ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

Many, many players finish years, even decades later. For example, Martin Rancik did not finish his degree until last December, 17 years after leaving ISU.
I mean in his defense he did play professionally over seas for 15 years and finished school sometime after he retired.

Looking for guys that didn't play out senior seasons and looked quickly. How many transfers in did not play out senior seasons. That might be a more significant indicia of what your pirates are doing.
Here is a list of transfers that finished their eligibility at ISU in the last 15 years:
Shayok, Weiler-Babb, Talley, Beverly, Brase, Burton, Bowie, Holden, Nader, McKay, Dejean-Jones, Kane, Clyburn, Lucious, Booker, Babb, Christopherson, Anderson, Thompson

Here is a list that did not finish their eligibility in Ames:
Kasongo, Cooke, White

So if this list is complete (and it may not be), that is 19 of 22 transfers did finish their time in Ames. One of the three that did not was drafted in the NBA.

Here is a list of transfers that finished their eligibility at ISU in the last 15 years:
Shayok, Weiler-Babb, Talley, Beverly, Brase, Burton, Bowie, Holden, Nader, McKay, Dejean-Jones, Kane, Clyburn, Lucious, Booker, Babb, Christopherson, Anderson, Thompson

Here is a list that did not finish their eligibility in Ames:
Kasongo, Cooke, White

So if this list is complete (and it may not be), that is 19 of 22 transfers did finish their time in Ames. One of the three that did not was drafted in the NBA.
Are you sure of that?

Making up shit doesn't change reality.
And reality would be?
Tell us who else didn't graduate? I honestly want to know.
I was asked to look for players that did not use up their eligibility. I listed those players and whether they did or did not use up their eligibility in Ames. Graduating is a different ball of wax and I am not sure who all did graduate. But I honestly have no clue what I supposedly "made up".

Let's tackle them one at a time.

1. I don't know, probably several. I literally don't care though, and I don't know why anybody would. I like the transfers. I always have. And it's gone on a lot longer than 10-15 years, Tim Floyd recruited a lot of transfers at ISU to great success.

2. Out of the transfers in since the Hoiberg era began, a lot of them graduated beforehand or graduated at ISU. A few got masters degrees. From what I was able to find, every player that transferred in either got a degree, left early for the NBA, or transferred somewhere else while eligible. I don't know what they did after they transferred, however that doesn't have any bearing on ISU at all.

3. Only Michael Jacobson transferred in to ISU as a former Iowan, and that's from Nebraska, so I would say zero transferred in from some distant environment.

4. Don't care about someone's prior issues unless they are violent. Of guys that got in trouble at ISU that were transfers in, You have of course BDJ being a dick to his neighbors. Other than that, I can't think of another one. Maybe you can let me know.

5. Nobody has been ineligible at any point at ISU for a long time.

6. I'm honestly really proud of a lot of the guys that come through ISU. Very happy for the guys that made the most of their second chances when they needed them or the guys that grew and developed from struggling freshman to NBA players. Who shouldn't I be happy for or root for that has come through ISU?
Who is BDJ?

How did this thread about an Iowa Hawkeye recruit turn into transfers and graduation stuff?
FIFY.

And, to answer your question: threads about Iowa recruits usually become derailed when posters, who are fans of other schools or trolls, are either too ignorant or too unintelligent to realize that Iowa fans have no desire to hear their opinions on that given recruit. If Iowa fans did care about the opinions of other teams’ fans, then Iowa fans would either go over to that team’s message board to read them, or they would specifically address that team’s fans and ask them to weigh in.

Unfortunately, some people either can’t resist trolling, or have no respect for other individuals’ wishes. Either way, a tough scene for all involved

Wade, wade, wade. I can stream all cycloneTV productions on my TV's or mobile devices. I wondered if you knew what streaming was.

it sounds like you only want fans of your team to watch them play. Which sounds about right for ISU. Maybe it’s even only ISU alums that get Mediacom.

Reactions: TailgateTom
Yes and No. Some arenas are better than others. CHA has been weak from the beginning
I had season tickets at CHA the first few years it was open (Mrs. LC and I donated to the construction). Mike Hlas of the Cedar Rapids Gazette had the best comment I've heard. He said the fans at Hilton come to rattle their opponents; the fans at Carver-Hawkeye come to rattle their jewelry.

I had season tickets at CHA the first few years it was open (Mrs. LC and I donated to the construction). Mike Hlas of the Cedar Rapids Gazette had the best comment I've heard. He said the fans at Hilton come to rattle their opponents; the fans at Carver-Hawkeye come to rattle their jewelry.

John Lennon like comment...

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I don’t get this train of thought. How is it on Fran? What more is he supposed to do?

Not sure, but he definitely isn't a good recruiter that is for sure.

Foster was an instate kid that grew up a Hawk fan and Fran still can't get him.

I have said this before about an old "blue hair" telling me to be quiet while cheering for the Hawkeyes at Carver Hawkeye.

I don’t get this train of thought. How is it on Fran? What more is he supposed to do?

Using this line of reasoning, a coach should never take any heat for poor recruiting. At least he tried hard.....right?

Agree, I think Fran did all he could with Foster. Fran has his recruiting issues but this isn't one of those times. Sometimes kids just want to go somewhere else.

The fans at Hilton come to boo the refs. The times they get fired up are almost always after "bad calls", and then that carries into some extended yelling while the Clones are in D. I'll give you that the Clone students yell "ooooohhhhhh", while the Iowa students simply don't go to the games.

The fans at Hilton come to boo the refs. The times they get fired up are almost always after "bad calls", and then that carries into some extended yelling while the Clones are in D. I'll give you that the Clone students yell "ooooohhhhhh", while the Iowa students simply don't go to the games.
Just dumb

[QUOTE="
You have truly done one thing perfectly, perhaps without even realizing it. You have illustrated the specific differences between the cultures and fanbases of our two universities. While I'm very proud of our haute couture, feel the sense of elitism with which Hawks view Clones and understand the desperation with which Iowa State seeks the attention that big brother gets, I'd trade some of that pride for a few more wins. So more power to you."[/QUOTE]

I agree with the thoughts behind your full post, the hi-lighted above is why I am NOT proud of Iowa anymore. I graduated years ago, but am not proud of 'trend setting fashions for women' nor our students thinking they are 'elite'. Iowa was a place with friendly down to earth people in the past, but the university is changing all that. Becoming a bunch of snowflakes is not a good thing. (Go ahead and bash me now...)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT