ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster - no longer a Cyclone

I have admitted multiple times when I was wrong. I have no problem with it. Many posters have.

BB you might be the dumbest person I've met on the internet.

You claim I should be ignored but I'm so deep in your head that you take the time to insult me rather than just ignore me, while also taking the time to tell other people to do what you yourself apparently cannot do. You need to go to your Pictionary and maybe you'll find the world "irony", although that might require a junior high level dictionary. Hopefully you have an older sibling that explain it.

Reactions: CookyMonster
Wow, I remember the day Xavier Foster committed to Iowa State and Iowa got boat raced by DePaul (?) that night and this board was complete doom and gloom..

So glad in hindsight Foster picked Iowa State. After Pierre Pierce, yeeeeeah.
We can celebrate that all the way to a 10th place finish in the league this year.

I wonder what’s next for him? Is he flipping burgers now? One would think some school would give him a 2nd chance. Not that I really care, just as long as it’s not Iowa.

Does Fran reach out?
Wouldn't mind him kicking the tires gauge the interest level. Especially with the almost forgone conclusion Keegan is gone. One school I could see trying taking a look at him is another one of his finalist besides Iowa was Baylor. With Scott Drew wouldn't be surprised by this one bit. Just think if he had committed to them over ISU he would have a ring and still be on a team.

Wouldn't mind him kicking the tires gauge the interest level. Especially with the almost forgone conclusion Keegan is gone. One school I could see trying taking a look at him is another one of his finalist besides Iowa was Baylor. With Scott Drew wouldn't be surprised by this one bit. Just think if he had committed to them over ISU he would have a ring and still be on a team.

Might want to wait to find out why the case was dropped.

The kid may deserve a second chance, but it needs to be as far away from Iowa as possible. Even with the charges dropped, the heat Fran would take even if kicking the tires would not be worth it. If Iowa wants to bring in another big next year they can use the portal and chase someone with far less baggage.

Well, it would appear the DNA test came back as negative. SO, what was his involvement? The devil is in the details.
Regardless, I don't want to see Iowa reach out. He had a big-man-on campus attitude before ever landing in Ames. He hangs around the 3 point line and never took advantage of his size in High School. Hell, Bowen Born outplayed him in those Norwalk vs Oskaloosa matchups.
I think he will land at a school outside Iowa, either SEC or Big 12, but will not be welcomed back to Iowa State nor offered again in Iowa.
Someone will give him a fresh start.

Does Fran reach out?

giphy.gif

Reactions: BBHawk
Well, it would appear the DNA test came back as negative. SO, what was his involvement? The devil is in the details.
Regardless, I don't want to see Iowa reach out. He had a big-man-on campus attitude before ever landing in Ames. He hangs around the 3 point line and never took advantage of his size in High School. Hell, Bowen Born outplayed him in those Norwalk vs Oskaloosa matchups.
I think he will land at a school outside Iowa, either SEC or Big 12, but will not be welcomed back to Iowa State nor offered again in Iowa.
Why so long to get test results?

I was under the impression that the results came back positive and that's why he was kicked off the team. No idea why the case was dropped now unless the female dropped the charges.

The kid may deserve a second chance, but it needs to be as far away from Iowa as possible. Even with the charges dropped, the heat Fran would take even if kicking the tires would not be worth it. If Iowa wants to bring in another big next year they can use the portal and chase someone with far less baggage.
Anthony Hubbard. Fran is not above giving a kid a 2nd chance with a questionable past plus Foster only faced allegations unlike Hubbard. Though after that incident maybe Fran is lot more hesitant to do so. Like how KF changed his recruiting after the City Boyz dilemma.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
We wanted him out of high school, why not now? We do seem to be stocked the 4 position but need a 5. Can he be a productive 5? If Fran thinks yes, I think he might be in. Reminds me of Nunge...

We wanted him out of high school, why not now? We do seem to be stocked the 4 position but need a 5. Can he be a productive 5? If Fran thinks yes, I think he might be in. Reminds me of Nunge...
Did you read the article when ISU parted ways with Foster? It sounded like there were other issues and the sexual assault allegations were the icing on the cake. I don't know why anyone would want that in our basketball program.

IMO foster wouldn’t improve our team at all. We lack a solid good sized center, Foster isn’t that, he’s a 7’ pf who plays soft. The BIG would be a bad conference for him to play in, trying to defend in the post with the physicality of the conference bigs. And that isn’t mentioning the off court issues we should want none of.

I was under the impression that the results came back positive and that's why he was kicked off the team. No idea why the case was dropped now unless the female dropped the charges.
It is interesting that the article says he is no longer being viewed as a suspect in the case...but sounds like the case is still open. So either he was able to prove he wasn't the one who assaulted the victim, but he did have his DNA found (consensually with the victim maybe earlier?)…or the DNA wasn't a match or was inconclusive?

When asked what circumstances led to Foster no longer being investigated, Walter said, "the case is still under investigation. Evidence has suggested that (Foster) no longer is a suspect."

So...it sounds like they think there was an assault if the case is being investigated, but he's not a suspect. So...what I don't understand how you name him, or pick him out, if you are the victim reporting the assault...it's not like there are a lot of 6'10" black guys with blond dyed hair that you would have mistakenly ID'ed him...right...???

No longer having any active legal issues is one thing. But as others have noted this apparently wasn't the only concern.
There appears to be enough baggage that it's probably best for him to go elsewhere and have a new start significantly further away, like on one of the coasts.

Reactions: perryhawk
Did you read the article when ISU parted ways with Foster? It sounded like there were other issues and the sexual assault allegations were the icing on the cake. I don't know why anyone would want that in our basketball program.
No, I did not read the article. Other issues could mean a lot of things and some of them might not be a big deal, I don't know. I'm not saying take him without knowing all there is to know but I would guess that Fran knows what he wants.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT