ADVERTISEMENT

MIDLANDS SESSION 3

Where he gets caught in a dumb hold and lets the guy stall out the match. Meyer had him on the ropes and gives him the leg.

This is something most Iowa guys like to do..."Here, take my leg please"

Twice Meyer desperately needed a takedown and the other guy was runnin and somehow Meyer lets him in eeeeasy on the leg...mind blowing.

Reactions: Azchief32
Is it me or are Gilman's post match antics just getting ridiculous at this point? He is a 5th year senior and team leader. Is it too much to ask him to lead by example? No one else in the country acts as consistently dickish as Gilman. Did Terao just show him that he is not as good as thinks he is. He just went to the top of my list for those of hope lose in 5ots in the NCAA finals. What a complete idiot!!!
Yes I agree with what you said about all Penn State wrestlers needing to lose so that they don't win another national title............ever.

Thanks! :)

Amateur hour. You know Gilman is a dbag and that's why your scruffy hawk feathers are so ruffled. Frank the Tank had a small celebration after his win at the trials and you guys wanted to crucify him. Next time you see a Penn State wrestler act like Gilman after a match, please let me know. I doubt that our top ranked wrestlers will be getting spladked anytime soon. Lol!
Maybe not a sladle but how about a cradle in the NCAA finals Magicman!! Get out of here!!

Reactions: ih8iast8 and Huck
Here's what I don't get. Stoll gets called for stalling for pushing a guy out. When he gets a stand up on bottom, Hall holds him and pushes him out. Stoll tried to move in but Hall's whole point is to get him out
The call on Stoll was bull shit. They did not even go out of bounds for starters and secondly Hall was backing away all over the mat from the lock Sam had. I thought it was a rule that they were going to call stalling for pushing the bottom guy OB. If not they need to make one. Either return him to the mat, let him go or get a stall should be the options.

Went back and watched the Gilman thing....Terao gave him two hard cross faces in the last few seconds. Those were purposeful...not for a wrestling move. We all know that a college wrestler knows what the time is. Now...I don't mind it so much...a little something for Gilman to remember Terao by but I also don't mind Gilman getting all Chingasos on him. Nobody should let guys give them free shots.

Gilman did nothing dirty btw for those keeping count.

yesterday that was stalling on Cash for being shoved out - but new mat, new ref, different rules

Which is why they need to simply go to a push-out rule, rather than the POS rule they have now, which just leaves more discretion to the ref.

It's supposed to stop guys from wrestling near the edge and then popping out of bounds, and it does that a bit (I'd love to see stats on OB calls from neutral from year to year) but it would help a whole lot more if the first wrestler OB got dinged -- stall or a point, either way -- every single time.

Reactions: Jaybird319
Went back and watched the Gilman thing....Terao gave him two hard cross faces in the last few seconds. Those were purposeful...not for a wrestling move. We all know that a college wrestler knows what the time is. Now...I don't mind it so much...a little something for Gilman to remember Terao by but I also don't mind Gilman getting all Chingasos on him. Nobody should let guys give them free shots.

Gilman did nothing dirty btw for those keeping count.
Funny how Gilman gets in a tussle he didn't even start, and outcry already starts before he walks off the mat. While Ashnault from Rutgers lost to Jack for unsportsmanlike punch to the face...crickets.

Meyer going against Statzka
Young going as well.

Meyer gives up a quick TD. And is being ridden.

Morningstar asking how Statzka can ride leg w/o a count
Meyer Esc. and is out in 47 seconds. down 1-2
Young gives up TD and backs down 0-4.

"Mental grind" for Meyer.
Arizona State's Anthony Valencia is wrestling young.
Meyer gives up leg and is now fighting off another TD.
Young has an esc 1-4.
Marinelli is coming out.
And Brooks is after young.
Skatzka is on a shot and Meyer on butt.
Still driving and not TD.
1-2 Meyer
Marinelli on a dbl.

Skaatzka down to start second.
Leg in and riding hard. Very Meyers-esc.
1 min into 2nd period.
Blood time in Meyer's match

Marinelli on a low single
Valenecia on a shot.
Marinelli around on a TD.
Young TD ? I think.

Young down 2-4 at the end of 2nd.
No TD.
Blood Time for Young.

Meyer will ride out in 2nd period.
Down 1-2
1:12 of RT for Meyer.
3rd period
Esc Meyer
2-2
and has RT

Velndacia esc and TD on Young.

Marinelli up 2-0

Meyer
1:30 togo
leads on RT point.
Need a TD here.
2/1 for Meyer
Meyer find outside trip, sucking it in, roll though and Meyer stays with it. Covers for 2!
4-2

Young down 7-3

Marinelli trying the whipover.

Brooks s Gravina
Quick TD for Brooks.

Marinelli has 3 min of RT
up 2-0
End of 2.

Esc Gravina
1-2
SW on Brooks, shoe not tied.
Shot , head to outside and dumps but oob
Shot , head to outside and dumps but whizzard.
SM

Marinelli has a 4-1 lead with 3+ of RT.

I don't know how he missed the TD at :30 left.
I have no idea what that was except a TD
Brooks up 2-1 end of 1st period.
Brooks down to start the 2nd.

Marinelli wins 5-1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT