ADVERTISEMENT

Max Dean in Portal

Are you sure you still have the anti-bodies? My symptoms appeared June 29th. In February I participated in a study by my state's health department - I no longer had any anti-bodies. Getting my 2nd Pfizer shot on the 22nd.
Your antibodies may have been below level of detection--(dependent on chemical methods used). You most likely have them (IgM are chronic ..... IgG are acute and gone by now) but they are below detection levels Regardless, it is your T cell immunity that is most important in repeat fighting viruses and that memory is stored and kept in your thymus. Antibodies are like bullets, T cells are like tanks, planes and ships.

Unfortunately alcohol inhibits your t cell immunity----Say it isnt so !!!!!

The covid hyperinflammatory state effects the vasculature giving symptoms in any organ. Not everyone gets the hyperinflammation and we dont know why. It is MORE common in people with low Vitamin D. Most recommend 3,000 IU a day especially if you live in the north. Anti inflammatories like lipid soluble ibuprofen, inhaled corticosteroids are very helpful if given early . Immune modulators besides steroids have been constantly reviewed to look for alternatives but politics poisoned that research effort. Most healthy people die of blood clots. Blood thinners are CRITICAL due to the vasculitis. It is caused by the virus entryway in the blood vessels via the ace2 receptor which are common in blood vessels. Aspirin helps but full anticoagulation is recommended if patients become hypoxic or require hospitalization.

I did stay in a Holiday inn last night.

Your antibodies may have been below level of detection--(dependent on chemical methods used). You most likely have them (IgM are chronic ..... IgG are acute and gone by now) but they are below detection levels Regardless, it is your T cell immunity that is most important in repeat fighting viruses and that memory is stored and kept in your thymus. Antibodies are like bullets, T cells are like tanks, planes and ships.

The covid hyperinflammatory state effects the vasculature giving symptoms in any organ. Not everyone gets the hyperinflammation and we dont know why. It is MORE common in people with low Vitamin D. Most recommend 3,000 IU a day especially if you live in the north. Anti inflammatories like lipid soluble ibuprofen, inhaled corticosteroids are very helpful if given early . Immune modulators besides steroids have been constantly reviewed to look for alternatives but politics poisoned that research effort. Most healthy people die of blood clots. Blood thinners are CRITICAL due to the vasculitis. It is caused by the virus entryway in the blood vessels via the ace2 receptor which are common in blood vessels. Aspirin helps but full anticoagulation is recommended if patients become hypoxic or require hospitalization.

Could you repeat the stuff about the thing? Ha!

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on the truthfulness of what you wrote, because it appears articulate from this dummies perspective, and frankly I didn't understand most of it because medical expertise isn't my thing.

All that said, the thing that really caught my attention was the alcohol inhibitor statement, which just lead me down the road of.........I'm F'ed. Ha!

Could you repeat the stuff about the thing? Ha!

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on the truthfulness of what you wrote, because it appears articulate from this dummies perspective, and frankly I didn't understand most of it because medical expertise isn't my thing.

All that said, the thing that really caught my attention was the alcohol inhibitor statement, which just lead me down the road of.........I'm F'ed. Ha!
Well. move over cuz I am on that road too.....IMO a traffic jam!

Well. move over cuz I am on that road too.....IMO a traffic jam!

LOL! Truth is I don't drink that much day to day anymore, but I reserve the right to change at a moment's notice if I feel a change of direction is warranted!

Reactions: armbartilt
LOL! Truth is I don't drink that much day to day anymore, but I reserve the right to change at a moment's notice if I feel a change of direction is warranted!
No worries guys, I'm good with math and have you covered. I quit drinking over 30 years ago (correlated with my experiences in Iowa City). So on average (the math part), our collective T-cell immunity should be fine. You're welcome.

Are you sure you still have the anti-bodies? My symptoms appeared June 29th. In February I participated in a study by my state's health department - I no longer had any anti-bodies. Getting my 2nd Pfizer shot on the 22nd.
Recently saw where they tracked down some people who had caught the 1918 flu back in the day. Yes, they are over 100 years old. Checked their blood and they still had antibodies to that virus. They were amazed that the immune system was still vigilant after 100 years.

I don't drink - so that's a good thing, and tomorrow I get my 2nd Pfizer shot.

No worries guys, I'm good with math and have you covered. I quit drinking over 30 years ago (correlated with my experiences in Iowa City). So on average (the math part), our collective T-cell immunity should be fine. You're welcome.
Sounds like we may have some common ground. I haven’t drank for 30 years either. It seemed like every time I drank, I broke out in handcuffs.

Great post, except that part about alcohol inhibiting t-cell immunity, I'm doomed. Unfortunately it will be lost on a substantial number of posters on this board.

Reactions: armbartilt
Guess Brooks could take a redshirt. Which is fine, it makes them a weaker team next year. And Brooks to 97 and dean at 84 isn’t any better than Brooks/Bread. Max Dean isn’t a lock to win 184 or something. Brooks at 184 is a pretty solid favorite. At 197, maybe? Just don’t see that much of a difference in the team race for us.

Don't think so. I think the big driver is that he got beat up by Foca at last chance, who looks way too big for 174 now. With Darmstadt up at 197, he doesn't have a spot. I think Foca is going to be a hammer. He's so dynamic.

Almost 0% chance of it happening, but Iowa would be a good fit style wise and he would be a good addition to the RTC.
Foca will be top 5 next year he is that good!!!

Slush fund working overtime. May he do as well as Kyle Conel did there. Beard is probably really excited to possibly get sent to the bench after giving up what was likely a big chunk of money to go to NW and then grey shirting and red shirting being an AA and....... At least he has Nevills to keep him company in the discard pile.

Slush fund working overtime. May he do as well as Kyle Conel did there. Beard is probably really excited to possibly get sent to the bench after giving up what was likely a big chunk of money to go to NW and then grey shirting and red shirting being an AA and....... At least he has Nevills to keep him company in the discard pile.
And on top of that beard was an aa and has been in state college for 3 years already.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Too different Breeds. Nelson has no choice. Just like dean won’t with brooks at 84
That was my point. I certainly wasn't implying Nelson is good at 84. To the contrary, I am agreeing with your statement and using Nelson as an example. At 74, I bet Nelson is pretty damn tough, at 84 he's a little above average wrestler. Dean would struggle to be nearly as effective at 97.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Guess Brooks could take a redshirt. Which is fine, it makes them a weaker team next year. And Brooks to 97 and dean at 84 isn’t any better than Brooks/Bread. Max Dean isn’t a lock to win 184 or something. Brooks at 184 is a pretty solid favorite. At 197, maybe? Just don’t see that much of a difference in the team race for us.
Oh

Reactions: el dub
I really don't see this as that big of a deal. I think other than depth this is basically a sideways move for *%n St. I see Beard as a 4th-8th place finisher and Dean about the same. Maybe he squeaks out a place or two over Beard, but that is about it. Who knows, maybe Beard beats him out even for the spot. Plug and play guys out of the portal to replace their low AA in the last couple years hasn't been much gain if any in the last couple years IMO.

I really don't see this as that big of a deal. I think other than depth this is basically a sideways move for *%n St. I see Beard as a 4th-8th place finisher and Dean about the same. Maybe he squeaks out a place or two over Beard, but that is about it. Who knows, maybe Beard beats him out even for the spot. Plug and play guys out of the portal to replace their low AA in the last couple years hasn't been much gain if any in the last couple years IMO.
This move makes them the favorite for 22-23 year.

I just wanted to participate in the COVID thread. Riddle me this. I have been tested weekly since April of 2020. No tests have been positive. The blood donation tests monthly have shown that I have high concentrations of antibodies, So, am I a carrier, just happily spreading virus particles where ever I go, or am I just constantly fighting off the virus with no symptoms or germs, or is Griffith going to Oregon State and Dean to Cal Poly and I am just having a bad reaction to the premonition of those moves?

Let the experts chime in.

Dean would compete for a National Title obviously. I don't see Beard doing that.

I just wanted to participate in the COVID thread. Riddle me this. I have been tested weekly since April of 2020. No tests have been positive. The blood donation tests monthly have shown that I have high concentrations of antibodies, So, am I a carrier, just happily spreading virus particles where ever I go, or am I just constantly fighting off the virus with no symptoms or germs, or is Griffith going to Oregon State and Dean to Cal Poly and I am just having a bad reaction to the premonition of those moves?

You are the one who first brought covid to US, so before testing. But you still have antibodies, even if no active infection.

Everyone is going to PSU.

These were not hard questions.

They are grabbing recruit after recruit after recruit after recruit after recruit after recruit after recruit after recruit.....after recruit. This with only 9.9 scholarships.

"Oh, they just want to be part of the program and be with the best".........I call..........BULLSHIT!

With the recent recruits and now Dean, they have 19 guys who were top 20 P4P recruits. Slush fund isn't the proper term. It's way more than that.

You seriously think Max Dean is going to leave a FREE year of Cornell education in order to go pay his way to wrestle for penn st? Are you serious? He's going to forfeit $60,000 and a degree from Cornell just so he can be in the presence of Cael?

NO. F**KING. WAY.

THE HERMENATOR

You are NOT a carrier. You obviously had Covid at some time prior to getting tested and that explains why you have tested negative to Covid tests. You are immune! You should still get the vaccine, but may need only one shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT