ADVERTISEMENT

YETI coolers, on sale from $199 to $399 this weekend at my local ACE Hardware store

RTIC is pretty much the same and are much cheaper. Check out the comparisons on YouTube

They are most definitely worth it, in terms of how they keep things cool/cold
They have never been worth it, in terms of what they cost

I like that they are made in the US (I've been making a conscience decision to buy American made things) but they simply aren't worth the price.

The Igloo Marine series in nice and cheap some are US made and some not.

I have a Canyon Cooler and I love it. it was a gift from my FIL and it has been amazing.

It also depends on what you are going to be using it for...

They are impressive in their performance but I will never need ice to last four days.

I am sure some do and they probably fill a need.

The beer can holders are also not needed by me. Hand me a beer and I will drink it in a few minutes. I don't need it to stay cold for hours.

Reactions: 91hawki
They are impressive in their performance but I will never need ice to last four days.

The beer can holders are also not needed by me. Hand me a beer and I will drink it in a few minutes. I don't need it to stay cold for hours.
Spot on.

Yes...because thanks to Yeti, until years ago we none of us knew that we needed ice to stay cold in our garage for 9 days.

Yeti is how poor white trash people try to convince people they are anything but. It's a status symbol amongst the yokel class.

Get an Rtic. For your soul.

Reactions: JWolf74

This.

A case of beer at a tailgate rarely last 3 hours, I have no need to keep it cold for 3 days.

Yes they are worth it. When I bought mine there wasn't any competion with Yeti, or at least none that I was aware of. It is ideal for camping when you won't have access to ice for long periods of time. I was at a cabin this weekend with limited fridge space. I iced the cooler Saturday afternoon and had I had any beer left, it would still be cold as there is still a frozen ice pack in it. Hate on haters.

Yes they are worth it. When I bought mine there wasn't any competion with Yeti, or at least none that I was aware of. It is ideal for camping when you won't have access to ice for long periods of time. I was at a cabin this weekend with limited fridge space. I iced the cooler Saturday afternoon and had I had any beer left, it would still be cold as there is still a frozen ice pack in it. Hate on haters.

Your own anecdote shows why they aren't generally "worth it", sounds like you had ice at the end - for no use.

Your own anecdote shows why they aren't generally "worth it", sounds like you had ice at the end - for no use.

Uh, it's worth it for me. We do a bike trip every summer where we set up camp on Friday and on Sunday night after not adding ice all weekend, everything inside is still cold. I'm not saying that I would do the same thing now, but as I said I wasn't aware of any competition when I bought it a few years ago. I camp enough to have already feel like I have gotten my money's worth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT