ADVERTISEMENT

MIDLANDS SESSION 3

This is the best wrestling board with the most knowledgeable people in the sport. That's why I'm here. Not here to stir up trouble. I'm only stating the same observations that I make about unnecessary post-match antics that many others are making on other boards. Point is the TNT in your face, I'm not gonna take it shtick is getting old. Gilman can't graduate soon enough.

I don't know what kind of wrestling shape Tsirtsis is in, but anytime you can score 11 on him, you're doing something.

Tsirtsis is wrestling unattached this year correct?

Yes. Had TShirt like wins coming into the semis

This is the best wrestling board with the most knowledgeable people in the sport. That's why I'm here. Not here to stir up trouble. I'm only stating the same observations that I make about unnecessary post-match antics that many others are making on other boards. Point is the TNT in your face, I'm not gonna take it shtick is getting old. Gilman can't graduate soon enough.
will someone ban this idiot please!!!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Wait - I thought Taylor went on to win 2 NCAA titles and 2 Hodge Trophies. To date, Gilman has neither and lost his chance at a Hodge with his piss-poor effort today.
He did, but on his way to 4 of both he got stuck by some unknown dude named Bubba and another kid he's 0-20 against. Kid named Snake, brake, cake, something like that.

Wayment...how do you know a deep dive history of serial killer's personal lives MML? ;)

I agree...By the grace of God can we just not post the Chomo's name and stuff...especially in comparison to whether a wrestler is a cheap shot guy or not? No need to go noo-clear on a PSU fan every time they put one of our guys down. Now...a good bunker buster works pretty well...maybe even a well timed sniper shot. But yea...no more Chomo talk.
Good question Chief,I actually googled most evil men in Iowa history thinking there had to be somebody in that state close to the evil of that asshole., Full disclosure, I only found out they lived there at one point...not anything else..lol

Reactions: Azchief32
Good question Chief,I actually googled most evil men in Iowa history thinking there had to be somebody in that state close to the evil of that asshole., Full disclosure, I only found out they lived there at one point...not anything else..lol
Iowa keeps the population low for that reason and many others, all of which are good IMO. The more people you have the more dumbasses you're going to have, and they don't get equally offset by the "genius" crowd. Not even remotely close.

Reactions: manmythlegend1
Is it me or are Gilman's post match antics just getting ridiculous at this point? He is a 5th year senior and team leader. Is it too much to ask him to lead by example? No one else in the country acts as consistently dickish as Gilman. Did Terao just show him that he is not as good as thinks he is. He just went to the top of my list for those of hope lose in 5ots in the NCAA finals. What a complete idiot!!!
--------

I went back to watch the ending of the Gilman - Terao match just to be sure.

Gilman wrestled a clean match. With 2 seconds left in the match, Terao was riding Gilman, trailing by 2 (after riding time), and unable to turn Gilman, twice struck Gilman's neck and lower face.

To call it a cross face is charitable, more like striking. Brands came running out on to the mat as time expired, as he apparently saw Gilman upset about the cheap shots. Gilman and Terao exchanged words. That was it.

Not a big deal, and to crucify Gilman over that shows your colored glasses. There were several other incidents at Midlands that were more notable, but you choose to single out Gilman.

You're the one who seems like an idiot.

Last edited:
--------

Gilman wrestled a clean match. With 2 seconds left in the match, Terao was riding Gilman, trailing by 2 (after riding time), and unable to turn Gilman, twice struck Gilman's neck and lower face.

To call it a cross face is charitable, more like striking. Brands came running out on to the mat as time expired, as he apparently apparently saw Gilman upset about the cheap shots. Gilman and Terao exchanged words. That was it.

Not a big deal, and to crucify Gilman over that shows your colored glasses. There were several other incidents at Midlands that were more notable, but you choose to single out Gilman.

giphy.gif

--------

To call it a cross face is charitable, more like striking. Brands came running out on to the mat as time expired, as he apparently saw Gilman upset about the cheap shots. Gilman and Terao exchanged words. That was it.

Bingo

While I think Terao might have been overly aggressive with his "crossfaces" I've seen other guys even on our own team react this way and let their emotions get to them. Gilman got up had a couple comments for Terao, Terao had a few comments back, both guys move on and it's wrestling. If it was an Iowa throwing the crossfaces we'd defend him if it's our guy getting them thrown on him we go after the other guy it's how it works. Haters always gonna hate on Iowa, so let them hate.

First, no problem with Gilman. Thought he was recipient of cheap shot and I would have responded the same, maybe worse.

Kemerer is looking outstanding. Was tough as shit in HS but looking really good after time in Iowa room.

Sorenson, while I like him, will continue to get crucified by Retherford.

Looking forward to see how Suriano can hang with Gilman.

Think PSU has close edge against Iowa but will be exciting match.

Finally, no need to pull the Sandusky shit. None of us had involvement, call our former governor and AG and other cronies if you're interested in that subject to determine who were involved....it wasn't PSU coaches, AD or president (who I never cared for but he was wrongly accused by our ex governor).

Until our match........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT