ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Session 1 Thread

No growth, just kinda been around for years it seems
Either was way overrated in high school, or it was a really bad class that year. Everyone was high on him, especially after beating fucundo at WNO. Fucundo was a disappointment his only year in PSU line up. We will see if he looks best 174 if star doesn’t come back.

Reactions: Muscles1989
Glazier....now ready to get rid of Telford and Star?

If not, what will it take?

Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

Reactions: MitchLL
Glazier....now ready to get rid of Telford and Star?

If not, what will it take?
Not sure I'm going to blame that one on Telford or Star. As much as I loved to see Glazier step up this year and do well, it's a recruiting/talent issue (so more on Tom), not a training problem. Glazier's a great guy, stepped up when he got a chance, but far from an elite recruit. Way more shocked at PK loss than Glazier. JMO.

Edit to add that I still agree new Assts would be a wise choice, if we can get better ones to come.

I wish I could be mad but this has been the same story basically every single year under Brands since 2011. Even when we won it in 2021, it didn’t feel satisfying because of how Saturday night went down.

If the Brands don’t want to adapt and make the necessary changes to compete for national titles, then they need to be shown the door.

I wish I could be mad but this has been the same story basically every single year under Brands since 2011. Even when we won it in 2021, it didn’t feel satisfying because of how Saturday night went down.

If the Brands don’t want to adapt and make the necessary changes to compete for national titles, then they need to be shown the door.
exactly right!!! way more let downs under brands than great stories!!

Not sure I'm going to blame that one on Telford or Star. As much as I loved to see Glazier step up this year and do well, it's a recruiting/talent issue (so more on Tom), not a training problem. Glazier's a great guy, stepped up when he got a chance, but far from an elite recruit. Way more shocked at PK loss than Glazier. JMO.

Edit to add that I still agree new Assts would be a wise choice, if we can get better ones to come.
it can be some of both

silver lining all the guys who lost weren’t likely to score many points anyways. might as well get the dream out of our minds early

Whenever I ask which wrestlers improve at Iowa I get “uhhhhh Glazier and uhhh Brands got 5th.”

Reactions: Chuck C
Don't worry - when Brands gets interviewed later he will say "Are we gonna cry about the past or keep looking forward - gotta move on and keep going forward. We love our guys" Then he will will look mad and glare at the camera
Well, that it kind of true you know. Why cry, move forward......but then change EVERYTHING that is needed as you do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT