ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Nwankpa?

Throwing random dudes out there is very clearly not the answer.
Yeah, I wish we'd go for actual receivers in the portal than these random walk ons too. He's not a receiver but I don't see why we don't get him some snaps at safety or let him return a kick when the game is in hand. If DeJean or Merriweather would have gotten injured last night when game was over it woulda been a big problem

Reactions: Macbride79
Ah yes, we’re at the point of “play RANDOM PLAYER at WR” now, as if it’s just plug and play.
He is not a random player. He is a five star athlete with very good catching skills. Watch some of his high school film, he can high point a football and has great wheels. For that matter, Dejean's interception last night was the best catch made by the team this year. Using top athletes to improve our WR speed might help.

I remember Hayden using guys off the track team for a few plays each game. It stretched the field.

He is not a random player. He is a five star athlete with very good catching skills. Watch some of his high school film, he can high point a football and has great wheels. For that matter, Dejean's interception last night was the best catch made by the team this year. Using top athletes to improve our WR speed might help.

I remember Hayden using guys off the track team for a few plays each game. It stretched the field.

Great. So he just goes out and lines up. He just runs and tries to get open.

Yeah, I wish we'd go for actual receivers in the portal than these random walk ons too. He's not a receiver but I don't see why we don't get him some snaps at safety or let him return a kick when the game is in hand. If DeJean or Merriweather would have gotten injured last night when game was over it woulda been a big problem
Targeting Isaih Neyor wasn't good enough? Iowa can go after all the transfers they would like on offense, but landing them is an uphill battle.

Give it time. Secondary is friggin amazing and he’s in line behind some dudes. X seems humble enough to realize he’s not more deserving than these guys and his time will come.
Ya we’ll see how amazing after Michigan has their way.

Reactions: CRWash63
Well...if Sebastian Castro played poorly last night I believe it was likely that you would see X in the game at cash. Castro looked like a veteran. He is like a missile against the running game. I was really impressed with him...had a nice break up of a pass over the middle and always seemed to be in great position.

Really happy for him...for he waited his turn and executed when he got the chance. It allows us to get one more athlete with some size on the field too. So, if Roberts is hurt for a long period or someone else goes down...we can plug and play Castro.

Ah yes, we’re at the point of “play RANDOM PLAYER at WR” now, as if it’s just plug and play.

Well he is smart enough to run a sprint fly pattern and at least stretch the defense and I am sure he is really good at high pointing and catching a ball.

If he is fast then do it unless the coaches and he will do a less that 5 game redshirt

Well he is smart enough to run a sprint fly pattern and at least stretch the defense and I am sure he is really good at high pointing and catching a ball.

If he is fast then do it unless the coaches and he will do a less that 5 game redshirt

Because Petras has thrown deep to how many go routes this season? He's totally had time for that, right? And because X can outrun the wideouts that Iowa currently has on offense...? Can you prove that? So much stupid in this thread.

Well...if Sebastian Castro played poorly last night I believe it was likely that you would see X in the game at cash. Castro looked like a veteran. He is like a missile against the running game. I was really impressed with him...had a nice break up of a pass over the middle and always seemed to be in great position.

Really happy for him...for he waited his turn and executed when he got the chance. It allows us to get one more athlete with some size on the field too. So, if Roberts is hurt for a long period or someone else goes down...we can plug and play Castro.

Blastro. Dude can hit.

Um, yes, it is. It's like telling any stranger to the offense to line up wide and execute an assigned play. Do you think he has any understanding or knowledge of Iowa's offense by designated play call?

I think if you played him at a wide receiver position where it was fly pattern, deep post, or a simple comeback pattern, they he could handle it.

You do this kind of stuff when it is really necessary.

And someone posted that he played wide receiver in high school so he has had coaching and practice on how to release from the LOS, which feet to cut of off, and how to position his hands to catch a ball

Because Petras has thrown deep to how many go routes this season? He's totally had time for that, right? And because X can outrun the wideouts that Iowa currently has on offense...? Can you prove that? So much stupid in this thread.
Man you are angry. What is wrong with trying something new or different when the offense is the worst in college football. I guess some people have way less than a half empty glass.

He threw a few to Brecht in the Nevada game and he had no idea how to track and adjust to the flight of the ball.

Castro is the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Continuing to do the same thing is even more clearly not the answer.

This offense will be garbage no matter what so I guess it doesn't really matter.
Doing dumb shit the fans think of isn't the answer either.

Throwing X in for a handful of snaps at WR just to run a few fades or posts is gonna do nothing but tire him out a little bit since opposing DCs are gonna realize he's a DB playing WR, and thus focus all their coverage on the actual receiving threats.

As Buddy Ryan said, "if you listen to the fans, you'll be up there with them." This board proves that on a daily basis.

Man you are angry. What is wrong with trying something new or different when the offense is the worst in college football. I guess some people have way less than a half empty glass.

Because it takes time to implement. A lot of time!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT