ADVERTISEMENT

Ronald Nash

maxstabs13

HR Heisman
Aug 20, 2005
I think this addition will surprise some people...

I have seen a few guys slip through the cracks in recent years and this is one guy I am glad will be suiting up for Iowa. I am not sure if the lack of high school interest was due to grades or the fact he played in woeful Sioux City, but he is a very solid WR.

He has solid speed, good change of direction, can take contact and keep going, but most of all he comes to the ball rather than waiting on it.

Originally posted by maxstabs13:

I have seen a few guys slip through the cracks in recent years and this is one guy I am glad will be suiting up for Iowa. I am not sure if the lack of high school interest was due to grades or the fact he played in woeful Sioux City, but he is a very solid WR.

He has solid speed, good change of direction, can take contact and keep going, but most of all he comes to the ball rather than waiting on it.
I love walk-ons. They really want to be there and they often practice 'hungry'.

Well max...he was part of teams that beat Waukee, urbandale, Johnston, Indianola,and Ames. So apparently ther are a lot of "more woeful" teams in Iowa. He was a full ride kid to UNI but wanted more. As soon as you figure out 4A football is about Valley and Dowling...the happier you will be.

Grades are not an issue and he is the type of kid that you would be lucky if he were to marry your daughter.

He was part of a very talented receiving corp as a junior so stats were spread out over about four kids. Dom T. Williams was a senior and went baseball in college..he was drafted by the cardinals last year, and the other senior starts for a local D-II team. As a senior he had a leg injury in the first game and missed a couple games. While he was gone, East lost their top two QB's and converted another WR to play QB, and Nash still had a good year. My guess is that all of these things were factors, had Minnesota had one more scholarship to give he probably would be there.

You might remember the Drake relays 100 his junior year where he finished third....behind two other "woeful" Sioux City kids.

I'm obviously biased, but he is as good of a walk-on as I've seen at Iowa in a while. And lose the arrogance...nothing more of a shortcoming of character than that. And further, Ron is a great young man.

Originally posted by BigHawk:
Well max...he was part of teams that beat Waukee, urbandale, Johnston, Indianola,and Ames. So apparently ther are a lot of "more woeful" teams in Iowa. He was a full ride kid to UNI but wanted more. As soon as you figure out 4A football is about Valley and Dowling...the happier you will be.

Grades are not an issue and he is the type of kid that you would be lucky if he were to marry your daughter.

He was part of a very talented receiving corp as a junior so stats were spread out over about four kids. Dom T. Williams was a senior and went baseball in college..he was drafted by the cardinals last year, and the other senior starts for a local D-II team. As a senior he had a leg injury in the first game and missed a couple games. While he was gone, East lost their top two QB's and converted another WR to play QB, and Nash still had a good year. My guess is that all of these things were factors, had Minnesota had one more scholarship to give he probably would be there.

You might remember the Drake relays 100 his junior year where he finished third....behind two other "woeful" Sioux City kids.

I'm obviously biased, but he is as good of a walk-on as I've seen at Iowa in a while. And lose the arrogance...nothing more of a shortcoming of character than that. And further, Ron is a great young man.

Sioux city blows
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by BigHawk:

Not being arrogant if it is the truth. Truth is a lot of Sioux City kids don't get looks for football, because other than Heelan none of those schools are competitive. Same goes for pretty much all public schools, but Sioux City and Davenport in particular have at least 2 really bad teams almost every year. Maybe I shouldn't lay it all on Sioux City... The MRC is barely competitive most of the time and that is likely why kids get overlooked.

2001-2010 SC East at 50-47 was the only MRC team with a winning record... Woeful is a good word for the conference...
MRC 1 team of 5= 20%
CIML 10 teams of 18= 56%
MVC 7 teams of 14= 50%
MAC 5 teams of 10= 50%

As long as I have watched 4A football I have never seen a MRC/Sioux City team in the 4A Semifinals... Besides seeing Sioux City East against Waterloo East in the early 2000's state basketball tournament I couldn't tell you the school colors or mascots of any Sioux City teams other than Heelan.

I like what I've read about this guy. I especially like how he always wanted to come to Iowa City.

Max....I will leave it at this...you need to take a better look. Why did you cut East's record off at 2010. They have had 5 playoff teams since then and until this past fall they have won the first round of the playoffs over Waukee, Indianola, Ames, and Johnston.

As far as the finals go not many people not named valley or Dowling have made the championship. Look what happened to ankeny....huge school that split....and now they are like everyone else...second fiddle to the big boys.

East was runner up three years ago in basketball and runner up in baseball two years ago...so you aren't paying attention. And you can't name the mascots???? Oh...that makes a city woeful...lol

But by your logic..cities that haven't won a championship as of late....cedar rapids, Waterloo, Des Moines, council bluffs, fort dodge, Dubuque, davenport, cedar falls should all fall under that guise. Iowa city owns basketball, west Des Moines and Bettendorf have owned football and SE Polk has owned wrestling as of late.....better throw everyone else under the bus as well.

Lots of things go into a kid not getting an offer but saying the city the kid grows up in is as dumb of a statement as I've heard...let's enjoy Ronnie trying to make everyone look foolish.

Originally posted by maxstabs13:

The staff offered Smith, Ogwo and Falconer so it doesn't look like they agree with you Max. Hope he turns out to be a good one after all.

You can't measure someone wanting to be somewhere, he is a good catch.

I wouldn't exactly trumpet making the 4A playoffs or even winning the first round game as a measure of success, that is a pretty low bar to jump over.

Saw this kid and he will help out his QB.
He likes to also catch the tough throws.
He cant hurt. Plus he has some college time albeit the JC route.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT