ADVERTISEMENT

last 3 to finish the 2016 class

I'm not normally a pessimist, but does anyone else have any worries about Moore's size, and what it means for his ability to play in the Big 10?

On the one hand, his success in playing at a high level in Chicago is a good sign that he can withstand very good competition. And no doubting his speed, just from the video I saw. But 5"9, 5"10-ish point guards are going to have a much tougher time making it in the league that guys in the 6"1-6'2 category.

Maybe my opinion is clouded by seeing Dickerson's struggles last year.

1) You should not be concerned about Moore's size. 2) Dickerson's struggles last year had nothing to do with his size.

I'm not normally a pessimist, but does anyone else have any worries about Moore's size, and what it means for his ability to play in the Big 10?

On the one hand, his success in playing at a high level in Chicago is a good sign that he can withstand very good competition. And no doubting his speed, just from the video I saw. But 5"9, 5"10-ish point guards are going to have a much tougher time making it in the league that guys in the 6"1-6'2 category.

Maybe my opinion is clouded by seeing Dickerson's struggles last year.

I wouldn't say that I have no worries at all, but I think that they are lessened by the success that Tyler Ulis had at Kentucky last year. I am not saying that Ulis and Moore are the same player, because I think Moore is a better scorer and not quite as much of a point guard. But talent is talent, and I think that Moore is talented enough to play at his size. Hopefully at Iowa.

I wouldn't say that I have no worries at all, but I think that they are lessened by the success that Tyler Ulis had at Kentucky last year. I am not saying that Ulis and Moore are the same player, because I think Moore is a better scorer and not quite as much of a point guard. But talent is talent, and I think that Moore is talented enough to play at his size. Hopefully at Iowa.

I'll admit my opinion is also shaped by the fact that Moore looks like he's about 12 years old.

140 lbs, soaking wet?

But if he can play -- and the coaches have surely evaluated him to the hilt -- bring him to Iowa City.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT