I believe I went 5-5 this last week.Game results and contest scores set forth below
Game #2: Iowa vs. Iowa State
1. Iowa failed to score a 1st Half TD in any of their four previous contests (vs. NE, MI, KY, SDSU). Will the Hawkeye offense score a 1st Half TD at home this week?
Yes - LeShon Williams 9 yd TD run, Q1
2. ISU QB Hunter Dekkers completed 25 of 31 passes for 293 yards and 4 TDs in their season opener last week. Will Dekkers throw for more than 225 yards in his first career road start?
No - Dekkers: 184 yards passing (25/38, 1 TD, 2 INTs)
3, Will any player from either team finish with more than 90 yards rushing in this game?
Yes - Brock, ISU - 100 total rush yards on 27 carries
4.. SE Missouri State recorded 15 1st downs vs. ISU in Ames last week. Will the Hawkeyes finish with more than 15 1st downs against the Cyclones at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday?
No - Iowa: 11 total 1st downs (ISU - 21)
5. Will either team hold a lead of 12 or more points at any time in this battle of in-state rivals?
No - largest lead: Iowa 7-0
6. Iowa has a +9 turnover margin advantage over ISU during their 6 game winning streak in this series. Will that margin increase to +10 or more when this year's match-up at Kinnick is finally decided?
No - both teams committed 3 TOs, no increase in TO margin
7. The Hawkeyes and Clones combined for 14 total punts in last year's contest. Will the combined punt total reach at least 14 in this year's match-up?
No - 10 total combined punts (iowa-6, ISU-4)
8. Win or lose, Iowa State still sucks.
Yes - still the Hawkeye state
9. In Iowa's season opener TEs Sam LaPorta (2 catches) and Luke Lachey (1 reception) combined for only 15 total reception yards. Will Iowa TEs produce at least 50 total yards of offense vs. ISU?
Yes - 69 total combined receiving yards (LaPorta-55, Lachey-14)
10. Will both teams combine to score more than 39 points in this contest?
No - 17 total points (Final Score: ISU 10, Iowa 7)
>>>Tie Breaker: predict the total number of pass attempts for Iowa: 26
The 6W streak is over. Iowa's lethargic offense has now become a rich source for comedic material. After the frustration wanes you have to appreciate the humor Hawk fans..... and humor is balm for the troubled soul. Still time to make the steep climb up from the worst offense in college football to merely "bad" - keep the faith!
39 entries, same as last week. Overall scores averaged higher due to the ISU freebie; only 4 finished below .500, yours truly included. But let's face it, the over/under question has been a safe bet as well as Hawk games have finished more than 3 TDs under (!) the Vegas O/U line for both contests this season.
3 contestants - the24fan, GeorgePeeples, and Cougar_80 - all scored 8-2 to tie for top spot this week. The Tie-Breaker (TB=26) then decided it in favor of Game #2 winner GeorgePeeples (TB24) over runner-up the24fan (TB22) and Cougar_80 (TB17).
Bullseye awards go out to JuiceHawk, NorhDSMHawk, Hawktruck, fezzador, and KuwaitHawk for exactly predicting 26 Iowa pass attempts vs. Iowa State.
All scores for this week's contest follow..............
GeorgePeeples, (8-2, TB24), Winner
the24fan, (8-2, TB22), Runner-up
Cougar_80, (8-2, TB17)
Smalltownhawkfan 1, (6-4)
Obviously Oblivious, (6-4)
NEXT UP: Nevada
Have a great week !!