ADVERTISEMENT

You guys who say "Only Vote Democrat" better start voting for the RIGHT one

I like your comment on being conditioned. A great example is when GWB started NCLB and the education community freaked out and stated that education is a state and district issue and the federal govt should stay out.

Obama then changed things a bit with Race to the Top (or whatever it was called) and then when Trump puts Devos in and stated they wanted states and local districts to start calling more of the shots again the education community freaked out. My wife teaches and I have lots of teacher friends and when I ask them why they are not happy about a return of education and curriculum choices at the state level they don't have a good answer outside of getting less federal funding...so essentially the schools get hooked on fed monies and now they need it to "survive" or whatever.

It is such a joke.
Got to keep that Military budget up.

9-12-13sfp_rev5-20-14-f1.png

usgs-defense-budget-history-chart.png

Reactions: DanL53
This sounds like a cop out.

It's the truth. There are a few of us here willing to honestly diagnosis the 2016 election and why it shook out the way it did. Sadly there are many who's egos are too fragile to have discuss this honest evaluation process outside of "the deplorable this, racists that, get on a team, blah blah blah".

If Obama runs in 2016 he runs away from Trump in a landslide victory, Bernie wins convincingly IMO but Hillary lost...why?

Stop blaming the voters and start looking at things deeper and figure out why people voted the way they did otherwise you just sound like bitch Nebraska/Iowa State fans who blame the officials for losing instead of looking in the god damn mirror. So stop being a bitch and own the loss, THEN you can start winning elections again.

JFC you all sound like crybabies, and sounding like a crybaby isn't going to lead to election wins. Work harder, refine the message, relate better = win elections. Blaming American citizens and calling them names = lose more elections.

I can't currently vote for the democrat party bc they are a bunch of ignorant crybabies who lack a spine and won't own their shortcomings bc they are to fragile to even admit them. Good lord, the party is a bunch of pathetic crybaby losers right now, have a little self respect and pick yourself up off the mat or just lay their crying like a 2 year old who just had their sucker taken from them.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
It's the truth. There are a few of us here willing to honestly diagnosis the 2016 election and why it shook out the way it did. Sadly there are many who's egos are too fragile to have discuss this honest evaluation process outside of "the deplorable this, racists that, get on a team, blah blah blah".

If Obama runs in 2016 he runs away from Trump in a landslide victory, Bernie wins convincingly IMO but Hillary lost...why?

Stop blaming the voters and start looking at things deeper and figure out why people voted the way they did otherwise you just sound like bitch Nebraska/Iowa State fans who blame the officials for losing instead of looking in the god damn mirror. So stop being a bitch and own the loss, THEN you can start winning elections again.

JFC you all sound like crybabies, and sounding like a crybaby isn't going to lead to election wins. Work harder, refine the message, relate better = win elections. Blaming American citizens and calling them names = lose more elections.

I can't currently vote for the democrat party bc they are a bunch of ignorant crybabies who lack a spine and won't own their shortcomings bc they are to fragile to even admit them. Good lord, the party is a bunch of pathetic crybaby losers right now, have a little self respect and pick yourself up off the mat or just lay their crying like a 2 year old who just had their sucker taken from them.

He tells me that I need to relate better to voters while telling us that the majority of us are cry babies. Congratulations for winning the ironic post of the year award.

You are, in my case, preaching to the choir. My biggest concern for 2020 is that the segment of the Democratic Party that supported Hillary will want to select another centrist, tied to banks and big money as badly as some on the right.

The battle starts where I said it starts. The primaries. The Progressive Democrats have to assume control of the party. Could use your help.

Reactions: irunlikeAcieEarl
Attitudes like this gave us Trump.
Trump's presence, his rise to popularity in politics, and his ultimate winning of the election came from a helluva lot more than attitudes borne out of critical thinking.

If you possibly can, remove yourself from your heavily, heavily partisan persona and realize that there is accountability for Trump's popularity in many, many facets of our social consciousness. As long as refuse to accept your role in it, then it makes it that much more likely to get an encore. It never ceases to amaze me how people like you immerse yourself into the absolute belief that politics and government is what makes the world go round.

Reactions: unIowa

He tells me that I need to relate better to voters while telling us that the majority of us are cry babies. Congratulations for winning the ironic post of the year award.

I just hate sore losers and right now I know kids that take more responsibility for their own actions than what I see the democrat party is owning up to.

I coach kids sports bit and the last thing we let the kids do is blame the officials or something the other team did that is outside of the rules (they try but we shut that talk down right away), the loss responsibility lies w the team that lost. It wasn't the other teams fault (the racists, bigots and Russia) bc their job was to try and win...just own it and move on.

So yeah, I hate people who don't know how to take a loss and learn from it. Maybe I am just wired in a way that I take on more responsibility for outcomes vs projecting/blaming others around me.

Crybabies? We're not the ones who started this thread crying that "all politicians are crooked" and "both parties are useless." We're the ones advocating using the system as it is designed to try to have the best functioning country possible. We're the ones suggesting that not every politician is crooked, that the system still works even if not perfectly, and that it's best to use your critical thinking skills to distinguish which party and which politicians will do the best job of representing your desires; you're the ones throwing your arms up in the air and crying that the whole system is fixed -- lazily calling both parties and all politicians "equal" and insulting those of us who say there is a difference.

I'm not saying that they don't present themselves to be polarities with each other.

Politics and government lags WAY behind the actual social attitude.

Do you need murder to be illegal so you don't commit murder? DO you need cocaine to be illegal to not go out and become addicted to cocaine?

Now, I understand that social acceptance and forcing people to accept one another, despite our differences, has been pitched to us, from birth, that it MUST go through political and governmental filters in order to be recognized and be officially "accepted" and treated as equal. But, I know that that is simply a conditioned behavioral variable. Making things illegal can actually create laziness. Ideally, we want a population of people who inherently just KNOW that whatever we do to another, we do it to ourselves. So, what we now have is, basically, a totally conditioned mass of people waiting to be told what is "right or wrong.". You believe you "need it" because you don't know any other way. But, deep down, you know you really don't because you can abide by your own conscience and recognize, and act on, what you have determined to serve you, and us, or not serve you, or us.

You are repeating back my points in exactly the opposite manner in which they were made. Yes, politics lags behind social attitude. Which was my argument when you say people like me are looking for government to lead the way. I'm saying we lead the way -- but eventually government has to follow. Because all of the tolerance in the world doesn't allow gay folks to be legally married, serve in the military, or adopt children. Laws are required for those.

I just hate sore losers and right now I know kids that take more responsibility for their own actions than what I see the democrat party is owning up to.
You keep saying this but it doesn't make it true.

Are some dems whining? Sure. So are many cons. Our own President whines almost every day yet I have NEVER seen you call for him to stop whining.

You need to learn about owning up before you start preaching it to every one else.

Counting on govt to "do it for you" is a copout and is the truest definition of not mattering. Voting doesn't really matter, contributing does.
While there is some truth on here, how does your theory work for the following:

- getting gay marriage to be legal
- getting better funded schools (or pretty much anything you want funded)
- growing your local economy
- getting equal rights

I have a family that I provide for and nurture. I have friends and family that I help. I have a community in which I am actively involved. None of that will help change the things I wish to be changed. Voting has more power. Stop whining.

Reactions: artradley
While there is some truth on here, how does your theory work for the following:

- getting gay marriage to be legal
- getting better funded schools (or pretty much anything you want funded)
- growing your local economy
- getting equal rights

I have a family that I provide for and nurture. I have friends and family that I help. I have a community in which I am actively involved. None of that will help change the things I wish to be changed. Voting has more power. Stop whining.

You will impact more people by participating in your local community than you will by working on a national election.

The judicial system gave us gay marriage rights not the political arm.
School funding is done, for the most part, at the local level (as it should be).
We have plenty of example of big govt getting in the way of small businesses and our local and national economy.
Equal rights is something that I do think people should stand up for but, I think, is best accomplished by building momentum and acceptance at an person to person level.

America works best when it utilizes a bottom up and not top down approach to governing.

Reactions: strummingram
You keep saying this but it doesn't make it true.

Are some dems whining? Sure. So are many cons. Our own President whines almost every day yet I have NEVER seen you call for him to stop whining.

You need to learn about owning up before you start preaching it to every one else.

He won. His whining will get him beat, I want him to keep whining.

Any normal person would be done spiking the football and pounding his chest by now...I hope he keeps doing it bc it will lead to his loss even if the democrat party doesn't get their ish together.

You are repeating back my points in exactly the opposite manner in which they were made. Yes, politics lags behind social attitude. Which was my argument when you say people like me are looking for government to lead the way. I'm saying we lead the way -- but eventually government has to follow. Because all of the tolerance in the world doesn't allow gay folks to be legally married, serve in the military, or adopt children. Laws are required for those.

Or just a legal system ruling on the constitutionality of those rights.

I coach kids sports bit and the last thing we let the kids do is blame the officials or something the other team did that is outside of the rules (they try but we shut that talk down right away), the loss responsibility lies w the team that lost. It wasn't the other teams fault (the racists, bigots and Russia) bc their job was to try and win...just own it and move on.

So yeah, I hate people who don't know how to take a loss and learn from it. Maybe I am just wired in a way that I take on more responsibility for outcomes vs projecting/blaming others around me.
not to mention: trump is the exact thing they are crying for in this thread! he cannot be bought. he's neither a dem nor a repub. not a politician. hot babes all around.

You need to pull your head out of your ass if you think it's the Dems who are still hung up on the election.

You need to pull your head out of your ass if you think it's the Dems who are still hung up on the election.

Are you kidding me?

Hillary just comes out with a book blaming almost everyone else (and herself a bit) for losing, Nat keeps calling everyone who didn't vote for Hillary a racist (he isn't alone), Russia keeps getting mentioned as a factor for the outcome, and YET I still don't see many democrat leaders out there talking to the people differently than they did prior to the election. Ok so maybe they are not hung up on the elections ("not my president" and "the resistance" groups suggest otherwise though) but they sure as hell have not adapted and re-branded since then.

You will impact more people by participating in your local community than you will by working on a national election.

The judicial system gave us gay marriage rights not the political arm.
School funding is done, for the most part, at the local level (as it should be).
We have plenty of example of big govt getting in the way of small businesses and our local and national economy.
Equal rights is something that I do think people should stand up for but, I think, is best accomplished by building momentum and acceptance at an person to person level.

America works best when it utilizes a bottom up and not top down approach to governing.
Local involvement is critical. But let's not kid ourselves. Local activism can only go so far if both the state and federal government oppose what you're pushing for. That's why voting for the Dems is so important in the next election. They may have problems but they're not the shitshow the Republicans have dissolved into.

Local involvement is critical. But let's not kid ourselves. Local activism can only go so far if both the state and federal government oppose what you're pushing for. That's why voting for the Dems is so important in the next election. They may have problems but they're not the shitshow the Republicans have dissolved into.

Most of the time when people tell or mandate to you that you only have two options available to you I would suggest telling them to piss off and finding or making door number 3.

Are you kidding me?

Hillary just comes out with a book blaming almost everyone else (and herself a bit) for losing, Nat keeps calling everyone who didn't vote for Hillary a racist (he isn't alone), Russia keeps getting mentioned as a factor for the outcome, and YET I still don't see many democrat leaders out there talking to the people differently than they did prior to the election. Ok so maybe they are not hung up on the elections ("not my president" and "the resistance" groups suggest otherwise though) but they sure as hell have not adapted and re-branded since then.
Newsflash. Hillary holds no official position in the Democratic party anymore. She's a private citizen.

Meanwhile Trump still talks about the election on a daily basis. He's obsessed with it.

Reactions: srams21
@unIowa, I still don't see how abdicating the responsibility to manage our Federal Government (and yes, we still manage it) is going to help matters.

Nor do I see how an obviously informed individual such as yourself can take the time to understand issues, but won't try to change them.

I have to believe this is an exercise in describing the real problems we have in our electoral processes. And between Citizens United and the long process of earning favor among fellow party members, I agree that finding an independent thinking WELL INTENTIONED (leaves Trump out) politician is very hard.

But I'd still remind that we just had one in Bernie Sanders and he gave Hillary quite a run for her money.

And, at the very least, I think you will agree that even if most of our politicians have ties to special interests, when it comes to international issues there is a big difference between a statesman and a saber rattling fool who could get us into a huge conflict.

I'm going to accept that your views work for you and nothing I say is going to change your mind. I just hope that someday, when you see the opportunity to change things on a national level, you will take it.

Reactions: artradley
Newsflash. Hillary holds no official position in the Democratic party anymore. She's a private citizen.

Meanwhile Trump still talks about the election on a daily basis. He's obsessed with it.
oh so now you guys just wash your hands of her?

Most of the time when people tell or mandate to you that you only have two options available to you I would suggest telling them to piss off and finding or making door number 3.
Door number 3 has NEVER won or even come close.

Stop whining about it.

@unIowa, I still don't see how abdicating the responsibility to manage our Federal Government (and yes, we still manage it) is going to help matters.

Nor do I see how an obviously informed individual such as yourself can take the time to understand issues, but won't try to change them.

I have to believe this is an exercise in describing the real problems we have in our electoral processes. And between Citizens United and the long process of earning favor among fellow party members, I agree that finding an independent thinking WELL INTENTIONED (leaves Trump out) politician is very hard.

But I'd still remind that we just had one in Bernie Sanders and he gave Hillary quite a run for her money.

And, at the very least, I think you will agree that even if most of our politicians have ties to special interests, when it comes to international issues there is a big difference between a statesman and a saber rattling fool who could get us into a huge conflict.

I'm going to accept that your views work for you and nothing I say is going to change your mind. I just hope that someday, when you see the opportunity to change things on a national level, you will take it.
nobody took bern seriously at all , including dems

And the very inner workings of the democrat party was working against him the whole time in favor of Hillary. How can you vote for that sort of corruptions within your own party...they need to be punished and humiliated for their actions and if it means four years of a infant in the executive office then it will be a lesson well worth it if the democrat party gets their act back together...sadly I don't think they have received a loud and clear message that the voting public gave them. They didn't in the primaries and they didn't in the general elections, dumbest group of "smart people" I have ever seen.

Reactions: strummingram
Nat keeps calling everyone who didn't vote for Hillary a racist (he isn't alone)

I don't recall him ever saying that. That is a pretty big accusation. Surely, you can quote him or others saying that. Otherwise, stop lying.

Russia keeps getting mentioned as a factor for the outcome

They are a possible factor. Let the Mueller investigation take its course and we will see what, if any role they played.

YET I still don't see many democrat leaders out there talking to the people differently than they did prior to the election.

WTF does this even mean? Be very specific.

Also, have someone like Trump elected should throw up red flags everywhere to democrats (and republicans) that the power and scope of both the executive office and the federal govt needs to have tight constraints wrapped around them/it BUT in 2020 when a democrat takes power they will do no such thing as it will be there time to "get back at" mean old Trump and do to him what he is doing to Obama's legacy/policies. It is all so childish.

trump just did. he was door number three for sure.
Exactly. And how did he win?

By becoming an R and gaining entry through the system. Same way Bernie had to do it. Which proves @naturalmwa point and discredits @unIowa and @strummingram

You cannot win via third party and therefore cannot impact change nearly as much. Period. Full stop.

Disclaimer: This does not mean I am against voting third party. It just is reality.

what dems in this thread forget is this: the whole reason this fake Russia thing is happening, the whole entire reason Colbert goes on TV every nite trying to destroy trump, the whole entire reason hills goes around writing books saying she shall challenge, the whole entire reason for bern being the fall guy, the entire reason of the poon grab, the entire reason of the impeachment talk is this: these people are deluded into thinking they can get rid of trump and get hills in, in 2017, right now, she can get in. period. they are forgetting about pence.

Exactly. And how did he win?

By becoming an R and gaining entry through the system. Same way Bernie had to do it. Which proves @naturalmwa point and discredits @unIowa and @strummingram

You cannot win via third party and therefore cannot impact change nearly as much. Period. Full stop.

Disclaimer: This does not mean I am against voting third party. It just is reality.
trump still has never become an "R" and they certainly don't like him- for sure. I have heard Mueller is an R.

Not sure why you think voting 3rd party is a realistic choice? Thousands voted for Nader which got Bush elected. You need to be very careful how you play this card.

I don't recall him ever saying that. That is a pretty big accusation. Surely, you can quote him or others saying that. Otherwise, stop lying.

They are a possible factor. Let the Mueller investigation take its course and we will see what, if any role they played.

WTF does this even mean? Be very specific.
nat has called me "Russian" and others "fascist" a lot on here. I just laugh it off. he may have gone on the racist binge, he certainly thinks being gay is equivalent to race. in a civil rights sort of way.

And the very inner workings of the democrat party was working against him the whole time in favor of Hillary. How can you vote for that sort of corruptions within your own party...they need to be punished and humiliated for their actions and if it means four years of a infant in the executive office then it will be a lesson well worth it if the democrat party gets their act back together...sadly I don't think they have received a loud and clear message that the voting public gave them. They didn't in the primaries and they didn't in the general elections, dumbest group of "smart people" I have ever seen.

Both the Dems and Reps advanced poor candidates. Punishing one favors the other. And I have just a little too much self-preservation in me to not have tried to keep that Con Man and White Collar Criminal Donald Trump out of the White House.

The facts were right in front of us before the election. All the lawsuits, the unpaid laborers, the heavy handed treatment of people will far less power than he, the humiliation of people he didn't like....

In my opinion this was no time to address the favoritism of the DNC as compared to Candidate Trump. And I'd remind, even Bernie realized that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT