ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Quarterfinals Thread

who won last year?
We did but if not for Spencer getting Austin to come here we don't do crap during the past couple years because we had nobody lined up for 133 and now that he is leaving we have a recruit ranked in the 60s set to take over.

Have and always will love the Hawks. That being said, we need some major changes to how we prepare, recruit, coach, lift, condition, everything. We need new blood in the form of an assistant who brings a different type of wrestling. We just don't scramble and flow like PSU and so many other top wrestlers. If we stay the course today will become the norm. That can't happen.
Our guys are beat to sh,t and it shows

Reactions: usarmyret2011
I love the Hawks and love TNT but these failures are coaching fails.
I disagree. We had quite a few guys (DA, JE, MK, TC) competing at well less than 100% health. That is hard to overcome.

Make no mistake about it. TNT has won four national championships and finished in the top 5 every year. It's not like we are when Zalesky was here.

But TNT needs to do some reflection when it comes to competing in the national tournament. It's hard to argue we ever overachieve at nationals. Ever. They will reflect and hopefully be honest. Just like all coaches should do. And they will. Their track record proves they will.

Just like in basketball, the sun will come up tomorrow. Iowa wrestling is not far off. Today has just been a day from hell. See basketball and yesterday.

Totally inexcusable for a school like Iowa, with so many resources, $$$, tradition, & fan base to struggle like this. The injuries- get it figured out, probably a combo of over training and poor strength and conditioning. Hire some one else to take care of S&T. Offensive shots, finishes and scrambling - get someone in who can teach it better. We behind the rest of the country in shot offense and scrambling. Let’s get someone in on staff to do it. Is this staff capable of making these changes?

No wonder you gots a baaaad attitude. I mean attitude.
FrankHonoredKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

Assad had that .....learn how to finish a takedown. Just gift wrapped that.
Assad got SMASHED by Geer the last time they wrestled. He is a TERRIBLE matchup for Assad, since he is at his best against the singles(which are Assads) go to, really tough on top, where Assad's weakness is bottom and much stronger than Assad, who actually tries to be physical and push the pace.

I know it sucks that he lost, but I didn't expect him to get it to OT, let alone have a chance to win. He made some substantial changes after getting throttled the 1st time and almost pulled off a legitimate upset!

I disagree. We had quite a few guys (DA, JE, MK, TC) competing at well less than 100% health. That is hard to overcome.

Make no mistake about it. TNT has won four national championships and finished in the top 5 every year. It's not like we are when Zalesky was here.

But TNT needs to do some reflection when it comes to competing in the national tournament. It's hard to argue we ever overachieve at nationals. Ever. They will reflect and hopefully be honest. Just like all coaches should do. And they will. Their track record proves they will.

Just like in basketball, the sun will come up tomorrow. Iowa wrestling is not far off. Today has just been a day from hell. See basketball and yesterday.
Hey and at least it’s Friday and we have beer

Reactions: Hawk170 and blhawk
We did but if not for Spencer getting Austin to come here we don't do crap during the past couple years because we had nobody lined up for 133 and now that he is leaving we have a recruit ranked in the 60s set to take over.
if not for Spencer to come here? You dumb? So none of the recruits count? For Austin,, yeah PSU never gets transfers in

You and Tailgate just come on here to bitch

Have and always will love the Hawks. That being said, we need some major changes to how we prepare, recruit, coach, lift, condition, everything. We need new blood in the form of an assistant who brings a different type of wrestling. We just don't scramble and flow like PSU and so many other top wrestlers. If we stay the course today will become the norm. That can't happen.
news flash... last year was the exception... not the rule. Last decade has been rough. Today is no surprise to those that have been paying attention.

Reactions: TailgateTom
the nightmare continues. and whoever told Abe to go down against geer should be canned.
you’re telling me our coach’s made an obvious strategic error? it’s not like geer rode him like a rented mule a few weeks ago or something….

Reactions: eb05 and MVPFAN
Holy cow on Ayala folks. It's not like anyone is writing him off forever and ever. Injury or no injury, I just think he still has quite a ways to go to physically match the best of the best. He's young. He has time. Sorry for thinking he isn't an automatic 3x national champion.
Hate to say it, but your post was stupid. Again, it's like you didn't see any of his college matches prior to the injury. The kid was taking out top 10 wrestlers except one every time out.

Reactions: pumpdog20
Watched jordan burroughs on a flo podcast recently. Make him wrestling commissioner and the problem is solved!

news flash... last year was the exception... not the rule. Last decade has been rough. Today is no surprise to those that have been paying attention.
Even last year was a bittersweet because of the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT