a guy off the team.
You can kick a player off the team cus they are late to practice. In no way do players have any rights to be on a team.

Reactions: BBHawk
What's stopping you from being an AmerIndian for Halloween this year? Or do you want to demand that a company must make those types of costumes? Perhaps you should rethink Halloween and just dress as a Deplorable Sleeping Dog, in line with your handle. Get the BS political rants off these Boards please for people who want to read about Hawkeye Sports. Save that for Facebook.

It was the collective "me." Context, I'm too old for Halloween parties, although I do love the little kids costumes and reward them with much sugar. My actual bulldog, Chester, will be wearing a red sweater vest and a bow tie on Halloween, like his Daddy. Never found a way to keep the glasses on the bulldogs.

It sounds like you would try and stop me, or punish me thereafter for having worn an AmeriIndian costume.

I'm further assured of your need to stop or punish me by demanding that I forgo commentary you dislike or with which you disagree. Here's a thought, kind of political in nature. Ignore the conversation if you don't like the content. That's your option. Should that be unclear, its a polite way of saying why don't you just **** right on off then and refrain from telling others when, where and what, they can say.

Guys I did not pay SittingSwitch to provide such a timely foil.​

Reactions: FanOHawk
It was the collective "me." Context, I'm too old for Halloween parties, although I do love the little kids costumes and reward them with much sugar. My actual bulldog, Chester, will be wearing a red sweater vest and a bow tie on Halloween, like his Daddy. Never found a way to keep the glasses on the bulldogs.

It sounds like you would try and stop me, or punish me thereafter for having worn an AmeriIndian costume.

I'm further assured of your need to stop or punish me by demanding that I forgo commentary you dislike or with which you disagree. Here's a thought, kind of political in nature. Ignore the conversation if you don't like the content. That's your option. Should that be unclear, its a polite way of saying why don't you just **** right on off then and refrain from telling others when, where and what, they can say.

Guys I did not pay SittingSwitch to provide such a timely foil.​
Or I can just say it, and not take your passive aggressive suggestion. I couldn't care less what you wear for Halloween, how old you are, or your political views - so there you have it. Talk about the Hawks and I'm all ears and keyboard.

And, not sure your retort is worth a laugh, let alone money. :)

So your dog is playing the "deplorable human" for Halloween? Aren't you guys cute!

And for the record, I'm sure you're smart enough to grasp that I wasn't really demanding you stop talking politics - because I understand how message boards and freedom works. My opinion was in the form of a statement, not a demand - slight distinction. It was like a "pretty please." And, look above, my "demand" was accompanied by this little word called "please." So all that typing for nothing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Or I can just say it, and not take your passive aggressive suggestion. I couldn't care less what your wear for Halloween, how old you are, or your political views - so there you have it. Talk about the Hawks and I'm all ears and keyboard.

And, not sure your retort is worth a laugh, let alone money. :)

So your dog is playing the "deplorable human" for Halloween? Aren't you guys cute!

And for the record, I'm sure you're smart enough to grasp that I wasn't really demanding you stop talking politics - because I understand how message boards and freedom works. My opinion was in the form of a demand - slight distinction. It was like a "pretty please." Look above, my "demand" was accompanied by this little word called "please." So all that typing for nothing.
You're wasting your breath. He thinks everyone else is wrong and he's right about everything. Insufferable idiot. Best to ignore him.

I have no idea if he would/would not be in rotation. Just repeating what CW said. I would guess (given the lack of returning talent) that XF would be, but I don't go to practice

1. TJ said it was a culmination of several things, not just this incident.
2. My guess is that XF had a sitdown with TJ, gave his side of the story, and TJ decided that even if his story was true, it indicated behavior he didn't want from a player.

• Haha
Reactions: 2432Hawk
Foster is injured, we've known about it for a while before this news broke and that's what the quote was about.

ISU kicked him off the team as soon as chargers were brought. I don't know what you expect them to do before that. If he never gets charged you probably can't kick a guy off the team.
According to the Des Moines Register article, no charges have been filed on Xavier as of today....so?

I don’t know why, but I thought it would be fun to bring up how two years ago Iowa fans were absolutely deflated by the Murray twins’ commitments coupled with the perceived snub job by the much coveted Foster. I kinda remember quite a few Clone fans on here offering their expertise on the serviceability of the twins in comparison to Xavier Foster.

Hmmmm…🤔

Being charged v being the "target of an investigation" are significantly different in terms of the legal process........I thought you knew that by your comment about what we expected them (ISU) to do before he was charged..but, no big deal.

min terms of the legal process yes. In terms of what the basketball program will act, probably no difference

Iowa State's lawyers will have directed their response. In this specific case, especially given the length of time the LEOs have had to gather evidence ISU has more than the publicly known facts.

As Bleeder so aptly noted, we got a potential All Big Ten forward and the Clowns got 40 minutes of productive basketball out of Ex Foster. That is just good clean fun.

But is it really a transfer if you were kicked off the first team?

As Bleeder so aptly noted, we got a potential All Big Ten forward and the Clowns got 40 minutes of productive basketball out of Ex Foster. That is just good clean fun.
I'll gladly admit I was one of the Debby Downers when Foster committed to ISU. All I saw on social media was ISU fans absolutely thrashing our program from their high horse. People talking about how the programs are light years apart and how it is officially a Cyclone State.

Since that day, Iowa has had two of its best bball seasons in the last 15 years and Iowa State has had two of the worst bball seasons OF. ALL. TIME.

The cyclone are living proof: PRIDE TRULY COMES BEFORE THE FALL.

Last edited:
I'll gladly admit I was one of the Debby Downers when Foster committed to ISU. All I say on social media was ISU fans absolutely thrashing our program from their high horse. People talking about how the programs are light years apart and how it is officially a Cyclone State.

Since that day, Iowa has had two of its best bball seasons in the last 15 years and Iowa State has had two of the worst bball seasons OF. ALL. TIME.

The cyclone are living proof: PRIDE TRULY COMES BEFORE THE FALL.
That's good stuff.......I was really bummed about Foster and kind of shocked by the signing of the Murray's at that time. I follow recruiting quite a bit and think I have a good feel for players ability........and boy, this set of circumstances (Foster to ISU & Murray's to Iowa) flipped everything I thought about it on it's head.

As we are in the midst of football season and what could be a VERY special season, I am always trying to keep my emotions in check and realize that things can change in an instant....this is college sports.

All of this mentioned above is why I don't go into any contest thinking it's a slam dunk that the Hawks win....you just never know. I'm a big chicken, I wait until after we won if I am going to do any bragging at all.

I have a friend who is a Nebraska football fan.....always talking big **** about Nebraska (the firggin guy is from central Iowa!) but, I wait until the game is over before I would say anything and then I temper it in anticipation of next year.

In a very long winded way, I'm saying that predicting the success of recruits or current players has to be done with an understanding that a person is making an informed guess at best.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I still maintain that Foster would have had a totally different career outcome if he had come to Iowa under the tutelage of McCaffery. I have no way of knowing that for sure, but it always sounded to me that Moo U was more of a party experience for their players.

In regard to the Murrays', I admit I was shocked at the time, but for me it was because it just seemed to come out of nowhere. I don't follow recruiting that closely, but I hadn't even heard them being on the radar. And yes, I was bummed when Foster signed with the clowns, but that's water under the bridge now. In an alternate universe I can see him having a great career in black and gold.

Last edited:
That's good stuff.......I was really bummed about Foster and kind of shocked by the signing of the Murray's at that time. I follow recruiting quite a bit and think I have a good feel for players ability........and boy, this set of circumstances (Foster to ISU & Murray's to Iowa) flipped everything I thought about it on it's head.

As we are in the midst of football season and what could be a VERY special season, I am always trying to keep my emotions in check and realize that things can change in an instant....this is college sports.

All of this mentioned above is why I don't go into any contest thinking it's a slam dunk that the Hawks win....you just never know. I'm a big chicken, I wait until after we won if I am going to do any bragging at all.

I have a friend who is a Nebraska football fan.....always talking big **** about Nebraska (the firggin guy is from central Iowa!) but, I wait until the game is over before I would say anything and then I temper it in anticipation of next year.

In a very long winded way, I'm saying that predicting the success of recruits or current players has to be done with an understanding that a person is making an informed guess at best.
Humility is good. Things in sports change all the time. Enjoy the successes but don't rub anyone's nose in it because Iowa can easily lose to about anyone in any sport.

I think a lot of Iowa State basketball fans got a little too cocky and now realize that Ames is not the Mecca of college basketball, as Iowa State is always one shit hire away from having Todd Lickliter results, which they have pretty much been getting lately with the exception of last year, as that was way worse than anything that happened during TL's tenure at Iowa. I don't know how their new coach will do, but suffice it to say it's very unlikely they'll even flirt with the type of success Hoiberg had there.

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT