ADVERTISEMENT

Elunatic--Tesla going down the toilet

“CCTV News Broadcast: Premier Li Qiang met with Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

Premier Li Qiang stated: Tesla's development in China can be considered a successful example of Sino-American economic and trade cooperation. The facts have shown that equal cooperation and mutual benefit are the most in line with the fundamental interests of both countries. It is hoped that the United States will move more in the same direction as China, follow the strategic guidance of the heads of state of both countries, and promote the continuous and stable development of Sino-American relations.

China's super-large market will always be open to foreign-funded enterprises. China will always honor its commitments and continue to work hard in expanding market access and strengthening service guarantees, providing foreign-funded enterprises with a better business environment and more robust comprehensive support, allowing companies from all countries to invest in China with confidence and peace of mind.

Elon Musk stated that the Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory is Tesla's best-performing factory, thanks to the hard work and wisdom of the Chinese team. Tesla is willing to further deepen cooperation with the Chinese side to achieve more mutually beneficial results.”

It seems like leaking these kinds of ‘probes’ deserves its own investigation, when you can move the stock price like that.
You know there were some traders on the wrong side of that leak, and some on the right side.

Genuine question: when a CEO hypes a product, is that merely aspirational, or does it somehow become a contract deliverable, because the CEO said it out loud?

Haven’t seen this prosecuted, so I’m trying to understand the legal theory behind it.

Elon constantly does things to impact stock price and gets away with it, so why not? As for Tesla, I do know that a lot of people are turned off by Elon and have moved away from their Tesla. I do think he's done some damage with his antics in recent years which does seem like bad business. I've driven Model 3s, Xs and Ys. All are fine and have good qualities, but the build has issues with gaps, the doors feel hollow and cheap and the interiors are very plasticky and cheap. I've experienced the Lucid and it blows away Tesla. Build seems much better and the interior is like that you'd find in any high-level European car. They drive really well, better range and have the burst/zip that Tesla's have... but the regenerative braking seems much smoother. Looking forward to seeing their SUV in the wild later this year and their $40k-ish model in 2025.

Genuine question: when a CEO hypes a product, is that merely aspirational, or does it somehow become a contract deliverable, because the CEO said it out loud?

Haven’t seen this prosecuted, so I’m trying to understand the legal theory behind it.
How about when you officially call it “Full Self-Driving”?

I’ve thought for a couple years now this name is the problem.

mr-bill-oh-no.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch

These Teutonic Treehuggers don’t want you to have an EV:

Disrupt says on its website that “electric cars are not the solution” to phase out carbon-emitting combustion engines.

“When producing an electric car, the consumption of resources creates an enormous ecological footprint and thus further drives the global climate catastrophe,” the group says, pointing to the environmental damage caused by the mining of lithium, a key metal in EV batteries.

These Teutonic Treehuggers don’t want you to have an EV:

Disrupt says on its website that “electric cars are not the solution” to phase out carbon-emitting combustion engines.

“When producing an electric car, the consumption of resources creates an enormous ecological footprint and thus further drives the global climate catastrophe,” the group says, pointing to the environmental damage caused by the mining of lithium, a key metal in EV batteries.
MB makes great EV's. Why the hell would I buy Tesla?

Tesla vehicles don't keep their value. Lots of bargains to be had.

How about when you officially call it “Full Self-Driving”?

I’ve thought for a couple years now this name is the problem.
Will be interesting to hear what Tesla does with its $2 million investment in LiDAR sensors from Luminar. You know, the tech Elon has admonished as a “crutch” for autonomous driving.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Will be interesting to hear what Tesla does with its $2 million investment in LiDAR sensors from Luminar. You know, the tech Elon has admonished as a “crutch” for autonomous driving.
I was in Scottsdale recently and the Waymo's are all over the place. It's weird seeing a car without anyone behind the wheel, but they seem to have those working well. FSD was supposed to be the future, but looking like LiDAR has passed Telsa up and could win the race.

Only a decade. Probably the same time Boeing's Starliner launches ;)
I remember an interview with 60 minutes. They had a mash up of his claims of only being a year away from perfecting self driving. Wasn’t a short clip either.

No tweets about the additional layoffs at Tesla? Screen cap of the “cold” email notifying the employee it’s their last day?

NVIDIA Sr. Research Manager & Lead of Embodied AI. Stanford PhD

“But Tesla is spinning an unparalleled data flywheel that could scale far beyond.”

What does unparalleled mean? I forget.

Tesla FSD drove the entire way from underground garage to home after a Toronto FC game last night... (~50 minute drive). Check out the bold moments below!

this is insane in a good way @elonmusk

0:05 underground parking escape success
0:34 Liberty Village night traffic
2:00 super narrow and backed up road 🤯
4:00 left a gap for traffic to flow - very nice
5:35 truck driver cuts in & FSD handles it perfectly
6:02 Highway merge (QEW)
8:00 Highway interchange
9:38 Highway interchange 2
11:50 Highway exit

@ICannot_Enough @WholeMarsBlog @28delayslater @SawyerMerritt @niccruzpatane @DriveTeslaca @Tesla @Tesla_AI @aelluswamy

This interview is long and conducted in Chinese so i hope you can read subtitles for long periods of time.

Former Tesla Autopilot software engineer explains Tesla’s approach and why they are so far ahead of everyone else when it comes to FSD.

I saw one of those Tesla trucks in Ames today for the first time. Trust me, it looks more stupid in person than online. I felt embarrassed for the owner

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT