ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Either way, I cant wait to see how much he improved from last season. His freshman year at Osky was pretty raw and relied on his height. I fully expect him to be a huge force for them this year along.

Obviously if he wasnt from Oskaloosa we would not even had heard of him. With Nunge & Garza being seniors it would allow Foster a freshman year of getting settled in.

The Kansas & Duke interest is great but he will need to show improvement before they pull the trigger. Hopefully the fact they are taking a wait and see approach means something to him...while Iowa has offered a long time ago.

The one thing with the blue bloods...you better be good or you can get lost in the roster real quick.

Obviously if he wasnt from Oskaloosa we would not even had heard of him. With Nunge & Garza being seniors it would allow Foster a freshman year of getting settled in.

The Kansas & Duke interest is great but he will need to show improvement before they pull the trigger. Hopefully the fact they are taking a wait and see approach means something to him...while Iowa has offered a long time ago.

The one thing with the blue bloods...you better be good or you can get lost in the roster real quick.

Kansas and Duke typically don't offer until much farther along in the process. They can afford to wait. The fact that he is getting interest from them so early speaks to his potential. Fran did what he had to in being the first to offer. Hopefully that and playing close to home will be a factor.

Oskaloosa is also trying to schedule tougher opponents in the coming years. They play Dub. Wahlert in the Wendy's Classic at Loras College in January, and they play several other better teams also as their schedule ratchets up this year compared to last.

Oskaloosa is also trying to schedule tougher opponents in the coming years. They play Dub. Wahlert in the Wendy's Classic at Loras College in January, and they play several other better teams also as their schedule ratchets up this year compared to last.

Not to mention Osky's in a tough conference already. Norwalk, Grinnell, Pella, Pella Christian etc. He'll be tested for sure.

which is basically what I said.

My only point was that Kansas and Duke don't show interest to just any freshmen. You have to be really really good to even start to get them to follow your progress. The fact that they are showing interest now means he has the chance to be an elite-level talent.

My only point was that Kansas and Duke don't show interest to just any freshmen. You have to be really really good to even start to get them to follow your progress. The fact that they are showing interest now means he has the chance to be an elite-level talent.

the reason they are showing interest is because they dont want to be left out in the cold in case the kid really blows up ... if as you say the kid is ""really really good"" ... why the wait to make an offer?

Reactions: kceasthawk
the reason they are showing interest is because they dont want to be left out in the cold in case the kid really blows up ... if as you say the kid is ""really really good"" ... why the wait to make an offer?

They wait because they can afford to wait to see which prospects continue to grow and which ones fade.

They wait because they can afford to wait to see which prospects continue to grow and which ones fade.

Correct. They wait because they can. Every college coach would wait as long as possible to let guys develop or fall back, but very few (Kentucky, Kansas, Duke) can be late to the offer party and still go to the front of the line. We saw it with Ulis. Calipari could wait until other options didn't materialize, still offer Ulis late in the game and close the deal.

OH they can wait alright..they get the best of the best. In some cases (not all) they can enter the picture much later than others...in Foster's case IF as has been posted is really really good now...I hope Xavier can see who believed in him now.

I understand with some kids it doesnt matter..

the big boys process is sniffing around just in case....I dont believe they are because they think he is really really good...now.

Foster is one of these tall, agile kids with POTENTIAL. The only time I saw him play last year (against Dallas Center-Grimes on video), he didn't start and was pretty tentative. The thought is that the sky's the limit for the kid, but as a freshman he was not as good as Pemsl, Kreiner, McCaffery(s), Uthoff, etc., etc., all of whom were fairly dominant players already by this time. However, if he gets a lot more aggressive, strong and develops a killer shot, who's to say he won't be better than all of them? Let's see how he does against some of the better teams this year. I'm pulling for the kid to really blossom in the next year or so-- and become a Hawkeye.

Reactions: bullbear
Fortunately Foster did not make it to that Hell Hole in Ames for the Iowa game. He is however in CHA all the time.
Wouldn't have been anything he hasn't seen already. Hell, He was barely over a year old the last time Iowa won in Hilton haha

Same reason they showed interest in Peter Jok and then never offered. Because a lot can happen between now and college. The Iowa's of the world have to take a chance that all goes right and it could pay off huge. Duke, Kentucky, UNC, and KU can sit around and wait a while then offer once they decide if they want him or 5 other 5 star kids.

Safe to say Fran not helping his cause this season. Kids want a shot at the NCAA tournament and we are on pace to finish last in the Big Ten. Year 8 and Fran has the program going backwards. Not too hard to recruit against Fran as an opposing coach. "Look, we have guards here that can drive and create for you. Iowa has, well, good soft serve".

If he enjoys having a lunatic scream at him all game long then Fran and the Hawks are a good place for him.

Reactions: Hayes_30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT