ADVERTISEMENT

You can only pick 3

Outback delivers my Alice Springs chicken now so I love that.
Cheesecake Factory crusted chicken romano
Applebee’s bourbon street anything

Reactions: cfbfan23
@IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life will dig this thread.

BA5-CEB7-F-E7-F6-498-E-A6-C1-1-DD70-C56618-A.jpg

I’m going with Red Lobster, Chili’s, and Texas Roadhouse.

Which 3 are you picking HROT?
Red Lobster - 2x in my life
Applebee’s - couple times for HH
Olive Garden - 1x
Cheesecake Factory - never
Outback - 1x dine in 1x carry out
Texas Roadhouse - never
Chili’s - never
TGIF - never
Hooters - beers & wings only
BWW - carryout 2x
Melty’s - never heard of it
Ruby Tuesday - never

I’m ok with Hooters for life if I must

Reactions: Moral
Red Lobster - 2x in my life
Applebee’s - couple times for HH
Olive Garden - 1x
Cheesecake Factory - never
Outback - 1x dine in 1x carry out
Texas Roadhouse - never
Chili’s - never
TGIF - never
Hooters - beers & wings only
BWW - carryout 2x
Melty’s - never heard of it
Ruby Tuesday - never

I’m ok with Hooters for life if I must

Very very similar list, Chili's has decent burgers though.

I love how everyone on here plays it off like they never eat at these places.

We really don't. We'll hit BWW periodically, but I haven't been to one in about 2 years. Outback sponsored my middle kid's baseball team probably 6-7 years ago since we ate there. I did Chili's, Applebees and Olive Garden back in 1990s and early 2000s when I was poor. Maybe I'm just lucky and Charlotte has enough good food that I don't have to go to those places.

Hooters because the Daytona wings are actually legit. Applebees because that's the SBWs favorite chain place to eat. Texas Roadhouse for the cinnamon butter bread and music so loud you can't hear yourself think.

Is the cheesecake factory’s cheesecake actually decent? Because I wouldn’t grab an entree from any of those places if I can help it.

My wife and I don’t eat out that much. I have eaten at most of the ones listed but not more than a few times.

same. We enjoy cooking and we’re pretty good at it. So rather than drop $30 a couple times/week on mediocre food, we’ll go someplace with really good food once a month(ish) and spend considerably more. We are quality over quantity restaurant consumers.

Very very similar list, Chili's has decent burgers though.
same. We enjoy cooking and we’re pretty good at it. So rather than drop $30 a couple times/week on mediocre food, we’ll go someplace with really good food once a month(ish) and spend considerably more. We are quality over quantity restaurant consumers.
Same. Of those listed I have been to Applebee’s the most because my in-laws liked their Salads so we ate there when visiting. Next is probably Olive Garden because I loved it so much. In the 90s when I was a teenager. Been to the rest a few times each max. Chose Cheesecake Factory because of the breadth of the menu, red lobster for the seafood (not fresh but these were the choices) and the biscuits, and Texas Roadhouse because they can make a good steak. But, I could not eat at any of them the rest of my life and it would not be changed in the slightest.

Reactions: ping72
Texas Roadhouse; their steaks are pretty good for a low-end steakhouse
Chilis, they have TVs & wings to eat while watching a game, and a menu with a lot of variety
Red Lobster, gotta have a seafood option, even if it is only mediocre

I've never been to a Cheesecake Factory, and I've never even heard of Moltys/Maltys/Meltys (whatever that one is called)

Texas Roadhouse
Buffalo Wild Wings
Olive Garden

I choose these 3 for variety considering I'm only eating these 3 for the rest of my life. . Steaks/ Wings and Burgers/ Italian

Chilis
OG
Cheesecake Factory

Chili’s is the only one of those we go to, though. Their burgers and fajitas are really good.
I might change red lobster to chili’s as I can get seafood at CF but I don’t think fajitas or that blooming onion or whatever it is called there are offered elsewhere.

Cheesecake Factory is enough for me (crusted romano chicken would be my order).

I guess if I had to pick two others, I'd go Buffalo Wild Wings and Outback.

Tough...
-Ruby Tuesday due to garden bar
-Chilis due to sliders
-Applebees due to quesadilla burger and late drink specials

Some honorable mentions: Hooters shrimp poboy, red lobster trout and swordfish with scallops and mashed potatoes, BWW due to beer and sports.

Olive Garden sucked the last time I was there. My appetizer was raw twice. Outback is ok. I've never ate at Cheesecake. Ate at a TGI Friday by Portage,IN and it sucked.
Over in my area. Thanks for not trying to meet up

In the past 4 or 5 years I have maybe been to Outback once (it went out of business here so final time too,) Chili's once, and BWW once. I have never been to Texas Road House because it is always such a shitshow here just glancing at their parking lot.

TRoads blows dude.

Reactions: Moral
Texas Roadhouse; their steaks are pretty good for a low-end steakhouse
Chilis, they have TVs & wings to eat while watching a game, and a menu with a lot of variety
Red Lobster, gotta have a seafood option, even if it is only mediocre

I've never been to a Cheesecake Factory, and I've never even heard of Moltys/Maltys/Meltys (whatever that one is called)
Yeah. Wth is Melty's?

Outback, BW3, Cheesecake Factory.

Anyone who picks a different lineup is a Collie-molesting M1'er.

I love how everyone on here plays it off like they never eat at these places.
In the past couple of years, of the places on this list I have only eaten at Buffalo Wild Wings. I vaguely remember eating at a couple of the others over the past decade or so. I just don't go to places like these.

If I had to choose I would go with: BWW, Outback, and Olive Garden

OG - Stuffed Chicken Marsala
TR - Just because
CF - Huge menu and cheesecake

* RL - Cheddar Biscuits

Cheesecake Factory - for the variety on the menu
Outback - they have better food and variety of craft beer than any other choice here
Applebees - because I'm old and kinda like those guys in Hall Pass.

A few have mentioned frequency of going to the places listed; for me, pre-ChinaTrump Flu:

Go to TexRoad with some regularity - probably once a month
Go to BWW with some regularity, almost always after one of my sons' baseball or soccer games. So during those seasons, at least once a month, maybe more; outside of those seasons, almost never.
Chilis I go to sometimes after playing hoops on Thursday, for beer & chips. Actually eat there maybe 3 or 4 times a year. About the same for Outback.
Thank Ruby It's TuesdayFridays; these two are indistinguishable to me, nothing memorable about either. They have stores right next to each other in the next town over from where I live; maybe go to each of them a couple times a year.
Red & OG, once a year to each with some friends of my wife's family. I think they like them because they're elderly & the mush food is easily digestible for them.
Haven't been to Hooters in 10 years. Been to Applebees 3 times in my whole life.
Never been to Cheesecake, and never heard of Moltys.

Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse and BWW. Admittedly we eat at those restaurants a couple times per year. More BWW due to the boys wanting to go there.

The only one I have been to in the last 10-15 years is Texas Roadhouse. I have never even heard of Melty's

I think the only two I've been to in the last ten years are Ruby Tuesday and Red Lobster. We went to Ruby Tuesday a couple times last year when we felt like just having a salad. It was ok for that, but it closed.

My wife got the hankering to go to Red Lobster for the first time in twenty years, it was literally the first place we ate after COVID restrictions were lifted, which was...strange.

Honestly, it's probably about 50/50 whether I would ever eat in any of these again in my lifetime. I'm not really against (most of) these places, I like to go to Miller's Ale House, and its a similar concept, but these are just not something I do. Maybe I don't travel enough to be stuck with them.

Red Lobster - several times with in-laws, once in the past 20 years
Applebee’s - several times 20+ years ago
Olive Garden - 2x ever, last time with in-laws about 10 years ago
Cheesecake Factory - never been
Outback - 1x ever, with inlaws
Texas Roadhouse - Maybe one time? Not 100% sure I know what this is. I know it exists, but not sure the difference between this an other similar themed places like Longhorn, Western Steer, etc.
Chili’s - Several times, used to think it was ok, last time about 12 years ago because it wasn't good.
TGIF - 1 time ever maybe 30 years ago. Terrible.
Hooters - Two times ever. Last time was a chosen location for a get together about 15 years ago. I will never step foot in again.
BWW - been 2x. Will never eat in one of these again either, the wings are atrocious. I guess I can't rule out meeting someone here for a beer
Melty’s - don't know what this is
Ruby Tuesday - would eat the salad bar here again, but I don't think this still exists

I suppose if I had to choose three it would be Ruby Tuesday, Texas Roadhouse, and Melty's, since I don't know what the latter two are, and I do know the rest of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT