ADVERTISEMENT

Zadick rumor

Look for Ramos to be the guy Dresser hires

Interesting . . . and thought-provoking.

Would a Ramos-Metcalf pairing on the coaching staff be cohesive, personality-wise? Seems like Ramos is more of a talker, while Metcalf is more of an "action speaks louder than words" type. St. John also seems like more of the latter personality. But then Dresser . . . :eek:

And from a professional pride standpoint -- both Ramos and Metcalf are currently "Volunteer Assistant Coaches" @ their respective programs. Hypothetically, who would slot into Zadick's position (Associate Head Coach)? Is there any scenario that works other than Metcalf bumping up in rank, with Ramos filling his vacated role @ Volunteer Assistant? And would that be attractive to Ramos? I just couldn't see Metcalf being ok with Ramos coming in and grabbing a higher position right off the bat.

I think Ramos is sitting in a better position where he currently sits. The clones are still a dumpster fire, and it is far from being put out.
Ramos would be foolish to go to ISU. Career killing move, imo.

BTW. ..I'm in their head. Just read Clone forum and again I was accused of posting there.:p:p:p

My mind went to Ramos as well but then I realized how thin in experience that would leave the staff. Zadick was the #1 assistant due to his experience. He was a major part of planning and running their practices. Would be too green of a staff, IMHO.

All this is if true, of course. The timing would be very odd with classes starting soon.

My mind went to Ramos as well but then I realized how thin in experience that would leave the staff. Zadick was the #1 assistant due to his experience. He was a major part of planning and running their practices. Would be too green of a staff, IMHO.

All this is if true, of course. The timing would be very odd with classes starting soon.
Sounds to me like the fan base is splintering and the die hards are having a difficult time defending Dresser after the mixed results.

Reactions: Dagboi
All I know is that with all of our recent recruiting success of the past few years and who is the major force behind it, Tom Brands is looking pretty f*cking smart right now regardless if it is true or not.

And there will be a lot of people apologizing in a few years for second guessing Tom & Morningstar. VERY impressed with Tom’s ability to reflect on what he was doing wrong & right in Recruiting , & make adjustments.

Keep em coming!

Where are you hearing any of this? Never heard anything like that from the “fan base”.
When Dresser was taking early criticism the long time fans were preaching patience . After the chaotic exodus of so many wrestlers and the ugly episode with Storr, Dresser appeared to lose defenders. Now...there aren't many defending him and there appears to be more of the "why can't we get commitments from elite kids" concerns.

I was among those that sensed KD would have a very difficult time getting kids to Ames. It looks like I was right. :);)

Imo, iowa state is nowadays very disadvantaged due to their lack of conference rivalries. I am not saying that is the only obstacle that they may face, but it is a biggie.

For the overall good of d1 wrestling I really hope that they can build back up to something respectable...all the while getting beat by the hawks every year.

Imo, iowa state is nowadays very disadvantaged due to their lack of conference rivalries. I am not saying that is the only obstacle that they may face, but it is a biggie.

For the overall good of d1 wrestling I really hope that they can build back up to something respectable...all the while getting beat by the hawks every year.

Hasn’t really hurt Okie State

I think they are the exception and they are led by a multi-time world champion...that would put them in a better place than ISU. It would be far better IMO if the old Big 8 or Big 12 had a roster full of strong teams.
Yeah, another conference like the Big 10 would be amazing for wrestling. The NCAA tourney would be insane to watch.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Ramos would be foolish to go to ISU. Career killing move, imo.

Unless for some reason, as several on this board have argued, Dresser doesn't get it done in Ames. They would need to hire someone if that happened. Fwiw, I still think Dresser gets it done

When Dresser was taking early criticism the long time fans were preaching patience . After the chaotic exodus of so many wrestlers and the ugly episode with Storr, Dresser appeared to lose defenders. Now...there aren't many defending him and there appears to be more of the "why can't we get commitments from elite kids" concerns.

I was among those that sensed KD would have a very difficult time getting kids to Ames. It looks like I was right. :);)
I know I probably shouldn’t feed the troll here but... Do you actually believe half the crap you spew? I like how you post like you have the inside scoop with the cyclone fans. I’m by no means a ISU fan but good lord, give the man some time to develop his program.

I know I probably shouldn’t feed the troll here but... Do you actually believe half the crap you spew? I like how you post like you have the inside scoop with the cyclone fans. I’m by no means a ISU fan but good lord, give the man some time to develop his program.
Must bug the shit out of ISU fans that I can see things, objectively, that Clone followers don't. From the day KJ was hired to the present day cluster#&$@, my observations have been pretty accurate.

Regarding the current rumor...I don't really care what happens with MZ. ISU wrestling is no threat to Hawkeye success. It certainly is looking like Pollard made a very expensive mistake hiring the current staff.

Must bug the shit out of ISU fans that I can see things, objectively, that Clone followers don't. From the day KJ was hired to the present day cluster#&$@, my observations have been pretty accurate.

giphy.gif

Reactions: DirkTang1
It's been ONE YEAR.
Which reminds me. ..did you really expect fans to believe there was no connection in David Carr coming to ISU and his old man getting a gig with the AmesRTC?

Did dresser not call your mom back? He’s been there ONE year. We all watched with glee as KJ drove that clown-colored bus right into a retention pond.

Considering what Dresser did at VT, it would be far more surprising if he failed than not return ISU to a semblance of its glorious past.

And who cares about how many kids left? None of them were workers - KJ recruited talented FS kids that can’t wrestle on the mat or come to practice consistently.

Last edited:
I personally think ISU was doomed after Carl left for PSU- never looks good when you can’t even keep your own alum as HC and different than Hoiberg because he went to NBA. At the time it was a lateral move for Carl, obviously a smart move on his part. PSU was sleeping giant (soon to be former giant with Iowa’s momentum) all the talent in state is ridiculous!
(Begin sarcasm)-Not mention the good fortunes of so many good wrestlers who are willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars to wrestler there paying out of state tuition (or even in state), rich uncles and ROTC. Carl is a genius and runs a completely 100% legit program, it’s the PSU way! Morality, high values and integrity are historically present in Happy Valleys athletic programs (warning)(Warning) EXTREME SARCAsM ALERT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT