ADVERTISEMENT

*************NCAA Wrestling Championship Finals************

Runner? How many attacks did Eirman have vs. Lee? Without counting the counters and headshakes, here's the count:

Eirman vs. Lee
6 to 7 (1st period)
2 to 5 (2nd period)
1 to 4 (3rd period)
9 to 16 (total in regulation)

So who was running?
Yeah, man. We get it. None of us would be proud of a guy backing up the entire match either. It’s cool. At the end of the day, the guys a champion. Obviously, Cael is happy with that style of wrestling and it obviously worked so, congrats, I guess.

Reactions: 24 so far
Runner? How many attacks did Eirman have vs. Lee? Without counting the counters and headshakes, here's the count:

Eirman vs. Lee
6 to 7 (1st period)
2 to 5 (2nd period)
1 to 4 (3rd period)
9 to 16 (total in regulation)

So who was running?

Solid work. How about a “pitch count” of the B1G Finals?

It is my opinion that the things he does are scummy and harm collegiate wrestling. Look at how he treated Bubba Jenkins. Look at how he essentially forced his coach to retire, only to leave ISU in the lurch and they still haven't recovered over a decade later. Look at what he does with the NLWC. Look at how he recruits. Look at what's going on with Gilman. Etc, etc. There are many things Bael does that in my opinion (and in the opinion of many others) are scummy, and they are scummy because they harm collegiate wrestling and have had negative impacts on ISU and on particular individuals. Collegiate wrestling is at its worst point in a very long time sadly. If you think the term scumbag is a bit too nasty you are probably right. That said, he has a long history of making some questionable decisions, and the way he uses the NLWC in recruiting really rubs many people the wrong way.

Look how he recruits?

1. Both teams have the same number of kids in their room. And for the most part, they all have the same goal of being a national champion.

2. I doubt Murin was happy about giving up his spot to Eirerman. And who did Desanto displace when he transferred in?

I'm not criticizing Iowa because every coach tries to put together the best team that they can. It obviously worked well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
Look how he recruits?

1. Both teams have the same number of kids in their room. And for the most part, they all have the same goal of being a national champion.

2. I doubt Murin was happy about giving up his spot to Eirerman. And who did Desanto displace when he transferred in?

I'm not criticizing Iowa because every coach tries to put together the best team that they can. It obviously worked well.

I think the issues are with his recruiting methods: negative recruiting, "creative" use of the NLWC, recruiting of Andrew Long, etc. Heck, even bringing Thomas Gilman and having him blast Iowa on the reg isn't a great look. There has been a lot of information all over about this I'm not going to rehash it.

I think the issues are with his recruiting methods: negative recruiting, "creative" use of the NLWC, recruiting of Andrew Long, etc. Heck, even bringing Thomas Gilman and having him blast Iowa on the reg isn't a great look. There has been a lot of information all over about this I'm not going to rehash it.
Rumors, hearsay and innuendo are not information. Here's a tip: just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Even moreso when it's on HR.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Rumors, hearsay and innuendo are not information. Here's a tip: just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Even moreso when it's on HR.

Of course it's information. You're just arguing as to its credibility.

Certainly the Andrew Long and Thomas Gilman things are true. And the issue regarding the preference for his brother Cyler over Bubba is likely true as well.

And there are other issues with Bael. How he treated Bobby Douglas and ISU is pretty unforgivable imo. And let's not forget the whole episode with J'Den Cox at the WTT, which wasn't a good look at all.

Reactions: fufighters
I was sure they would catch that on the review, but somehow they didn't notice the edge of the mat lifting!!!!!!????????
As a HS official that caught my attention, and I checked:
2019-20 and 2020-21
NCAA WRESTLING
CASE BOOK
NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

Updated January 12, 2021
Per Rule 5.8.6, grabbing the mat is a technical
violation and when this occurs referees may issue the penalty point

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, there's more PSU posters than Iowa. WTF? Please kindly take a hike, u guys are a f***** buzz kill........
Oh? I just see a lot of "you are ignoring content from this clown", or something to that effect. Tidies it up considerably. There's a couple of decent dudes, and a couple I will keep around temporarily for my own amusement on slow days.

As a HS official that caught my attention, and I checked:
2019-20 and 2020-21
NCAA WRESTLING
CASE BOOK
NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

Updated January 12, 2021
Per Rule 5.8.6, grabbing the mat is a technical
violation and when this occurs referees may issue the penalty point
I think if you watch the replay, the hand comes down off the mat first. At that moment, the wrestling would be stopped. Hidlay then pulls back on Brooks, at which time the mat grab occurs. It wasn't as if Brooks was flattened out, several feet from the edge, and he stretched out to grab it. He was trying to get his ankle free, pulling away from the direction he was being in, he lost his balance, and his hand came down off the mat.

2 matches that just fell the wrong way and people are writing out their suicide notes...

And I guess PSU has already won next year too, cause IOWA Wrestlers don't improve :rolleyes:
I am finally getting to reading these posts. What a joke, but expected, for a Penn State poster to come on this board and guarantee PSU next year, because they will improve and Iowa won't:). Idiotic post, but perfect from what appears to be a sore loser. Also, from the perspective of team points; I think the Bull scores more than 5 points next year:) and I would bet on Murin scoring more as well. I also see a healthy Lee scoring a few more bonus points, so PSU needs "more" points. They have to make up the margin they lost by and also the additional points I think our guys can score that dealt with some adversity. I fully realize there are many moving parts on every team, but I like our chances. We won without our best performance by almost another wrestler making the finals over Penn State. I think it's going to be an awesome team race next year and a highly competitive tournament with the Ivy League returning and some of their talent. I'm looking forward to it already.

and counting:)
I'm confident ours won't get "vacated". They may get Clem Haskined before it's all said and done..........which would of course be extremely sad. (only kidding, sort of......)

Last edited:
Oh? I just see a lot of "you are ignoring content from this clown", or something to that effect. Tidies it up considerably. There's a couple of decent dudes, and a couple I will keep around temporarily for my own amusement on slow days.
You're a better man than me, lol. I was just coming to soak it in after kicking the s*** out of PSU and instead my ignore list grew in the double digits in an afternoon!
Geezo Perez.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT